PDA

View Full Version : Billary is Takin one fer the Team on Libya

olevetonahill
10/16/2012, 12:05 AM
She painted a Target on her rather Large azz.
It was HER's and NOT Obammy nor Bidens fault .

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/clinton-tells-cnn-responsibility-libya-attack-010005118.html

LiveLaughLove
10/16/2012, 04:41 AM
She painted a Target on her rather Large azz.
It was HER's and NOT Obammy nor Bidens fault .

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/clinton-tells-cnn-responsibility-libya-attack-010005118.html

She's using Clinton speak. she says she takes responsibility, but does she really?

The president and the vice president wouldn't be knowledgeable about specific decisions that are made by security professionals

Here's where the blame will ultimately go. Obama is responsible for his administration any way you cut it.

There was an attack there in April and they suspected then that two of their Libyan security
guards were responsible for that attack. She should be fired immediately if she wants true responsibility and Obama will be fired in a few more Weeks.

olevetonahill
10/16/2012, 06:11 AM
Werks fer me :adoration:

OU_Sooners75
10/16/2012, 07:20 AM
The good ol trying to divert issue is in full effect.

Why am I not surprised by the fact that Biden and manily Obama don't want to take responsibility for it?

Obama is so arrogant its unreal.

Oh and now, over a month after the attck, they are "thinking" about sending special forces to Lybia.

Yeah, talk about a political move at this point. He should have done this within 24 hours of our Ambassador being killed and paraded in the streets, instead of apolozing to Lybia and Islam.

olevetonahill
10/16/2012, 07:32 AM
The good ol trying to divert issue is in full effect.

Why am I not surprised by the fact that Biden and manily Obama don't want to take responsibility for it?

Obama is so arrogant its unreal.

Oh and now, over a month after the attck, they are "thinking" about sending special forces to Lybia.

Yeah, talk about a political move at this point. He should have done this within 24 hours of our Ambassador being killed and paraded in the streets, instead of apolozing to Lybia and Islam.

Its a Pure Political move
She even says she's taking the heat because Obammy is taking too much and its liable to be an issue in the Debate

SanJoaquinSooner
10/16/2012, 08:11 AM
I can't recall if Sec. of State Vance Cyrus took responsibility for the Iranian Hostage Crisis during Jimmy Carter's term. I think they just blamed it on the terrorists.

But Cyrus resigned in protest of Carter's rescue plan. Thought it was too risky. Of course the rescue failed, Reagan was elected, the hostages released a week into Reagan's term, and the rest is history.

cleller
10/16/2012, 08:55 AM
This is Libya, a country still in the midst of an overthrow. Its seems pretty logical and uncomplicated that our ambassador was in a dangerous place, and warranted a high level of security.

Soonerjeepman
10/16/2012, 08:57 AM
and...ASKED for more security but the admin dragged their butts...

FaninAma
10/16/2012, 10:39 AM
This makes Obama look weak. Regardless, if Hilliary wants to fall on her sword then she needs to pay a heavy political price. Obama is betting the GOP in Congress will not go after her as hard as they would him.

Romney needs to say something like this in the debates:
"As President I will take full responsibility for my foreign policy decisions and not allow subordinates to take the blame for failures and mistakes."

OU_Sooners75
10/16/2012, 11:39 AM
FaninAma,

That type of statement would be the one liner that ends the race!

LiveLaughLove
10/16/2012, 01:53 PM
Have any of you seen, The Great Escape, where the pow's were discovered by the Germans? They all start hollering to get the attention of the Germans and thereby let others get free. The Germans were confused as to who to grab.

I just read an article they makes sense to me. Obama will also take responsibility tonight trying to mitigate the damage and get in front of it to mute Romney's criticism that'd sure to come tonight.

Having Hillary do so first gives him the chance to look like the good guy that cannot let her stand alone. It also bounces responsibility around like this pow's. It makes the voters look around and not know who to believe.

Its not ideal for Obama but its the best he can do to get this issue behind him.

sappstuf
10/16/2012, 01:58 PM
That might have worked, but it has been 5 weeks.. Why couldn't Obama take responsibility before now?

olevetonahill
10/16/2012, 02:19 PM
That might have worked, but it has been 5 weeks.. Why couldn't Obama take responsibility before now?

Or Billary.

OU_Sooners75
10/16/2012, 02:22 PM
Its been 5 weeks since our Ambassador was murdered.

The only reason he would take responsibility for it now is for political gain.

There is absolutely nothing he can say or do to save face on this.

At first, he had his cronies go out and apologize and say it was caused by a video trailer. They did this for almost 2 weeks.

