PDA

View Full Version : Now they are destroying their tickets at Shaggy Bevo

cleller
10/18/2012, 10:47 AM
This is a new level of despair:

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/119870-This-is-the-thread-where-we-destroy-our-tickets

SoonerPride
10/18/2012, 12:26 PM
Boy, their tickets are as ugly as their team.

I'd expect better on both fronts if were a fan.

winout
10/18/2012, 01:48 PM
It was during the Bleak years that I moved from the endzone to the West side. Buy low, sell high.

Texas football is not going anywhere, folks. <new contract for Mack> Keep your tickets, <new contract for Mack> go to the game, <new contract for Mack> buy merchandise <new contract for Mack> . Now is not the time to sell!

yukonsooner
10/18/2012, 02:05 PM
We were in the same position during the Blake years. They were begging peopleto buy tickets. We had 2 & the 2 next to us became available. Had 2 kids @ home then so we all got to endure the "dark days". Kids are grown, not really football fans so we usually have 2 extra tickets. They never go unused there are always other family & friends that are ready to support the team no matter what.

badger
10/18/2012, 02:19 PM
It was during the Bleak years that I moved from the endzone to the West side. Buy low, sell high.

Texas football is not going anywhere, folks. <new contract for Mack> Keep your tickets, <new contract for Mack> go to the game, <new contract for Mack> buy merchandise <new contract for Mack> . Now is not the time to sell!

Texas Football: Come early! <63-14> Stay late! <65-13> Be loud! <55-17> And wear orange!<63-21>
Hook em

JiuJitsuSooner
10/18/2012, 02:23 PM
Makes me sick that this horn fan is so spoiled that they tear up their tickets.. I mean if ya don't want them, then maybe donate them or give them to a family or charity like "Big brothers/Big sisters", I'm sure thousands of kids would just love to go to a game regardless of how the team is playing, or for ex. a single mom or dad that couldn't afford tkts would jump at the chance to take their kid to a game... "F@&#" that guy!!

StoopTroup
10/18/2012, 02:24 PM
We were in the same position during the Blake years. They were begging peopleto buy tickets. We had 2 & the 2 next to us became available. Had 2 kids @ home then so we all got to endure the "dark days". Kids are grown, not really football fans so we usually have 2 extra tickets. They never go unused there are always other family & friends that are ready to support the team no matter what.

Agreed. One of my Brothers was at OU in the late 80's and the other graduated in 1995. We had been going to a lot of OU games during that time and when Gibbs, left Season Tickets were available and 12 of us bought seats together. You could nearly pick and choose where you wanted to sit accept for Donor Seating.

We have enjoyed our seats during the last 16 years and if I had it to do over...I would have bought more. You just can't predict the future....and if you can....I'd like whoever has that info to PM me. I have some money I want to lay down before the next events Vegas has listed. :D

badger
10/18/2012, 02:31 PM
Plus, if they give it to a needy family, there's no worry that the needy family will be buying overpriced concessions or bevo gear... hell, why to non-needy families buy overpriced crap?

StoopTroup
10/18/2012, 02:35 PM
Whorns = Fur Trappers

NSFW especially if you are a fur trapper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhHCcUnm4SI

BlownGP
10/18/2012, 08:40 PM
What a bunch of snobs. You cant win every game.
Did they think having there own network would win them a championship

StoopTroup
10/18/2012, 08:50 PM
Evidently so plus they pride themselves as snobs and texans (Texans = people that if America didnt have...America would have been taken over and be ruled by Communists ).

MyT Oklahoma
10/18/2012, 10:03 PM
This is pathetic. Give any unwanted tickets to a military family and let them enjoy a day out together. Yeah even at a UT game no less.

10/19/2012, 03:40 AM
That board may as well be Portuguese.

HAMTTX
10/19/2012, 05:07 AM
Shaggy is one of the top sites on the inter-web. The freedom that is allowed is refreshing. The sub forums are enjoyable and besides football, one can spend a lot of time going through the music, movie etc threads and spend some quality time. The origin of the site I believe was in a certain mod over at HF telling them that if you do not like it start up your own site which this individual apparently did. I happen to like it and I think it is run extremely well. And from the amount of information that I see posted there only to see it quoted or lets face it flat out ripped off and used on other sites suggests that I am not the only one who feels that the content is solid.

cleller
10/19/2012, 08:25 AM
Shaggy is one of the top sites on the inter-web. The freedom that is allowed is refreshing. The sub forums are enjoyable and besides football, one can spend a lot of time going through the music, movie etc threads and spend some quality time. The origin of the site I believe was in a certain mod over at HF telling them that if you do not like it start up your own site which this individual apparently did. I happen to like it and I think it is run extremely well. And from the amount of information that I see posted there only to see it quoted or lets face it flat out ripped off and used on other sites suggests that I am not the only one who feels that the content is solid.

He's got a point. If you can ignore the fact they are whorns, a lot of the posters at Sharggy (and Horn Fans) are pretty quick witted, and know football. They obviously see that we have their number-and the better coach- right now.

70sooner
10/19/2012, 09:32 AM
true that. the guy who started the MS paint stuff a few years backs was pretty inventive. but with that said, there is a lot of sophmoric crap, too.

MamaMia
10/21/2012, 02:29 AM
They announced that there was a Sold Out crowd. That doesn't mean they all showed up, and I doubt they did. The stadium looked pretty full to me.