PDA

View Full Version : Big Tex is on fire!!

TheUnnamedSooner
10/19/2012, 10:54 AM
No joke. He is on fire right now.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Big-Tex-Catches-Fire-174950541.html

olevetonahill
10/19/2012, 10:56 AM
Gotta link?
Prolly some disgruntled Whorn fans
They burning their tickets why not Big Tex ?

TheUnnamedSooner
10/19/2012, 10:57 AM
I added the link... I can see the smoke from my office, I'm only a couple miles from the fair.

"Big Tex clothes caught fire at the State Fair of Texas Friday Morning.

Dallas fire crews are on the scene, his clothes are gone."

LOL

TheUnnamedSooner
10/19/2012, 10:59 AM
http://media.graytvinc.com/images/300*187/big+tex.jpg

I tried to embed this picture, but I failed.

olevetonahill
10/19/2012, 11:00 AM
I added the link... I can see the smoke from my office, I'm only a couple miles from the fair.

LOL

Well if his clothes are gone , Run see if hes really "BIG" or just like all whorns and full of **** .

salth2o
10/19/2012, 11:03 AM
Which one of you effing hillbillies is responsible for this?

I Am Right
10/19/2012, 11:05 AM
Wow, I knew the whorns were upset, but jeebus!

salth2o
10/19/2012, 11:07 AM
This just in....

It's been ruled a suicide due from depression after last weekends game.

Big Tex is toast...

KantoSooner
10/19/2012, 11:09 AM
Okay, fine, they lost the game, but they definitely won the meltdown. We are witnessing all time temper tantrum stuff here, folks. When people begin to burn down the only real symbols of their state just beause they lost to us, well, I'm pretty chuffed. What could be next? Will they burn down The Yellow Rose?
Can mass suicide be far behind?

Breadburner
How Ironic....!!!

Memtig14
Well, we stripped the whorens of their dignity........big tex was sure to follow.

Wishboned
10/19/2012, 11:13 AM
I'm hearing it was an electrical fire.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/19/2012, 11:14 AM
"burned to a crisp" is a headline... Sad, yet ironic after last weekend...

sooner n houston
10/19/2012, 11:17 AM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/46236_10102522386948214_1097204012_n.jpg

badger
10/19/2012, 11:17 AM
Wow, I knew the whorns were upset, but jeebus!

This. Big Tex couldn't survive another RRS blowout. This is on you, Mack! :mack:

Thank you Mack. Thank you! :D

olevetonahill
10/19/2012, 11:20 AM
I'm hearing it was an electrical fire.

I heard they found a Pile of burned up Saxet tickets at his feet.

Wishboned
10/19/2012, 11:20 AM
It's the fair. Everything gets fried eventually.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/19/2012, 11:21 AM
Mack may be able to survive losing to OU and having multiple 4 or 5 loss years, but being responsible for burning down Big Tex :wink: will likely get him fired by legislative decree and even Deloss can't protect him...

SoonerStormchaser
10/19/2012, 11:22 AM
http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/cvplive/cvpstream4&hpt=hp_t3#/video/cvplive/cvpstream4

badger
10/19/2012, 11:30 AM
qf9Lps0P-Do

"It's a great loss for us because of its icon stature," fair spokeswoman Sue Gooding said.

Gooding said she didn't know the cause of the fire but did note electrical controls move Big Tex's mouth and head. A Dallas fire spokesman didn't immediately respond to an email message seeking comment.

Gooding noted that no one was injured in the fire and added that she expects him to be back for next year's state fair.

"He'll be back, bigger and better than ever," she said.
Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=13&articleid=20121019_13_0_BigTex654395)

SoonerLaw09
10/19/2012, 11:33 AM

Enh, the emperor has had no clothes for quite some time now. :mack:

Seamus
10/19/2012, 11:34 AM
Probably years of ambient grease buildup.

"Electrical" my arse.

Burning, man. (http://media.nbcdfw.com/images/654*368/Big-tex-on-Fire-101912.jpg)

rock on sooner
Big Tex followed in the matchbox of the monks...self immolation...
out of complete and utter helplessness and despair.