Then they change it to a terrorist attack only because the intell department came out and said it was.

Then they try to paint Romney as using this for political gain. He didn't have to. But he did keep it out front. Had he not, we likely don't hear much about it.

And now they want to throw Hiliary under the bus. And say it was ultimately her fault why Stevens died.

Obama and his camp don't know how to turn this. They have lied and lied and lied about everything in Lybia. There is no hiding it, and its time his *** takes the beating for it.

Breadburner
10/16/2012, 02:22 PM
I like how..."It's not about finding blame".....What a joke....!

StoopTroup
10/16/2012, 03:15 PM
This makes Obama look weak. Regardless, if Hilliary wants to fall on her sword then she needs to pay a heavy political price. Obama is betting the GOP in Congress will not go after her as hard as they would him.

Romney needs to say something like this in the debates:
"As President I will take full responsibility for my foreign policy decisions and not allow subordinates to take the blame for failures and mistakes."

That should cement the win. :monkey:

cleller
10/16/2012, 03:26 PM
I heard a nice semi-lecturing piece on NPR today telling us we should not politicize what happened in Libya.

Soonerjeepman
10/16/2012, 03:41 PM
I can't imagine what the media and libs would be saying if it was a Repub president during all this...good Lord these folks are seriously delusional.

Soonerjeepman
10/16/2012, 03:42 PM
Its been 5 weeks since our Ambassador was murdered.

The only reason he would take responsibility for it now is for political gain.

There is absolutely nothing he can say or do to save face on this.

At first, he had his cronies go out and apologize and say it was caused by a video trailer. They did this for almost 2 weeks.

Then they change it to a terrorist attack only because the intell department came out and said it was.

Then they try to paint Romney as using this for political gain. He didn't have to. But he did keep it out front. Had he not, we likely don't hear much about it.

And now they want to throw Hiliary under the bus. And say it was ultimately her fault why Stevens died.

Obama and his camp don't know how to turn this. They have lied and lied and lied about everything in Lybia. There is no hiding it, and its time his *** takes the beating for it.

the problem with this 75 is the general population doesn't know or care about this...nor see the underlying ideas behind it....sad.

StoopTroup
10/16/2012, 04:11 PM
The Families of the Four Murdered guys have all tried to get their lost Family Members far away from any political wrangling. I must admit that it does serve The Obama Administration well by their speaking up to both Candidates and asking that they quit using them as a way to get elected but.....it is their wish. I think everyone that takes on a role in Foreign Policy or has been in harm's way during their time serving, knows the inherent risks. The Ambassador's own Family said that he knew the risks and that he loved Libya as much as America. He was working for both. I think finding the murderers is something that should and will be done but to treat it like we must get this done right now, when the Bush Administration never found OBL....it really cheapens the incident by making it a Political Event that really will more than likely require many months or years of tracking down dead ends and following intelligence leads to bring those responsible to Justice.

If the GOP wishes to say they are here to save the Day and help America from going broke and at the same time claim that we must spend more money abroad to make Ambassadors and the Foreign Service Staff Safe, they are free to do so but that answer really lies in just passing strict Policies that require our People in Foreign Service to leave earlier when possible danger is detected. I'm not so sure the people who serve would feel getting jerked out of their position every time intelligence detect such risks would help them be effective.

Listening to the Families and close associates of Ambassador Chris Stevens, they all said that he knew and understood and accepted the dangers. It is indeed an awful thing that they were attacked but to make this into a Political Event.....I wonder what they would think of it? I know how I feel. I know how I'd feel if I had been one of them. It would make me sick to see people so uncaring for my Family's Requests and that any work to fix what was wrong there has been set back years if not decades.

I think Ms. Clinton is in a bad spot and to honor these folks under her employ she is doing the right thing by admitting there were some mistakes....but anyone that thinks there is a perfect solution for this....they are really not in touch with the reality that serving in the Middle East and Muslim Areas as an American has after going to War in two Muslim Countries and continuing to do what President Bush said was our mission as Americans...."Find and hunt down terrorists and anyone who supports them".

Nothing else but finding these people who murdered the four Americans in Libya will be enough.

rock on sooner
10/16/2012, 04:24 PM
I can't recall if Sec. of State Vance Cyrus took responsibility for the Iranian Hostage Crisis during Jimmy Carter's term. I think they just blamed it on the terrorists.

But Cyrus resigned in protest of Carter's rescue plan. Thought it was too risky. Of course the rescue failed, Reagan was elected, the hostages released a week into Reagan's term, and the rest is history.

