PDA

View Full Version : Kstate has won the big 12

JLEW1818
10/20/2012, 07:06 PM
Unless their QB goes down or something funky happens.

Hopefully they still drop one game and we pass them in the BCS.

No conference championship game bites us, period.

SoonerPride93
10/20/2012, 07:12 PM
"And it aint over yet!"

FirstandGoal
10/20/2012, 07:17 PM
I still think they drop one. Taco tech is our best bet

MamaMia
10/20/2012, 07:18 PM
We just can not afford to lose even one game a year these days. It puts us at a HUGE disadvantage.

FaninAma
10/20/2012, 07:49 PM
Mistakes against a good team are deadly.

8timechamps
10/20/2012, 07:51 PM
K-State simply will not beat themselves. Part of me isn't that surprised that they are owning WVU. WVU is probably the most undisciplined team in the conference. Feast or famine.

tycat947
10/20/2012, 07:54 PM
Unless their QB goes down or something funky happens.

Hopefully they still drop one game and we pass them in the BCS.

No conference championship game bites us, period.

Agreed, they are not going to lose 2 games.

Actually, 3 turnovers bites us, period. We don't have the turnovers, we win, and there's no need for championship game.

8timechamps
10/20/2012, 07:57 PM
Agreed, they are not going to lose 2 games.

Actually, 3 turnovers bites us, period. We don't have the turnovers, we win, and there's no need for championship game.

But, it's football...things like that happen. You just don't want to admit that not having a CCG hurts.

soonercastor
10/20/2012, 07:59 PM

Even if they lose one they still win the Big 12. The only realistic shot is them losing to T Tech and Tech not losing another Big 12 game.

OUNASH
10/20/2012, 07:59 PM
Still alot of football to be played. I thought after the Texas game last year we would win out and capture another title. Strange things can still happen over the next 6-7 weeks.

soonercastor
10/20/2012, 08:01 PM
But, it's football...things like that happen. You just don't want to admit that not having a CCG hurts.

It's not really that big of a deal, even with a CCG that loss could be to a divisional team and we wouldn't make it to the CCG in that scenario.

FaninAma
10/20/2012, 08:02 PM
Even if they lose one they still win the Big 12. The only realistic shot is them losing to T Tech and Tech not losing another Big 12 game.

Tech has played most of the other contenders besides KSU. If they beat KSU then Okie State is their biggest stumbling block left that actually has a semblance of a defense.

JLEW1818
10/20/2012, 08:12 PM
It's not really that big of a deal, even with a CCG that loss could be to a divisional team and we wouldn't make it to the CCG in that scenario.

but Kstate wouldn't be in our divison. So yes, it does hurt. Please admit that.

OU_Sooners75
10/20/2012, 08:17 PM
Come on now JLEW.

They may win the conference. But they have a lot of football left.

They could lose to any of: TCU, TT, UT, OSU.

Even if they lose and OU wins out, OU will be in a BCS bowl. And very much in the NC picture if there are a bunch of one loss teams.

badger
10/20/2012, 08:20 PM
Does anyone else fear for our purple aggie's lives?

Just embarrassing WVU on their home turf is bad, but that KSU Mask video this week I'm sure has them EXTRA riled up... it could be similar to when the Rice band had to be snuck outta Aggie territory after their insulting halftime performance back in the 70s.

Pray for Wildcat safety tonight. Those West Virginia fans are already probably burning more than couches :eek:

FirstandGoal
10/20/2012, 08:21 PM
Come on now JLEW.

They may win the conference. But they have a lot of football left.

They could lose to any of: TCU, TT, UT, OSU.

Even if they lose and OU wins out, OU will be in a BCS bowl. And very much in the NC picture if there are a bunch of one loss teams.
This is why in my mind, we only need purple kitten to lose once. I still think tceh has the best shot.

soonercastor
10/20/2012, 08:23 PM

I said "not that big of a deal," yeah this year obviously we would get to play them again but then what happens when that other team is in our division?

soonercastor
10/20/2012, 08:25 PM

Yeah we would be in the picture but we're not going to the NC over 1-loss KSU.

ouwasp
10/20/2012, 08:29 PM

I just hope KSU loses a game so we could find out... you never know...

JLEW1818
10/20/2012, 08:31 PM
What are you arguing? I said Kstate could drop one and us still be ranked higher in the BCS.

But yes, Kstate has won the big12.

soonercastor
10/20/2012, 08:33 PM
What are you arguing? I said Kstate could drop one and us still be ranked higher in the BCS.

I'm telling you we won't be higher if they only drop one. We might be for a few weeks because rankings are usually very reactionary week to week, but not on the final poll...especially if it has NC implications.

jk the sooner fan
10/20/2012, 08:33 PM
so much for that "playing in Morgantown at night is a no win situation" thing

OU_Sooners75
10/20/2012, 08:34 PM

I would beg to differ....

