PDA

View Full Version : Second Half of the Season/Bowl Predictions By Athlon....

Sabanball
10/18/2012, 04:09 PM
And you guys will play.......

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sports/article_external/college_football_039s_second_half_predictions_for_ 2012/11994271

OU_Sooners75
10/18/2012, 05:18 PM
I have a sneaky filling that KSU loses this weekend. And if they do, they might end the season with 2 or 3 total losses before bowls.

That said, OU is sitting very pretty.

Win out, and they stand a very good chance to be right in the thick of the National Championship picture. Oregon loses just once, their pathetic schedule virtually eliminates them. USC will like lose another game. And I dont see LSU being a 1 loss team at the end of the regular season. Not to mention Florida going unscathed. I dont see South Carolina going with just one loss as well.

Anyway, enough looking ahead and jinxing the possibilities. If OU comes to play every week, they will be a force for any and all teams the rest of the way!

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2012, 05:22 PM
Oregon pathetic schedule? Stanford, USC (twice?), ASU, OSU won't look pathetic to the BCS formula. But I agree OU looks good if they win out, but that won't be easy.

8timechamps
10/18/2012, 05:27 PM
If we can't end up in the title game, I really wouldn't mind somewhere other than the Fiesta. I'd also look forward to a potential SEC match-up, although I don't think Florida is going to be there in the end.

StoopTroup
10/18/2012, 05:32 PM
I've got Oregon losing to suc and ND and losing again in the Pac CG Game to ASU or suc.

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2012, 05:33 PM
Oregon losing to ND?

8timechamps
10/18/2012, 05:37 PM
Oregon losing to ND?

Yes, staNforD. Duh!

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2012, 05:49 PM
I have noticed the 'Bama/UT title matchup predictions have died down over the last couple of weeks.

kevpks
10/18/2012, 05:51 PM
Oregon seems like the only real obstacle to me right now. Beating an overhyped Notre Dame and a tough WV team would go a long way in the rankings. Plus, I think the nation would get pretty fed up if we had another SEC rematch, especially since the last one was such a dud. I never want to hear about their stupid streak again if that happens.

kevpks
10/18/2012, 05:51 PM
I have noticed the 'Bama/UT title matchup predictions have died down over the last couple of weeks.

I can't imagine why. Texas lost early :chuncky:

agoo758
10/18/2012, 06:22 PM
And you guys will play.......

http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sports/article_external/college_football_039s_second_half_predictions_for_ 2012/11994271

Not that I have a problem with you, but why do you spend so much time on a Sooner board?

VA Sooner
10/18/2012, 07:25 PM
I'm not buying the entire Athlon thing... I think K-State, although a good team, gets two losses by the end of the season.

rock on sooner
10/18/2012, 07:26 PM
Not that I have a problem with you, but why do you spend so much time on a Sooner board?

He enjoys improving his mind!

OU_Sooners75
10/18/2012, 09:16 PM
Oregon pathetic schedule? Stanford, USC (twice?), ASU, OSU won't look pathetic to the BCS formula. But I agree OU looks good if they win out, but that won't be easy.

Take a gander at their non-conference. Which will hurt them if tied with another team ot two for the last spot in the BCS title game.

Arkansas State (4-3: W: South Alabama, Florida Intl, Alcorn State, Memphis; L: Oregon, Nebraska, Western Kentucky)
Fresno State (4-3: W: Weber St, Colorado, San Diego St, Colorado St; L: Oregon, Boise State, Tulsa)
Tennessee Tech (2-4: W: Hampton, North Greenville; L: Oregon, SE Missouri St, Murray St, Jacksonville St)

Let me tell you...that is one heck of a powerful schedule. LMFAO

OU_Sooners75
10/18/2012, 09:23 PM
I've got Oregon losing to suc and ND and losing again in the Pac CG Game to ASU or suc.

goingoneight
10/18/2012, 09:31 PM
I'll worry about the BCS when we're 11-1. Hope our team has the same mentality.

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2012, 10:56 PM
Take a gander at their non-conference. Which will hurt them if tied with another team ot two for the last spot in the BCS title game.

Arkansas State (4-3: W: South Alabama, Florida Intl, Alcorn State, Memphis; L: Oregon, Nebraska, Western Kentucky)
Fresno State (4-3: W: Weber St, Colorado, San Diego St, Colorado St; L: Oregon, Boise State, Tulsa)
Tennessee Tech (2-4: W: Hampton, North Greenville; L: Oregon, SE Missouri St, Murray St, Jacksonville St)

Let me tell you...that is one heck of a powerful schedule. LMFAO

They have plenty of conference SOS from a BCS perspective. If they win out, which I doubt, they're most likely in. The only way I could see an undefeated UO left out is if we do it to them by letting ND go undefeated (cringe).

stoopified
10/19/2012, 03:29 PM
I'll worry about the BCS when we're 11-1. Hope our team has the same mentality.there ya go.