SJS, this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, but, FYI, the hostages
were in an aircraft sitting on the tarmac, during the swearing in of Reagan. They
were airborne five minutes after Reagan was sworn in. It was the ultimate in-your-
face by the Iranians against Carter.

rock on sooner
10/16/2012, 04:29 PM
The Families of the Four Murdered guys have all tried to get their lost Family Members far away from any political wrangling. I must admit that it does serve The Obama Administration well by their speaking up to both Candidates and asking that they quit using them as a way to get elected but.....it is their wish. I think everyone that takes on a role in Foreign Policy or has been in harm's way during their time serving, knows the inherent risks. The Ambassador's own Family said that he knew the risks and that he loved Libya as much as America. He was working for both. I think finding the murderers is something that should and will be done but to treat it like we must get this done right now, when the Bush Administration never found OBL....it really cheapens the incident by making it a Political Event that really will more than likely require many months or years of tracking down dead ends and following intelligence leads to bring those responsible to Justice.

If the GOP wishes to say they are here to save the Day and help America from going broke and at the same time claim that we must spend more money abroad to make Ambassadors and the Foreign Service Staff Safe, they are free to do so but that answer really lies in just passing strict Policies that require our People in Foreign Service to leave earlier when possible danger is detected. I'm not so sure the people who serve would feel getting jerked out of their position every time intelligence detect such risks would help them be effective.

Listening to the Families and close associates of Ambassador Chris Stevens, they all said that he knew and understood and accepted the dangers. It is indeed an awful thing that they were attacked but to make this into a Political Event.....I wonder what they would think of it? I know how I feel. I know how I'd feel if I had been one of them. It would make me sick to see people so uncaring for my Family's Requests and that any work to fix what was wrong there has been set back years if not decades.

I think Ms. Clinton is in a bad spot and to honor these folks under her employ she is doing the right thing by admitting there were some mistakes....but anyone that thinks there is a perfect solution for this....they are really not in touch with the reality that serving in the Middle East and Muslim Areas as an American has after going to War in two Muslim Countries and continuing to do what President Bush said was our mission as Americans...."Find and hunt down terrorists and anyone who supports them".

Nothing else but finding these people who murdered the four Americans in Libya will be enough.

I don't know this to be a fact but I'm willing to bet that wheels of justice began to
turn within 48 hours of the attack. I'm quite sure that back channels were going
nuts to identify the perps and that no stone will be left unturned to catch them.
And, finally, it won't take ten years to do it.

FaninAma
10/16/2012, 04:56 PM
I don't know this to be a fact but I'm willing to bet that wheels of justice began to
turn within 48 hours of the attack. I'm quite sure that back channels were going
nuts to identify the perps and that no stone will be left unturned to catch them.
And, finally, it won't take ten years to do it.

Only if they can kill them with a drone attack. BTW, it appears that the arms shipments we are sending to Syria are ending up in the hands of radical Islamists according to the NY Times. I could actually get on board Obama's withdrawal strategy if he would really withdraw and quit doing things like this. Without direct supervision of our aid in the region we will end up with another situation like the Taliban taking over Afghanistan after we assisted them in kicking out the Soviets in the 80's.

cleller
10/16/2012, 05:00 PM
BTW, it appears that the arms shipments we are sending to Syria are ending up in the hands of radical Islamists according to the NY Times.

Doh! Why did they put Gilligan in charge of that?

FaninAma
10/16/2012, 05:08 PM
Doh! Why did they put Gilligan in charge of that?

I assume you are talking about Biden because that is who is in charge of this administration's Middle East foreign policy.

hawaii 5-0
10/16/2012, 05:28 PM
I assume you are talking about Biden because that is who is in charge of this administration's Middle East foreign policy.

I sure didn't see that Whopper coming.

As Secretary of State, HR Clinton's in charge and accountable.

Her and the Republicans in the House who voted to decrease funding for security of embassies.

5-0

SoonerProphet
10/16/2012, 05:37 PM
Only if they can kill them with a drone attack. BTW, it appears that the arms shipments we are sending to Syria are ending up in the hands of radical Islamists according to the NY Times. I could actually get on board Obama's withdrawal strategy if he would really withdraw and quit doing things like this. Without direct supervision of our aid in the region we will end up with another situation like the Taliban taking over Afghanistan after we assisted them in kicking out the Soviets in the 80's.

Might actually gain a modicum of respect for the administration if they and the asshats at foggy bottom fessed up to the truth. The policy to transform the middle east into shining cities on a hill is sheer buffoonery.

