PDA

View Full Version : Pubs are so funny

SanJoaquinSooner
10/20/2012, 03:16 PM
I answer the telephone and the guy asks for my wife, by her name. It's a political call, and since my wife is a registered pub, that means it's a pub organization calling.

"No, she's not here. May I take a message?"

He asks, "May I ask you if the two of you have received your absentee ballots in the mail?"

I answer, "Yes, we have."

He asks, "Have you filled them out and mailed them already?"

Now at that point, I started thinking he has stepped over the line.... some stranger on the phone asking a question like that.

So, I say, "No, are you interested in buying them?"

He hangs up without saying good bye!

MamaMia
10/21/2012, 03:13 AM
A Democrat would have asked how much you were asking for them.

olevetonahill
10/21/2012, 07:09 AM
A Democrat would have asked how much you were asking for them.

:biggrin:

C&CDean
10/21/2012, 09:40 AM
Mamapwned. Heh.

badger
10/21/2012, 09:45 AM
He asks, "Have you filled them out and mailed them already?"

I love good comebacks during political calls. Here's my own.

Caller: Blah blah blah supports ideas for Oklahoman voters like us...
Me: May I ask you a question? You say Oklahoman voters like us... are you a registered voter in the state of Oklahoma?
Caller: No, ma'am, I am not.
Me: Goodbye!
<click>

Add your own snappy political call comeback to this thread so the rest of us can use them :D

C&CDean
10/21/2012, 09:52 AM
And it sounds like your wife got the brains in the family...

SanJoaquinSooner
10/21/2012, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE=MamaMia;3533026]A Democrat would have asked how much you were asking for them.[/QUOTE

Do doubt, MamaMia! We all know union dues aren't for widows and orphans!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/21/2012, 06:19 PM
And it sounds like your wife got the brains in the family...No shiite, when he could have entitled the thread "democrats are so vile", but instead showed his flawed decision making.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/21/2012, 09:36 PM
No shiite, when he could have entitled the thread "democrats are so vile", but instead showed his flawed decision making.

RLIMC, the pubs called, not the donks. If they call, I'll tell them I voted for Gary Johnson (which I really did) and I'm sorry Hillary didn't get the nomination in 08.