SoonerStormchaser
http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/120144-Big-Tex-is-Burning?

I know it's not technically football, but football related - I'm thinking suicide. No details yet.

protesting mack brown?

Torched worse than the Texas Defense!

I posted in another thread since I couldn't start one. Can we blame this on Mack too?

I've seen hotter on campus.

Mack's hoping to avoid playing OU again next year.

He probably got sick of watching the Longhorns get raped in the Cotton Bowl and decided he couldn't live in a world that allowed such atrocities to occur at the hands of Oklahoma. I can't say I blame him!!!!

Did anyone hear him screaming out "Allah Akbar" before setting himself aflame?

Didn't realize Big Texas was without guts. Does he have any eligibility left? He'd fit in well on a Mack Brown team.

Poor bastard couldn't stand Mack's bull$#@! anymore.

MACK BROWN KILLED BIG TEX.

I almost did the same thing to myself last weekend.

I like it. Instead of wearing black this Saturday we should all just self-immolate at DKR.
Oh please oh please oh please!!!!

Just wait, Big Tex is going to hold a press conference on Monday and blame the fans.

Happy trails, old friend.

Your selfless act of protest at the continutation of the Mack Brown regime is an inspiration to us all. Your death will neither be forgotten nor in vain.

I swear they will deep fry anything at that $#@!ing place.

And the kicker...

sorry folks parks closed...moose out front should have told you

SoonerStormchaser
10/19/2012, 11:37 AM
It's already up on wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-immolation#Notable_political_self-immolations

On October 19, 2012, Big Tex, the 60 year old 52 foot tall icon of the annual State Fair of Texas, famously self-immolated in protest of the Texas Longhorns bed-****ting performance against the phallus-gobbling Oklahoma Sooners in the Cotton Bowl the week prior.

TheUnnamedSooner
10/19/2012, 11:41 AM
And the aftermath...

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Fire-leaves-Big-Tex-a-skeletal-frame-174951021.html?gallery=y&img=7&c=y&c=y&c=y#/news/local/Fire-leaves-Big-Tex-a-skeletal-frame-174951021.html?gallery=y&img=8&c=y&c=y&c=y&c=y

I Am Right
10/19/2012, 11:47 AM
This just in....

Best post of the year

tycat947
10/19/2012, 11:52 AM
This. Big Tex couldn't survive another RRS blowout. This is on you, Mack! :mack:

Thank you Mack. Thank you! :D

:pop:

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/19/2012, 11:53 AM
If he ever had a chub, Satan done took it to down below!

tycat947
10/19/2012, 11:56 AM
Didn't realize Big Texas was without guts. Does he have any eligibility left? He'd fit in well on a Mack Brown team.

Priceless!!!

NCSooner18
10/19/2012, 12:17 PM
wonder if they coated him in batter before he cooked

badger
10/19/2012, 12:20 PM
So Texas A&M just had a campus-wide bomb threat. Think someone is going after the state of Texas today? :texan:

prrriiide
10/19/2012, 12:34 PM
He died with his boots on.

StoopTroup
10/19/2012, 12:39 PM
It's true....My Dreams do come true.

ROTFLMFAO!

HToady
10/19/2012, 12:43 PM
"Howdy folks, This is Big Tex. Does it feel warm in here to you?"

cjames317
10/19/2012, 12:44 PM
Looks like I got my Halloween costume idea.

StoopTroup
10/19/2012, 12:44 PM
http://in-this-economy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/big-tex.jpg

StoopTroup
10/19/2012, 12:45 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/20121019-1019bigtexburns5.jpg.ece/BINARY/w620x413/1019bigtexburns5.jpg

StoopTroup
10/19/2012, 12:47 PM
He's waving goodbye....LMAO

http://digitaltexan.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/big-tex-fire-02.jpg

StoopTroup
10/19/2012, 12:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XchwE9zVdnw

MamaMia
10/19/2012, 01:14 PM
By all rights, they should name the new one Big Oklahoma.

StoopTroup
10/19/2012, 01:15 PM
Big Okie.....lol

Funny Mama....

