PDA

View Full Version : Justin Manning announcment this week???

landrun
10/18/2012, 04:27 PM
I thought I read on this forum right after the Texas game that Manning attended and he would be making an announcement on Friday.

Anyone have any news regarding this??

8timechamps
10/18/2012, 04:28 PM
He delayed his decision. Going to take an official to USC.

OU_Sooners75
10/18/2012, 05:07 PM
Here are my thoughts on Manning....

Primadonna!

OU_Sooners75
10/18/2012, 05:10 PM
That said, a person not trying to be a primmadonna or drama queen wouldn't have done what he has done.

OU may have waited to offer. But ever since then, he has acted very immaturely. Especially as a kid that has grown up as a Sooner Fan and that is legacy.

Look I understand the recruiting process. I went through it when I was his age. It was a lot less publicized, but at the same time, a lot more crooked than now too.

That said, he just seems to be trying to stretch this decision to get the spot light. He talks highly of OU, always has. He has said had OU offered first, he would have committed a long time ago.

I do hope OU gets him. But I would not lose any sleep if he chose some other team. Bring on Toby Johnson and the others if Manning wants to play the bull****!

Either way, he is legacy, so I hope he continues that. But oh damn well if he doesn't.

8timechamps
10/18/2012, 05:24 PM
Here are my thoughts on Manning....

Primadonna!

I couldn't agree with you any more. However, I still wouldn't mind landing him.

I have just been really turned off by his attitude. First, the whole "OU didn't show me the love early enough" thing, now the delay. Maybe his reason for the delay is legitimate, and even if it's just to get a trip to southern California, fine. But, if it's just to soak up a little more attention, then that's bad.

I was really high on him early, and really wanted him. After all of this, I'm kind of indifferent now. Sure, we could use a good DT, but not at the expense of having a primadonna in the locker room.

prrriiide
10/18/2012, 06:17 PM
Considering what Stoops just went thru to excise the locker room cancers from the team, I am ambivalent at best about a high school kid that wants to pout because the coaches wouldn't let him spooge in their mouths. I don't care if he has the talent of AD, if he has "issues" let another team/school/coach sort them out. He can either climb on board the schooner, or get run over by it. His choice.

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2012, 06:21 PM
Gotta trust the coaches here. If the offer is still there, they believe the kid won't be a problem.

VA Sooner
10/18/2012, 07:41 PM
True... our coaches have been keeping in mind that some players can't stay out of trouble and are better left behind... I wonder how Jarboe slipped through?

LostCreekSooner
10/18/2012, 08:28 PM
Two words... Toby Johnson!

fadada1
10/18/2012, 08:34 PM
i trust that stoops would put a serious stop to any diva-esque behavior once anyone has walked on campus. simply doesn't seem to happen anymore at OU.

Soonerfan88
10/18/2012, 09:04 PM
Truth is, we're outside and don't really know what's going on. He could be a primadonna seeking the attention or he could be a strong silent verbal but wants to take a few trips around the country. Every board has had multiple threads listing where we would take official visits if we could. For now, I'll just trust the coaches know the back story and it works out in OU's favor either way.

SoonerinSouthlake
10/18/2012, 09:04 PM
.... wouldn't let him spooge in their mouths. I don't care if he has the talent of AD,.....ce.

ewe

I think AD would have sucked at defensive tackle

Seamus
10/18/2012, 09:09 PM
I wonder how Jarboe slipped through?

Yeah, anything less than a 1.000 average on recruits panning out is unacceptable!!!1!!1!!11!!!!eleven!!1!!!

Fire Stoops NOW!!!!11!

MyT Oklahoma
10/18/2012, 10:01 PM
Gotta trust the coaches here. If the offer is still there, they believe the kid won't be a problem.

Ditto.

P.S. Hey Mizzou.. how's that Number One high school recruit of a year ago working out for 'ya?

