PDA

View Full Version : DCA Sodium Dichloroacetate - The Cancer Cure - Anyone heard about this??

landrun
10/18/2012, 08:03 PM
DCA Sodium Dichloroacetate (DCA) - The Cancer Cure

And existing cheap drug that has been called a miracle drug killing almost all types of cancer cells.
Problem is, no drug companies are interested in it because it can't be patented = no money. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nTg53izwpE

MamaMia
10/18/2012, 08:09 PM
Think of all the people who would lose money if they found a cure?

MamaMia
10/18/2012, 08:31 PM
....or I should say...if they let cancer patients be cured by some cheap drug. There are too many drug companies making a bucket load of money off the backs of suffering cancer patients. As much money as the government wastes, you would think they could pony up 100 mil. to help this scientist get this drug on the shelves but politicians are in bed with all the drug companies. Lots of campaign dollars are derived from them, so that will never happen. They'll let little children die of cancer before rocking the money train in cancer treatment.

SoonerAtKU
10/22/2012, 02:01 PM
Abstract

Recent findings in the fields of oncogenic regulation of metabolism, mitochondrial function and macromolecular synthesis have brought tumor metabolism and the Warburg effect back into the scientific limelight. A number of metabolic pathways that seem to be important for tumor growth are being touted as novel targets for anticancer drug development. One of the candidates in this class of drugs being investigated is dichloroacetate (DCA), a molecule used for over 25 years in the treatment of children with inborn errors in mitochondrial function. This pyruvate mimetic compound stimulates mitochondrial function by inhibiting the family of regulatory pyruvate dehydrogenase kinases (PDK1–4). The stimulation of mitochondrial function, at the expense of glycolysis, reverses the Warburg effect and is thought to block the growth advantage of highly glycolytic tumors. Interestingly, some of the recent in vitro findings have shown very modest “antitumor cell activity” of DCA when cells are treated in a dish. However, several studies have reported “antitumor activity” in model tumors. This apparent paradox raises the question, how do we evaluate cancer drugs designed to target tumor metabolism? Traditional approaches in cancer drug development have used in vitro assays as a first pass to evaluate potential lead compounds. The fact that DCA has better in vivo activity than in vitro activity suggests that there are unique aspects of solid tumor growth and metabolism that are difficult to recapitulate in vitro and may be important in determining the effectiveness of this class of drugs.

# I. Papandreou, T. Goliasova, N.C. Denko
#Anticancer drugs that target metabolism: is dichloroacetate the new paradigm?
#Int. J. Cancer, 128 (2011), pp. 1001–1008

soonerinabilene
10/22/2012, 02:10 PM
This is how zombie movies begin... A cure-all cancer pill.

sooner_born_1960
10/22/2012, 02:11 PM
SooneratKU, does all the gobbleydegook mean yer for it or against it?

SoonerAtKU
10/22/2012, 02:19 PM
Oh, it just means it's being discussed in the International Journal of Cancer as of last December with references in work this year that my company produces. I have access to a lot of reference and abstract material here, so I just thought I'd check out what's being said.

I think if it's proven to be a significantly effective treatment, you won't be able to stop people from getting it and doctors from prescribing it. Pharma companies may not be excited to research or market for it, but that's never been where 100% of the medical community takes their cues. Plus, you may not be able to patent things like acetaminophen or ibuprofen, but every company has their version on store shelves to get their piece of that pie, so if it becomes a treatment, you'll then have multiple options of variants to choose from, and price competition can actually work. That could end up being the best thing cancer patients could hope for.

yermom
10/22/2012, 02:20 PM
SooneratKU, tl;dr

:D

sooner_born_1960
10/22/2012, 02:23 PM
:D

Not really too long... It just contained a lot of technical jargon, and big words I am not familiar with.

FirstandGoal
10/22/2012, 02:56 PM
DCA Sodium Dichloroacetate (DCA) - The Cancer Cure

And existing cheap drug that has been called a miracle drug killing almost all types of cancer cells.
Problem is, no drug companies are interested in it because it can't be patented = no money. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nTg53izwpE

Not necessarily. Some of it may depend on what the current indications are for the drug. All a drug company really has to do is take the product, test it at a different strength or dosage form, rename it, get the FDA to approve it for the indication they're testing it for and charge out the *** for it. Then, voila!, new cancer drug on the market.

MamaMia
10/23/2012, 01:15 PM
You can buy it on Amazon. I swear. They say you are suppose to take it in water twice a day with a 750 mg of Vitamin B1. :D

You take it according to your weight by the gram.