PDA

View Full Version : Just got a magazine in the mail. Cover; "YOU BUILT IT"

BigTip
10/18/2012, 02:28 PM
I just got my National Federation of Independent Business magazine. The cover, in extremely bold print says, "YOU BUILT IT!"

I will give odds that Romney will use it in the next debate. Even though the topic of the debate is suppose to be foreign policy, I bet he'll work it in. To me nothing points out the difference between where these two candidates want to take the country than that one statement and all it implies. Yes, I know it is taken slightly out of context, but not a lot. Obama feels that government is the solution to all problems. That is the bottom line.

It would be perfect if Romney used it in his closing statement so that it couldn't be rebutted, just like Obama threw out 47%.

cleller
10/18/2012, 03:27 PM
Sorry, I've heard that lie. If you think you built something just because you risked your time and treasure, you must be some kind of terrible person. I supposed it was really the 53% that built it.
So give me some of it.

BigTip
10/18/2012, 03:32 PM
Sorry, I've heard that lie. If you think you built something just because you risked your time and treasure, you must be some kind of terrible person. I supposed it was really the 53% that built it.
So give me some of it.

With all due respect, I ask...

HUH?

Sevaer
10/18/2012, 03:32 PM
You're the delusional one! Government sure didn't build it. Where do you think the government gets its money?

cleller
10/18/2012, 04:24 PM
With all due respect, I ask...

HUH?

I was just being snotty. Poor sarcasm from another member of the tax tired 53%.

OU_Sooners75
10/18/2012, 05:04 PM
You're the delusional one! Government sure didn't build it. Where do you think the government gets its money?

WOW, major fail on your part!

Stay red!

StoopTroup
10/18/2012, 05:21 PM
What are the things you guys built?

OU_Sooners75
10/18/2012, 05:24 PM
What are the things you guys built?

I have built my own deer stand.
I have built my own chicken coops
I have built my own barn and storage sheds.
I have built my own computer
I have helped my family develop the land that my mom currently lives on from nothing. (no utility work on the property, just ran by it).

My not have been any businesses, but the government didnt pay for any of it, or build any of it.

lol

BigTip
10/18/2012, 07:27 PM
I was just being snotty. Poor sarcasm from another member of the tax tired 53%.

Ah! Now it makes sense.
I'm sort of like you now though. I am too tired and pissed off to use sarcasm to make my points anymore.

BigTip
10/18/2012, 07:30 PM

I am assuming you were speaking against the sarcastic post. Your statement here supports knowing that people do indeed build their businesses.

BigTip
10/18/2012, 07:30 PM
I was not trying to reignite the "You didn't build that" discussion. I was just discussing whether or not Romney would pull it out in the last debate.

cleller
10/18/2012, 09:12 PM
I have built my own deer stand.
I have built my own chicken coops
I have built my own barn and storage sheds.
I have built my own computer
I have helped my family develop the land that my mom currently lives on from nothing. (no utility work on the property, just ran by it).

My not have been any businesses, but the government didnt pay for any of it, or build any of it.

lol

A few years back I was able to convince an old childhood friend to build me a house on our farm. I knew the guy, and knew he was as good as you'd find anywhere. For a year I helped him build this house. Of course we contracted out a a few things, but working like that makes me understand why some might get very ruffled at the "you didn't build" issue.

I highly recommend the experience, not only for the satisfaction, but more to realize how hard many folks still work every day without complaining about it.

soonercruiser
10/18/2012, 11:15 PM
THIS^^^^^

Here's hoping that all of us have the experience of building something great, from essentially nothing.