Widescreen
10/18/2012, 10:29 PM
He could be a primadonna seeking the attention or he could be a strong silent verbal but wants to take a few trips around the country.

I doubt this is the case. Stoops made a very clear statement a few weeks ago that as far as he's concerned, if a guy still wants to take visits, he's not a commitment and a scholarship won't be held for him if they run out.

redkid
10/19/2012, 02:01 AM
isn't that what happened to that TE''left the team,,then oops I messed up can I come back,,Stoops,,, sorry your scholly is gone see ya

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2012, 02:19 AM
Well Stoops didn't do to Torrea Peterson what he did Heyward.

KantoSooner
10/19/2012, 08:33 AM
Didn't Barry say that recruiting was why he ultimately soured on coaching?

And he was, if anything, stronger in recruiting than almost any other area of the coaching skill set. It was a game he won at; and he still hated it.

BBQ Man
10/19/2012, 08:59 AM
I didn't know about his attitude. All I've read about is what a beast he is. Hope the coaches and upperclassmen can get his head right.

cherokeebrewer
10/19/2012, 11:52 AM
Hope the coaches and upperclassmen can get his head right.

Who says his head's not right besides message board posters?

BoulderSooner79
10/19/2012, 12:21 PM
Who says his head's not right besides message board posters?

Who else needs to say it? If it's here, it's FACT.

JiuJitsuSooner
10/19/2012, 12:36 PM
Maybe the kid just wants to take a few fun as hell recruiting trips.. I damn sure would, like USC & ASU.. Then maybe Oregon and hang out with their cheerleaders!! Then I'd come back and choose OU

agoo758
10/19/2012, 12:44 PM
I met a guy who played TE on my schools football team (Northwestern State), and we actually got into a discussion about how he played on the same high school team as Chris Brown and Nic Harris.

While he loved Chris, and in fact attended church with him regularly, he couldn't stand Nic, nor could anyone apparantly. He talked about how he wouldn't shut up about how great he was and how he was going to OU and blah blah blah.......

Nic didn't seem to cause us a lot of problems in that department fortuantely (as far as I can remember), and I am sure the college experience and coaching humbled him a bit. Hopefully we can do the same thing with Manning if he decides to join us.

Seamus
10/19/2012, 12:47 PM
Maybe the kid just wants to take a few fun as hell recruiting trips.. I damn sure would, like USC & ASU.. Then maybe Oregon and hang out with their cheerleaders!! Then I'd come back and choose OU

I've been on the ASU campus. Per capita, the hottest women ever. I couldn't believe my eyes. Like a bad Skinemax movie.

KantoSooner
10/19/2012, 02:33 PM
Wait! There were BAD skinemax movies?

OU_Sooners75
10/19/2012, 03:53 PM
As he should enjoy it.

But the kid was all up in arms because he felt OU should have offered him first. And had they, he would have committed then.

The problem early on with Manning was grades. OU was hesitant because of his grades. And when he got them under control, they offered him.

He has said in videos on pay sites that he was upset about OU waiting to offer. Then he goes on immediately to say that its a wide open race and he will make all his visits.

My point on this kid, he has acted like he was entitled to the offer in the first place.

Seamus
10/19/2012, 04:28 PM
Wait! There were BAD skinemax movies?

LOL, yeah -- I stand corrected.

PLaw
10/19/2012, 08:52 PM
I couldn't agree with you any more. However, I still wouldn't mind landing him.

I have just been really turned off by his attitude. First, the whole "OU didn't show me the love early enough" thing, now the delay. Maybe his reason for the delay is legitimate, and even if it's just to get a trip to southern California, fine. But, if it's just to soak up a little more attention, then that's bad.

I was really high on him early, and really wanted him. After all of this, I'm kind of indifferent now. Sure, we could use a good DT, but not at the expense of having a primadonna in the locker room.

Yep, his schtick is getting a little tired.

Would like to have him, but we will win without him.

BOOMER