PDA

View Full Version : who do we WANT to beat ksu..to help OU

Soonerjeepman
10/16/2012, 02:48 PM
obviously OU must win out...with that being said, how do we want the rest of the teams to be at the end to help OU.

TT - win out (1 loss to OU) so beat ksu
WV - win out w/loss to OU (2 losses OU/TT) so beat ksu
KSU - lose to tt/wv win out (2 losses)

that gives 3 teams prob in the top 15 that we have beat plus a 1 loss ND in the top 10

the rest who cares..(gets too complicated)

any others?

SoonerMarkVA
10/16/2012, 03:01 PM
Obviously just having TT win out helps the most if you think KSU will only lose 1. I don't see TT doing that.

I think it's reasonably likely KSU stumbles twice. Best bet is WV. But I'm looking at that game at TCU and wondering some about that. If TT were at home, that'd look pretty promising, too.

In reality, as long as KSU loses once, and preferably if they do so with a lessor team, we jump them. So, they get the CC, but they also get the corn-chip bowl. If we win out, we'll certainly be in the top 4, with an outside shot at the NC, and that puts us in a BCS bowl that's not corn-chip bowl. I'll take it.

Phil
10/16/2012, 03:01 PM
Don't know if you're talking about to win the conference or for the national title game. If your scenario happens, we win the conference outright. If only #2 and #3 happen, we win the conference outright. Either way is good with me. I'd rather not go the three-way tie route again, although I think we'd prevail there anyway.

Regardless of the conference title, I think if we win out and KSU loses one game, that's going to be about all we need within the conference. Lots of other stuff has to happen outside of that, of course.

Widescreen
10/16/2012, 03:10 PM
If we win out and KSU loses once, we share the conference championship. There is no head-to-head when it comes to determining the conference champ in a 2-way or 3-way (or ?-way) tie. In that respect it's like the old Big 8. The tie-breaker comes into play I assume when determining bowl destinations. But I would assume that if we were #1 or #2 in the BCS, we'd go to the MNC game regardless of what anyone else does.

Soonerjeepman
10/16/2012, 03:11 PM
Guess I assumed that if only 2 teams with 1 loss it's head to head...so if ksu losses only once then they get the tie breaker...didn't think BCS came into effect unless it's a 3 way.

yermom
10/16/2012, 03:15 PM
that's what i've been saying. the 3-way tie only mattered since it was about the division and the CCG representative from the South

if we are going to win the conference and not go to the Fiesta, i won't be shedding many tears about it

but if we are #1 or #2 but lose the tie-breaker, it won't matter.

badger
10/16/2012, 03:18 PM
I think the title game will have two undefeated teams. Why not let Old Man Snyder ride off into the sunset with a national title. At least this time, he won't be hacking our quarterback's knees to get a championship (of the Big 12 variety).

It's not our year. If it's not, K-State is a Big 12 team I can tolerate winning it, probably more than any other program... because I think it's fair to assume that if Bill Snyder tastes championship glory again, he'll retire forever this time... and then we'll never lose to K-State ever again and that mask youtube guy will just spend each week crying non-stop :D

Soonerjeepman
10/16/2012, 03:31 PM
Badg...I actually went to ksu...back in 1982..lol. IF OU can't make it I'd be ok with them. Guess I'd rather still give us a shot as long as we have it. Lots of fball left to be played...not sure there will be 2 undefeated teams in the MNC. IF it came down to the last game to get ksu in then so be it but until then I want everything to go for OU. Much like you guys can't stand the bs the pokes say when they win down there it's the same up here with ksu... ;-)

Soonerjeepman
10/16/2012, 03:34 PM
guess that was my underlying point...what scenario would be best for OU to get as high as it can in the BCS?

badger
10/16/2012, 04:01 PM
guess that was my underlying point...what scenario would be best for OU to get as high as it can in the BCS?

well hell, bammer lost to lsu at home and that didn't keep em outta the title game, did it? :P

BoulderSooner79
10/16/2012, 07:34 PM

It's an interesting question. It could be that if we win out, it won't matter much outside of KSU staying undefeated (I'd bet against it). Bottom line is we are in very good shape at 11-1 and would be an attractive choice for an at-large BCS bid if KSU goes to the fiesta. If there are multiple 1-loss teams in contention for a title shot and KSU is one of them, I could see the voters making sure the conference champ gets the nod.

SoonerFanInAustin
10/16/2012, 11:07 PM
K. St just needs to lose 1 game. That's all it will take for us to pass them. I'm basing my opinion that we won't lose again. No way voters will be able to change their votes at the end. There is a good chance we pass K. St in the coaches poll this week if they lose. If they don't lose this week, we will have no problem passing them after we beat ND. We will pass a lot of people after that game. I wish we were higher, but we aren't in too bad of a spot right now.

We just have to take care of our business. I think the rest will take care of itself.

goingoneight
10/16/2012, 11:40 PM
Who CAN beat KSU? The best bet already lost to them.

Soonerjeepman
10/17/2012, 12:12 AM
WV or TT...hell maybe osu or ut.

SoonerPride93
10/17/2012, 12:52 AM
This K-State team is not a t10 team. I go to K-State and have sat in the stands every game.

North Texas..struggles
KU...struggles
Missouri State...struggles
Iowa State...struggles

Dont let the scores of those games fool you. They are highly overrated. A defense that gets nickle and dimed all day and a quarterback with the arm of a 12 year autistic kid. The only reason fans here think they are all mighty is because they barely beat a Sooner team that had their worst performance in years.

I can guarantee you that WVU rolls them and Tech comes in and beats them on our homecoming. I am not worried at all

MamaMia
10/17/2012, 12:54 AM
Anyone could beat them, after all they beat us, at home. Not a lot of people thought that was possible.

hawaii 5-0
10/17/2012, 01:16 AM
I plan on betting heavily on K- State beating West Virginia.

I hope I lose.

5-0

redkid
10/17/2012, 03:10 AM
k-state loses 3''tx-Wv. Tcu"bank on it''it keeps macs job and we get the cc.

Jacie
10/17/2012, 06:07 AM
Just in case, the cat fans need to start a fund for one of those airplane banners now!

DrZaius
10/17/2012, 06:23 AM
I really wish we had a Champ game so that we could do it ourselves!

PrideMom
10/17/2012, 08:37 AM
Do like they do....take out the quarterback!!

Sooners78
10/17/2012, 10:46 AM
I plan on betting heavily on K- State beating West Virginia.

I hope I lose.

5-0

One of those bets where you can't lose.