PDA

View Full Version : Just Another Day In The Land of Obama

LiveLaughLove
10/18/2012, 02:37 PM
Welfare soars 32% in 4 years. (I'm shocked, shocked I say!)

Jobless claims rise by 46,000. (that one hurts)

Another crazy misunderstood muslim tries to kill us. (and no one cares)

Another green jobs company in bed with dear leader goes under. (I'm shocked, shocked I say!.....again)

US Government spends $11 for every $7 it takes in. (I'm sho....eh, never mind)

Another liberal magazine, Newsweek, fails and will stop printing. (They never learn who has the money and who doesn't)

Celebrities tweet hate and vulgar epithets toward Romney, Ryan, Republicans, and anyone in middle America. (Did I mention I was shocked?)

Romney is talking about Obama's lack of knowledge on Benghazi. Obama is talking about Romney's binder. (One of these is serious. The other is seriously stupid.)

And last but not least for today, Romney 52% Obama 45% in Gallup! (getting close to that 53-47 I predict)

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/18/2012, 05:06 PM
Welfare soars 32% in 4 years. (I'm shocked, shocked I say!)

Where is this number coming from?

badger
10/18/2012, 08:54 PM
before you ask this question in any future political threads, visit drudgereport.com and see what their current headlines are :D

olevetonahill
10/18/2012, 08:59 PM

Part of it could be from 1/6thof the country being on Food Stamps

Skysooner
10/18/2012, 09:13 PM
Is it me or are the ultra right wings posting a bunch more these last few days?

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/18/2012, 09:38 PM
Part of it could be from 1/6thof the country being on Food Stamps
I must say that is a frighteningly high number, I was under the impression SNAP program was growing at the same rate as TANF, boy was I wrong.

Just a couple SNAP program factoids that jumped out at me:

49% of all participant households have children (17 or younger), and 55% of those are single-parent households.
The average gross monthly income per food stamp household is $731; The average net income is $336

that info is from USDA

MamaMia
10/18/2012, 11:18 PM
I read that there are military families on food stamps. Maybe we're not paying our military enough money, or could it be that some military families may only have the one income and a lot of mouths to feed?

soonercruiser
10/18/2012, 11:25 PM
Yes, Mama....the later.

I can remember as a "Butter Bar" in the AF in 1970, with just 2 kids and a wife, we were really stretching the dollar.
So, an enlisted guy with the same would probably have to be on food stamps.