Ruf/Nek7
10/19/2012, 01:17 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/46236_10102522386948214_1097204012_n.jpg

One of you infamous photoshoppers needs to take this pic and put :mack: as big tex's face

ouwasp
10/19/2012, 01:20 PM
Big Tex was his name
With goofy grin/mighty frame
Big Tex burned in shame

StoopTroup
10/19/2012, 01:24 PM
Burnt Tex Toast

http://www.futurity.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/bad_morning_525.jpg

ouduckhunter
10/19/2012, 01:30 PM
By all rights, they should name the new one Big Oklahoma.

HaHaH!! Good one!

MamaMia
10/19/2012, 01:32 PM
...and let him have a golden hat. :)

SoonerMarkVA
10/19/2012, 01:38 PM
He just now combusted from proximity to the scorching OU put on ut.

kevpks
10/19/2012, 01:47 PM
Since they're rebuilding, I have an idea for a model for the new statue:

http://imageshack.us/a/img11/519/336813g.jpg

StoopTroup
10/19/2012, 02:11 PM
^lol

MyT Oklahoma
10/19/2012, 02:25 PM
Say it ain't so Mack.. say it ain't so. LOL

What a week. We crush UT last weekend, Big Tex goes up in smoke today and tomorrow KU is going to die.

Is this a great country or what?

PLaw
10/19/2012, 02:33 PM
Which one of you effing hillbillies is responsible for this?

It's embers from the afterglow of a whorn beatdown. I'm hearing they will have a 13-0 bar-b-que tonight on 6th Street. More news to come on that.

BOOMER

TheHumanAlphabet
10/19/2012, 02:37 PM
The responses here are too damn funny!! The Shaggy Bevo comments are awesome! If I were drinking a soda, there would be much spewing and a need to buy a new keyboard...

stoopified
10/19/2012, 03:15 PM
I heard they found a Pile of burned up Saxet tickets at his feet.I was on my way to save Big Tex,I just polished off a Route 44 Coke and ready to pee.Sadly Tex could not hang on. :D

Harris County Sooner
10/19/2012, 03:23 PM
I heard he had the Whorns and 41 last Saturday.

MamaMia
10/19/2012, 03:24 PM
Its not a total waste. They're going to use the scrap metal to add 63 more seats inside the Cotton Bowl.

SoonerofAlabama
10/19/2012, 03:54 PM
They finally found something they couldn't deep fry at the State Fair. :)

StoopTroup
10/19/2012, 04:01 PM
The hits keep on coming...

Awesome SofA....

TheUnnamedSooner
10/19/2012, 04:18 PM
They finally found something they couldn't deep fry at the State Fair. :)

Looks to me they CAN deep fry anything. LOL

StoopTroup
10/19/2012, 04:28 PM
They are already preparing to rebuild him for next year....

http://1pointperspective.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/207891426_773fe934b5-gratuitousscience-dot-com.jpg

KantoSooner
10/19/2012, 04:36 PM
Isn't that Hicks, their MLB?

MamaMia
10/19/2012, 05:19 PM
Posted on the Shaggy Bevo...

The truth comes out!
WITNESSES: BIG TEX SELF-IMMOLATES TO PROTEST TEXAS HEAD COACH BROWN
Texas Icon Hopes His Demise Will Inspire "Texas Fall"

DALLAS (AP) (for immediate release) - New details emerged in the destruction of one of the most recognizable icons in modern Texas lore, with multiple witnesses reporting the brief but spectacular inferno that consumed Big Tex was not an accident as originally reported by Texas State Fair officials. According to witnesses, the 52-foot tall, denim-clad cowboy who greeted fair-goers for 60 years in a booming, laconic Texas drawl began sobbing uncontrollably soon after the fair opened this morning. As a crowd gathered to watch the spectacle, Big Tex suddenly pulled an 18-inch long, silver cigarette lighter burnished with a Texas Longhorns logo from the front pocket of his $#@!ies jeans, cried out, "This is your fault, Mack Brown!" and then self-immolated himself. Fair officials believe Tex's comments were a reference to University of Texas head football coach Mack Brown, whose Texas Longhorns, like Big Tex himself, melted down in spectacular fashion a short distance away less than a week ago in a 63-21 loss to the Oklahoma Sooners.

