PDA

View Full Version : I'm disappointed in Mack Brown.. seriously..

Soonermagik
10/17/2012, 07:56 PM
I've had time to think about the game over the past few days and I'm glad we won... but not like that. Mack Brown is starting to destroy the rivalry. I mean, how can you have a rivalry when 60% + of the whorns fans are pouring out the exits before the half on a continual basis? Mack's inability to field even a good team with top recruits is mind blowing. Oh sure... he rode the coattails of Vince Young and Colt McCoy, but when he doesn't have elite QB's his true coaching ability shines through. I think we can all admit as football fans we like to see competitive games and we just aren't seeing that anymore from the Red River Rivalry.

I hate the whorns with every fiber in my body.. the Texass arrogance, their 10 gallon hats and how they have turned their team into some greedy corporation whose chief concern is solely dollar and cents. It's really sickening to watch. I guess what I'm trying to say is, the rivalry deserves better than this. I certainly don't want them to go grab a Saban type coach and start dominating, but at least get a coach that can be relatively competitive. Mack Brown is now 5-9 against Stoops and I predict he will get blown out several more times if he's allowed to stay. Trust me, I want to beat them, but by 40 points year in and year out.. no that's what the Savannah State type teams are for, this is supposed to be a rivalry game with some fire on both sides.

In other areas around the country they switched over to other games, because it was such a debacle. Go ahead.. flame on, but for this rivalry to stay at the top it needs to be competitive or it loses a lot of its luster. People outside of the rivalry tune in to watch a grudge match each season, not OU running them out of the stadium by half.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/17/2012, 08:01 PM
I just want him to stay there. It's truly amazing that they can get almost any recruit they want, and then their team is not competitive...I LOVE IT. but it can't last very much longer, I'm afraid, before he's shown out the door.

rock on sooner
10/17/2012, 08:03 PM
Nah, gotta keep Mack there until we even the overall series record
then he can retire. As much as I hate the phrase "Oklahoma has
the game well in hand so...." 'cause it means I'm not gonna see the
end of the game, I can always switch to streaming online and then
watch either Kyle's highlights or the replay on Soonersports.

cobrapilot
10/17/2012, 08:05 PM
Mack beat Bob the first year. VY record against OU 1/2 in his win AD played like 3 plays and Bomar was in like his 3rd game as a starter. When Sam went down with the shoulder injury Landry almost beat em. The record is even worse than it appears on surface

birddog
10/17/2012, 08:17 PM
**** off dip****

StoopTroup
10/17/2012, 08:20 PM
It's getting so bad that I think it's more than firing Mack....it's getting back to the point where another SWC Team wants to take their football and go play Jr. HS Football somewhere else.

StoopTroup
10/17/2012, 08:28 PM
Also another nice record for LJ...

Most wins as a Starting QB in Oklahoma History

2009-12 Landry Jones 33

1973-75 (Some really good years) Steve Davis 32

1985 -1988 (Some more good years) Jamelle Holleway 30

1999-04 Jason White 27

LJ also the 3rd OU QB with 3 wins vs Texas

Gonna be hard to keep up with the Jones...

MamaMia
10/17/2012, 08:35 PM
Nothing, not even Mack Brown can destroy the OU/Texas rivalry. This is not the first time we beat them so badly. I loved watching the orange portion of the stadium empty out. I laughed. Once upon a time, we only won one game in the middle of a 13 game series. That was a long time ago, but the rivalry still remained.

goingoneight
10/17/2012, 08:40 PM
I've had time to think about the game over the past few days and I'm glad we won... but not like that. Mack Brown is starting to destroy the rivalry. I mean, how can you have a rivalry when 60% + of the whorns fans are pouring out the exits before the half on a continual basis? Mack's inability to field even a good team with top recruits is mind blowing. Oh sure... he rode the coattails of Vince Young and Colt McCoy, but when he doesn't have elite QB's his true coaching ability shines through. I think we can all admit as football fans we like to see competitive games and we just aren't seeing that anymore from the Red River Rivalry.

I hate the whorns with every fiber in my body.. the Texass arrogance, their 10 gallon hats and how they have turned their team into some greedy corporation whose chief concern is solely dollar and cents. It's really sickening to watch. I guess what I'm trying to say is, the rivalry deserves better than this. I certainly don't want them to go grab a Saban type coach and start dominating, but at least get a coach that can be relatively competitive. Mack Brown is now 5-9 against Stoops and I predict he will get blown out several more times if he's allowed to stay. Trust me, I want to beat them, but by 40 points year in and year out.. no that's what the Savannah State type teams are for, this is supposed to be a rivalry game with some fire on both sides.

In other areas around the country they switched over to other games, because it was such a debacle. Go ahead.. flame on, but for this rivalry to stay at the top it needs to be competitive or it loses a lot of its luster. People outside of the rivalry tune in to watch a grudge match each season, not OU running them out of the stadium by half.