If KSU loses and OU keeps winning. OU will jump KSU in the BCS standings.

Don't let the win over OU by KSU cloud your mind.

IF OU wins out and KSU loses after this week, OU may not be in drivers seat of Big 12 title, but they will be the higher ranked BCS team of the two.

JLEW1818
10/20/2012, 08:37 PM
So yah obviously pull for taco to win out. Don't see it.

soonercastor
10/20/2012, 08:41 PM
I would beg to differ....

IF OU wins out and KSU loses after this week, OU may not be in drivers seat of Big 12 title, but they will be the higher ranked BCS team of the two.

I can see it happening as I said in a post above, voters might not care and they're lazy for the most part...as long as it doesn't have NC implications; but if it's for a spot for the NC then we're not going over 1-loss KSU because they will have that Big 12 champ title and the h2h and the voters will take that into account.

OU_Sooners75
10/20/2012, 08:44 PM
I'm telling you we won't be higher if they only drop one. We might be for a few weeks because rankings are usually very reactionary week to week, but not on the final poll...especially if it has NC implications.

You have no clue how the BCS works do you?

Ill put it this way. The only way OU wins out while KSU loses one from any game starting next week. And jumps OU by the final poll is if OU has a very very very small lead over them.

The computers will have OU well ahead of KSU.
The human polls would have to have a significant advantage for KSU.

It won't happen.

OU_Sooners75
10/20/2012, 08:48 PM
I can see it happening as I said in a post above, voters might not care and they're lazy for the most part...as long as it doesn't have NC implications; but if it's for a spot for the NC then we're not going over 1-loss KSU because they will have that Big 12 champ title and the h2h and the voters will take that into account.

You mean how the SEC west divisional and SEC conference champion Alabama got the nod over OSU last year?

How about how KSU got the nod over OU in 2003.

What about the Colorado nod over Nebraska in 2001.

Point? You don't have to be conference champions to be in the BCS title game.

OU would have the better SOS, the longer win streak, and more wins over ranked teams.

The only thing KSU wouod have is the same record and win over OU.

MamaMia
10/20/2012, 08:55 PM
WE HAVE TO WIN EVERY GAME!!!

VA Sooner
10/20/2012, 09:09 PM
KSU defense looked good against the Mountaineers. Very disciplined defense.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/20/2012, 09:10 PM
K State is gonna win out. They will play a meaningless game against ? in the Fiesta Bowl.

mojorisen2014
10/20/2012, 09:26 PM
KState WILL NOT win out. Wager anyone?

JLEW1818
10/20/2012, 09:34 PM
If we too win our what BCS Bowl gets first pick this year? I hope Oregon goes to the national title, and we sneak into the Rose Bowl somehow.????

10/20/2012, 09:43 PM

IF OU wins out and KSU loses after this week, OU may not be in drivers seat of Big 12 title, but they will be the higher ranked BCS team of the two.meh...k-state still wins the league, and goes to the Fiesta against popcorn a&m.

10/20/2012, 09:47 PM
If we too win our what BCS Bowl gets first pick this year? I hope Oregon goes to the national title, and we sneak into the Rose Bowl somehow.????that could happen. I love it, and would def. go. I love that Rose Bowl.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/20/2012, 09:52 PM
TCU will beat KSU as Klein will have his worst game of the season in that game and at a time when the pressure really starts to be immense for KSU. Unfortunately, that's only one loss. I am ready for that old man to retire, so KSU goes back into the ****ter again. And what kind of prick puts his career over his wife and children? Oh yeah, that prick.

SoonerMarkVA
10/20/2012, 10:04 PM

Yup, Tech's hangin' tough. Beating TCU was a good win for them.

soonergirlNeugene
10/20/2012, 10:04 PM
Was thinking this right around halftime when I saw the WVU score. Really hated losing the B12 CCG. Oh well, if it can't be us then I hope they win it all.

Sabanball
10/20/2012, 10:11 PM
K-State looked impressive, but they will still need help to get in the big game even if they win out.

Sabanball
10/20/2012, 10:14 PM
[QUOTE=mojorisen2014;3532881]KState WILL NOT win out. Wager anyone?[/QU

Normally, I would agree, but I dont see anyone remaining on their schedule that is playing at their level.

redkid
10/20/2012, 10:15 PM
non issue,,k-state loses 2 of their remaining games,,one tx team beats them''and okie state,,we run the table''win the b12 and play in the NCG,,

MamaMia
10/20/2012, 10:15 PM
Geeze, I hate this having to NEED someone else to screw up worse than we did stuff. For it to have happened early may be better than later but it also prolongs the torture.

yermom
10/20/2012, 10:47 PM
i think the computers won't like them as much as us if they lose. if we beat Notre Dame, it should help a lot in the polls and computers

we also need Oregon, and Florida/LSU/Alabama to start losing games too :D

picasso
10/20/2012, 10:48 PM
They'll lay an egg against someone. The problem is they need to lose twice.