"It was turrible," said witness Josh Justin, who had taken his two sons out of school to take advantage of the smaller crowds and shorter lines typically seen on weekday mornings. "Big Tex was obviously a-hurtin', then he just lit himself afar," Justin said. "It was like the newsreel of that Hindy-burg disaster," he continued, "people was screamin' and cryin', but there was nuthin' no one could do. Poor Big Tex just stood there wavin' goodbye. His final words were, 'I can't watch Mack Brown lose another game to Bobby Stupid,'" an apparent reference to University of Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops.

Emma Kidder, a long-time fair patron who has made the 2-day drive from El Paso to Dallas annually for over five decades to take in the midway with her twin sister Ima Kidder of Fort Worth, was reduced to tears by what she saw. "Ima and I were just kids when Big Tex first came to the fair," Ms. Kidder told reporters at the scene. "For him to end this way was just, just..." she added, but was overcome by emotion and unable to continue. "Horrible," Ima Kidder said as Emma Kidder broke into sobs, but it was unclear if she was completing her sister's unfinished sentence or commenting on Mack Brown's coaching ability.

International affairs and security experts from around the nation are exploring the possibility that Big Tex was inspired by the ongoing "Arab Spring" movement in the Middle East. "The Arab Spring movement started with a street cart vendor's self-immolation in Algeria," noted Dr. Ivorie Towers, a senior researcher at the Chicago-based Levant Institute for Economic Security (LIES.) "That one act of self-sacrifice inspired an entire generation of Arabs across the Levant to rise up against oppressive regimes that for years had stymied progress and suppressed dissent in order to self-perpetuate their rule. It's entirely conceivable that Big Tex hoped to start a 'Texas Fall' movement in the same vein, to inspire millions of heartbroken, disenfranchised Texas fans to demand accountability of a broken system," Dr. Towers explained. According to Towers' research, Coach Brown and his cronies have harvested the cream of the Texas high school football crop for over a decade, only to squander it on recruting ranking trophies and Holiday Bowl rings, while at the same time spurning thousands of so-called "$100 donors" to curry favor among the financial elite known as the "Big Cigars." Dr.Towers theorizes that news reports of Big Tex's demise, coming on the heels of last week's blowout loss to OU (the fourth in Coach Brown's tenure), could fan the flames of fan discontent to the point that Brown's coaching career at UT would become untenable.

Reached for comment at his campus office in Austin, Coach Brown offered words of condolence to all fair attendees. "Big Tex may have lost his battle with this fire, but he was a winner at heart. I call upon all fans of the State Fair of Texas to look past this regrettable incident and focus on having fun. Because at the end of the day the fair isn't about whether Big Tex is there to greet people, or whether he's just a smoking pile of charred burlap and metal slag. It's about the spirit of the fair, and the fun, and the kids. Because it's all about the kids, and having fun," Brown said. "I know it's tough right now, but I strongly encourage all fairgoers to support the fair with even greater resolve and enthusiasm," Brown added. "If they go early, are loud, and stay late, they'll have too much fun to focus on this disaster." Asked about Dr. Towers' "Texas Fall" theory, Coach Brown simply laughed and stated, "We don't 'fall' at Texas, big boy. We 'RISE.'" When this reporter attempted to ask Brown if he felt any culpability for Big Tex's demise, the only response was the sound of clapping.

Texas Athletics Director DeLoss Dodds declined to comment directly, but University of Texas Sports Information Director Bill Little released the following statement on Dodds' behalf: "Despite today's tragedy at the Texas State Fair, I have full faith in the ability of Fair officials to correct the problems that led to Big Tex's demise and to restore him to his proper condition. It might take years, or even decades, but I have no doubt they are the right people for the job. In the meantime, everyone should consider buying more tickets and merchandise to support the rebuilding effort."

SoonerofAlabama
10/19/2012, 05:21 PM
And here I was, thinking we were on the hot streak. ;)

AzianSooner
10/19/2012, 05:26 PM
so much for the FengShui which casts a terrible black shadow onto Texas FootBall and Mack Brown.

Is there any phone call from Mack Office to Dallas this morning??????