In a way, you're right. But think also that some of the greatest success stories of all time were situations like the one unfolding with our rival. Like when Switzer left, what happened to Nebraska? Dr. Tom's teams were always just oh-so-close to winning it all and winning big recruiting battles if it weren't for OU slapping them back down to reality. I have NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER stealing all the Tommie Harris's, Adrian Petersons and the like for a long while if Texas wants to continue to **** the bed.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/17/2012, 08:42 PM
Nothing, not even Mack Brown can destroy the OU/Texas rivalry. This is not the first time we beat them so badly. I loved watching the orange portion of the stadium empty out. I laughed. Once upon a time, we only won one game in the middle of a 13 game series. That was a long time ago, but the rivalry still remained.They can't duck us while in the same conference, with only one division. 1958-65 we didn't win, and 67-70 we didn't. That was when DKR had his way with the Sooners and became a Bad Sooner. They also stomped us heavily back in the early days of football, prior ot WWII. Even if Bob doesn't win another NC, you gotta love the way he throat-stomps the whorns.

StoopTroup
10/17/2012, 08:43 PM
Nothing, not even Mack Brown can destroy the OU/Texas rivalry. This is not the first time we beat them so badly. I loved watching the orange portion of the stadium empty out. I laughed. Once upon a time, we only won one game in the middle of a 13 game series. That was a long time ago, but the rivalry still remained.

Texas Big Money Donors got real close when they tried to end the Weekend in Dallas. When that happens....the Game is still important to OU Fans but Nationally....it's just another Home and Away game in Cinference play.

8timechamps
10/17/2012, 08:50 PM
Texas Big Money Donors got real close when they tried to end the Weekend in Dallas. When that happens....the Game is still important to OU Fans but Nationally....it's just another Home and Away game in Cinference play.

Yep. That was a close one, that I think would have sent the OU/TX game the way of OU/Nebraska. Only they'd be on our schedule every year. Very happy it got worked out...now, let's hope it stays that way.

Soonermagik
10/17/2012, 08:56 PM
**** off dip****

I'll be looking for your Christmas card this season. ;)

birddog
10/17/2012, 09:21 PM
yes, yes, i am fully aware there are 2 threads rumblin but this is a great xmas gift. and a great reason to enjoy frogstompin those sobs.

http://www.barkingcarnival.com/2012/10/16/3513926/midway-of-sorrow-a-have-your-adventure-chosen-for-you-story-texas-OU-red-river-recap-2012

BoulderSooner79
10/17/2012, 09:24 PM
Next time the horns beat us, I'm bumping this 'effin thread.

:encouragement::encouragement::encouragement:

Soonermagik
10/17/2012, 09:39 PM
Next time the horns beat us, I'm bumping this 'effin thread.

:encouragement::encouragement::encouragement:

The board won't exist in 20 years..

soonergirlNeugene
10/17/2012, 10:23 PM
Impossible to score too many points on the whorns. This series is incredibly streaky, enjoy the wins while they fall on OUr side.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/18/2012, 06:23 AM
I don't like competitive football games when Oklahoma is involved and I have zero problems with Oklahoma having a game over by the first quarter.

Rocker
10/18/2012, 06:39 AM

You're joking right..... Who cares what other areas around the country think. Luster? its effing texas We as Soonerfans should want OU running them out of the stadium by half.

Jacie
10/18/2012, 07:45 AM
I too was disappointed in missing the 4th quarter to Illinois @ Michigan, a consequence of living in the Northeast. But I was giddy as a schoolgirl at WHY the game was switched. A fanbase as arrogant as sa*et fans need a good a**-kicking every so often and tis best when delivered by OUr team.

Go Sooners!

XingTheRubicon
10/18/2012, 07:50 AM
I'll take a 40 point win over texas every year. **** texas.

texas having to be competitive to help us, is a myth...

In the 50's texas sucked

In the 60's OU sucked and texas had their only elite decade

In 74 and 75, texas sucked on ice

In 85 texas sucked

2000, texas was decent, but easily the fifth best team we played that year....zero effect on helping our SOS, sure as hell didn't help us prepare for kstate

texas needs to suck, it's natural and fun

FirstandGoal
10/18/2012, 09:23 AM

TheUnnamedSooner
10/18/2012, 01:03 PM
Phuck texas. I'll take a 40 point win over them every year. I live with the asshats, and the beatdowns are priceless.

SoonerPride
10/18/2012, 01:06 PM
I want to beat them so badly for so many years in a row that their fans stop coming to the game.

I want their team to suck so badly year in and year out for so many years that they drop football altogether.

They could go 0-fer forever and I would laugh myself into the nuthouse.

Screw texas.

Forever and ever.

Amen.

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2012, 01:36 PM
If we back up and look at it from a survival of the fittest point of view, there is nothing to be disappointed about. Our thrashing the horns will evoke action on their part to do something about it. OUr guys just need to keep striving for improvement and not be satisfied with just winning in Dallas and we'll be fine too.

Sabanball
10/18/2012, 03:52 PM
Mack is done. Stick a fork in him.

MamaMia
10/21/2012, 02:58 AM
Mack is done. Stick a fork in him. Appearances look as if he's not done, but I would not be at all surprised if he wasn't in some administrative or media relations position for The University of Texas next football season.

10/21/2012, 03:54 AM
The link to their site starts with his name, fercryinoutloud. Can you imagine Bobstoops-OklahomaFootball.com? They won't get rid of him for one reason... Pride.

God bless em.

cleller
10/21/2012, 08:24 AM
Fire Mack Brown page at Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fire-Mack-Brown/104443886382005?ref=stream