BoulderSooner79
10/20/2012, 10:52 PM

A CCG has hurt us in the past and other teams in the conference. You just want to pick and choose when it might help and conveniently forget when it hurts. It's a red herring, we don't have one and everyone knew it coming in.

MamaMia
10/20/2012, 10:57 PM
The only time a CCG helps is when you're the team that needs redemption. If you win out and have the better schedule, that's all that needs to happen.

Having to play a team you have already beaten, risking an injury, before a Bowl game that you can not afford, is not a good thing.

goingoneight
10/20/2012, 10:58 PM
I don't like that we lost to KSU... but I'd cheer like crazy for them if they played for an MNC. They're defying odds already as well as the popular opinion that you have to be some pinball machine offensive juggernaut to win in this league.

That said... for now, keep winning OU!

Oh, and **** KSU.

... and Texas.

BoulderSooner79
10/20/2012, 11:00 PM

I'll admit it's a bunch of whining about something that doesn't exist.

picasso
10/20/2012, 11:01 PM
I still think the pokes have a shot at them.

SoonerMarkVA
10/20/2012, 11:01 PM

Unless Tech wins out.

picasso
10/20/2012, 11:03 PM
Unless Tech wins out.

Ah true, now that WVU is out of the equation.

yermom
10/20/2012, 11:03 PM

head-to-head only matters for the Fiesta

soonergirlNeugene
10/20/2012, 11:25 PM
I kinda hate the fiesta bowl. If they (KState) wins out and gets to the NCG, I'm buying a purple shirt. If they drop only 1 to someone other than Tech and that means we get to play in a different BCS bowl then I could be happy with that too. Of course if they drop 2 or Tech wins out then I'd be ecstatic for another B12 title.

Eielson
10/20/2012, 11:25 PM
WVU never had much of a chance. Tech and TCU were the best bets, and still are. It could be argued that this game was the easiest one they had remaining.

dennis580
10/20/2012, 11:28 PM
We can still get co-champs if theyhave 1 loss. There are no tie breakers for conference championships if we have the same record we are co-champs. Also wish we had a conference championship because Irealy dislike co-champs even if it benefits us.

I still think K St can lose 2 games, but they HAVElose next week against Tech.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
10/21/2012, 07:40 AM
KState WILL NOT win out. Wager anyone?

We need a vBet thread for this. Put your vCash where your vMouth is.

Scoregasm
10/21/2012, 08:55 AM
I'm not saying it's going to, but anything can happen. I've seen the "improbable" happen so many times, I've lost count. I wish we wouldn't have lost to ksu, but evey week that loss looks better and better while at the same time becoming harder to overcome.

olevetonahill
10/21/2012, 08:57 AM
I aint conceding shat till the season is over .

Widescreen
10/21/2012, 09:07 AM
Of course if they drop 2 or Tech wins out then I'd be ecstatic for another B12 title.
If we win out and KSU loses 1, we share the Big 12 championship regardless of what anyone else does.

BigTip
10/21/2012, 09:46 AM
Geeze, I hate this having to NEED someone else to screw up worse than we did stuff. For it to have happened early may be better than later but it also prolongs the torture.

Exactly.

I was all ready for the season to be over after the KSU loss. This resurgence IS prolonging the agony. I am feeling that we will win out and miss everything (conference, NC) by "just that much." Arghhhh

BoulderSooner79
10/21/2012, 10:25 AM
Exactly.

I was all ready for the season to be over after the KSU loss. This resurgence IS prolonging the agony. I am feeling that we will win out and miss everything (conference, NC) by "just that much." Arghhhh

Yeah, if only we had lost @TT like we usually do, this season wouldn't be causing us so much grief.

JiminyChristmas
10/21/2012, 10:31 AM
Bring back CCG. Get back to 12.

Soonerjeepman
10/21/2012, 10:36 AM
ksu 1 loss
OU 1 loss
TT 1 lose...

three way tie for conf championship...bowl selection is based on BCS?

JLEW1818
10/21/2012, 10:39 AM
ksu 1 loss
OU 1 loss
TT 1 lose...

three way tie for conf championship...bowl selection is based on BCS?

I would think so. Similar to 2010. Not a true 3 way tie for the south, bull had same conference record.

The_Red_Patriot
10/21/2012, 11:52 AM
They are gonna drop a game. It's in their blood to do so. Kind of like us.

BoulderSooner79
10/21/2012, 11:54 AM
They are gonna drop a game. It's in their blood to do so. Kind of like us.

And most other teams too.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/21/2012, 12:01 PM
I understand Bob's indignation now, K-State is really good. I don't want bad karma for OU, so I hope we win out. If K-State goes undefeated, I hope they win the MNC! Snyder has earned it. As much as I hate purple pride...