Moore
10/19/2012, 06:27 PM
Fuk tex in the a

sendbaht
10/19/2012, 06:30 PM
Now they can build a new one and put him in a OU uniform.:))

MamaMia
10/19/2012, 06:40 PM
Now they can build a new one and put him in a OU uniform.:))As much money as we spend in that State every year, they should put something Oklahoma related on him. :)

Next year some vendor will be selling flaming Big Tex on a stick.

StoopTroup
10/19/2012, 06:48 PM
Next year some vendor will be selling flaming Big Tex on a stick.

If you'll back me financially I'll put a booth in and sell them. :D ;)

MamaMia
10/19/2012, 06:58 PM
If you'll back me financially I'll put a booth in and sell them. :D ;)You're on your own. I cant even back myself financially these days.

It should be something made out of beef though. :)

StoopTroup
10/19/2012, 07:06 PM
You're on your own. I cant even back myself financially these days.

It should be something made out of beef though. :)

I'm trying to think of the possible risks before dipping into my investment portfolio....lol

Flaming Big Tex at $8 each

Flaming Big Tex without the stick and stuck in a bun with chili at $10 each

Tea Sippers at $6 each

Burnt Orange Soda at $5 each

What else could we have? :D

I Am Right
10/19/2012, 07:10 PM
Oh No! Mr. Bill, Oh NO!

I Am Right
10/19/2012, 07:11 PM
They were BBQ'n Bevo and it got away from em.

I Am Right
10/19/2012, 07:23 PM
WITNESSES: BIG TEX SELF-IMMOLATES TO PROTEST TEXAS HEAD COACH BROWN
Texas Icon Hopes His Demise Will Inspire "Texas Fall"

DALLAS (AP) (for immediate release) - New details emerged in the destruction of one of the most recognizable icons in modern Texas lore, with multiple witnesses reporting the brief but spectacular inferno that consumed Big Tex was not an accident as originally reported by Texas State Fair officials. According to witnesses, the 52-foot tall, denim-clad cowboy who greeted fair-goers for 60 years in a booming, laconic Texas drawl began sobbing uncontrollably soon after the fair opened this morning. As a crowd gathered to watch the spectacle, Big Tex suddenly pulled an 18-inch long, silver cigarette lighter burnished with a Texas Longhorns logo from the front pocket of his Dickies jeans, cried out, "This is your fault, Mack Brown!" and then self-immolated himself. Fair officials believe Tex's comments were a reference to University of Texas head football coach Mack Brown, whose Texas Longhorns, like Big Tex himself, melted down in spectacular fashion a short distance away less than a week ago in a 63-21 loss to the Oklahoma Sooners.

"It was turrible," said witness Josh Justin, who had taken his two sons out of school to take advantage of the smaller crowds and shorter lines typically seen on weekday mornings. "Big Tex was obviously a-hurtin', then he just lit himself afar," Justin said. "It was like the newsreel of that Hindy-burg disaster," he continued, "people was screamin' and cryin', but there was nuthin' no one could do. Poor Big Tex just stood there wavin' goodbye. His final words were, 'I can't watch Mack Brown lose another game to Bobby Stupid,'" an apparent reference to University of Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops.

Emma Kidder, a long-time fair patron who has made the 2-day drive from El Paso to Dallas annually for over five decades to take in the midway with her twin sister Ima Kidder of Fort Worth, was reduced to tears by what she saw. "Ima and I were just kids when Big Tex first came to the fair," Ms. Kidder told reporters at the scene. "For him to end this way was just, just..." she added, but was overcome by emotion and unable to continue. "Horrible," Ima Kidder said as Emma Kidder broke into sobs, but it was unclear if she was completing her sister's unfinished sentence or commenting on Mack Brown's coaching ability.

International affairs and security experts from around the nation are exploring the possibility that Big Tex was inspired by the ongoing "Arab Spring" movement in the Middle East. "The Arab Spring movement started with a street cart vendor's self-immolation in Algeria," noted Dr. Ivorie Towers, a senior researcher at the Chicago-based Levant Institute for Economic Security (LIES.) "That one act of self-sacrifice inspired an entire generation of Arabs across the Levant to rise up against oppressive regimes that for years had stymied progress and suppressed dissent in order to self-perpetuate their rule. It's entirely conceivable that Big Tex hoped to start a 'Texas Fall' movement in the same vein, to inspire millions of heartbroken, disenfranchised Texas fans to demand accountability of a broken system," Dr. Towers explained. According to Towers' research, Coach Brown and his cronies have harvested the cream of the Texas high school football crop for over a decade, only to squander it on recruting ranking trophies and Holiday Bowl rings, while at the same time spurning thousands of so-called "$100 donors" to curry favor among the financial elite known as the "Big Cigars." Dr.Towers theorizes that news reports of Big Tex's demise, coming on the heels of last week's blowout loss to OU (the fourth in Coach Brown's tenure), could fan the flames of fan discontent to the point that Brown's coaching career at UT would become untenable.

Reached for comment at his campus office in Austin, Coach Brown offered words of condolence to all fair attendees. "Big Tex may have lost his battle with this fire, but he was a winner at heart. I call upon all fans of the State Fair of Texas to look past this regrettable incident and focus on having fun. Because at the end of the day the fair isn't about whether Big Tex is there to greet people, or whether he's just a smoking pile of charred burlap and metal slag. It's about the spirit of the fair, and the fun, and the kids. Because it's all about the kids, and having fun," Brown said. "I know it's tough right now, but I strongly encourage all fairgoers to support the fair with even greater resolve and enthusiasm," Brown added. "If they go early, are loud, and stay late, they'll have too much fun to focus on this disaster." Asked about Dr. Towers' "Texas Fall" theory, Coach Brown simply laughed and stated, "We don't 'fall' at Texas, big boy. We 'RISE.'" When this reporter attempted to ask Brown if he felt any culpability for Big Tex's demise, the only response was the sound of clapping.

Texas Athletics Director DeLoss Dodds declined to comment directly, but University of Texas Sports Information Director Bill Little released the following statement on Dodds' behalf: "Despite today's tragedy at the Texas State Fair, I have full faith in the ability of Fair officials to correct the problems that led to Big Tex's demise and to restore him to his proper condition. It might take years, or even decades, but I have no doubt they are the right people for the job. In the meantime, everyone should consider buying more tickets and merchandise to support the rebuilding effort."

StoopTroup
10/19/2012, 07:39 PM
They were BBQ'n Bevo and it got away from em.

One of the ESPN guys made a comment that an Oklahoma Sooner was seen (jokingly) fleeing the scene right after Big Tex went up in flames. The other guy immediately said..."Come on now...you know that's not true"....laughing

Still don't think someone didn't immediately think one of us finally found the perfect moment to take Big Tex OUt.

VA Sooner
10/19/2012, 08:40 PM
It's the fair. Everything gets fried eventually.

True. Everything...

A Sooner in Texas
10/19/2012, 08:51 PM
OU destroys Texas 63-21 in the RRS....check.
OU sends rain of fire upon Dallas that sends Big Tex up in flames...check.

So what's next on the list of plagues we're visiting upon Texas?

oudivesherpa
10/19/2012, 09:30 PM
What do Mack Brown and Big Tex have in common? The both get torched in the Cotton Bowl.

SoonerPride
10/19/2012, 09:47 PM
You smell something funny?

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i84/SoonerPride1/BigTexFireAtStateFairOfTexasInDallasken_zps1a6d852 1.jpg

MountainOkie
10/19/2012, 10:00 PM
I always thought he was a secret OU fan so I'm sad. :(

StoopTroup
10/19/2012, 10:13 PM
You smell something funny?

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i84/SoonerPride1/BigTexFireAtStateFairOfTexasInDallasken_zps1a6d852 1.jpg

Gin is flammable

goingoneight
10/19/2012, 10:28 PM
Trey Millard strikes again!

Soonerus
10/20/2012, 12:27 AM
Let me speak for Big Tex...

10/20/2012, 06:49 AM
Big Tex gave me a kidney once. God bless 'em.

birddog
10/20/2012, 08:09 AM

LOL

is he bigger than me?