LiveLaughLove
10/16/2012, 05:53 PM
That should cement the win. :monkey:
Thanks to "you didn't build that" and this Libya thing the win is already cemented barring a miracle.

Since most of you libs don't pray, scratch the miracle from the list. They're whittlin' ya down pretty ne'r

As for the politicization of the libya thing and the families not wanting it. Sorry. This is a huge political issue. I feel horrible for the families, but answers need to be demanded.

We have other consulates and embassies around the world with other American lives at stake. We can't bow to the families wishes on this. We can just pray for them and demand answers and resolutions.

Finally, the state department has around $2billion for protection in reserve. That would have been more than sufficient. The Republicans don't tell the Secretary of State or White House where to spend it.

Nice try though.

BigTip
10/16/2012, 06:25 PM
I thought this was bush league when I read about it. But now I have seen the interview where Hilary take the blame. Now I am mad.
Talk about a political move. It is insulting to see how stupid they think the population is.

LiveLaughLove
10/16/2012, 06:35 PM
Jen Psaki, an Obama spokeswoman just said to Shepherd Smith, "of course, the President is responsible, but so is the Secretary of State".

Yep, and so is the security advisors, and so is George Bush, and so are Republicans, and so are ......

We're seeing the jail break begin. Diminution of responsibility to the point it means nothing. It's worth a try for them. The media will certainly play along.

Don't think it works though out in Real World.

FaninAma
10/16/2012, 07:00 PM
I don't remembeer reagan allowing his Secretary of state or Secretary of Defense to fall on their swords after the Beirut bombing that killed over 200 marines. He just loaded up our troops and got the hell out. Reagan had great instincts. He got into trouble by listening to some of his shadier advisors like on the Iran-Contra fiasco. He should have had a different VP and he should have had a different Secretary of Defense his first term.

StoopTroup
10/16/2012, 07:10 PM
Thanks to "you didn't build that" and this Libya thing the win is already cemented barring a miracle.

Now don't start getting all crazy....I'd like to see a third party win if we had one that was competent....this thing is so close and you want to believe what you are saying but McCain Palin was a stronger ticket IMO and for you to think Mitt has this thing locked up is just so far from reality. I won't say he can't win because these Debates do have an impact but I really felt like the 1st one was a set up. Biden even though you may not like him....stood his ground at the very least and tonight is really important for Romney.

LiveLaughLove
10/16/2012, 09:05 PM
Now don't start getting all crazy....I'd like to see a third party win if we had one that was competent....this thing is so close and you want to believe what you are saying but McCain Palin was a stronger ticket IMO and for you to think Mitt has this thing locked up is just so far from reality. I won't say he can't win because these Debates do have an impact but I really felt like the 1st one was a set up. Biden even though you may not like him....stood his ground at the very least and tonight is really important for Romney.

I called this over a while back. It's over. Close means Romney. Go back and look at how independents break at the end of an election. Decidedly for the challenger.

If Obama hasn't convinced them yet, he's not going to do so. They've known him for four years. They are just trying to get comfortable with Romney, before pulling the lever.

Short of election day shenanigans (which I certainly don't put past he and Holder), Romney will be President.

soonercruiser
10/16/2012, 09:56 PM
Come on!
Face it.....this administration doesn't know the meaning of the words "full responsibility".
(That's two words, Joe!)

sappstuf
10/17/2012, 12:17 PM
http://global.nationalreview.com/images/cartoon_101712_A.jpg

SoonerProphet
10/17/2012, 01:29 PM
The real shame is the semantic game being played over when and where it was called a "terrorists" attack, which seems to be the extent of understanding or interest in the matter. Why don't we look at the real substance of the issue like why did it happen or who authorized US troop involvment in Libya in the first place. Instead,partisan hackery abounds to stupid phuckin games of "gotcha".

8timechamps
10/17/2012, 01:54 PM
The real shame is the semantic game being played over when and where it was called a "terrorists" attack, which seems to be the extent of understanding or interest in the matter. Why don't we look at the real substance of the issue like why did it happen or who authorized US troop involvment in Libya in the first place. Instead,partisan hackery abounds to stupid phuckin games of "gotcha".

Couldn't agree more. THIS is what's wrong with our government.

Midtowner
10/17/2012, 02:22 PM

Low information voters tend to lap that stuff up. The politicians wouldn't be playing the game unless it sold.

Skysooner
10/17/2012, 02:26 PM
Low information voters tend to lap that stuff up. The politicians wouldn't be playing the game unless it sold.

In the engineering game, we refer to low information voters as LCD.

sappstuf
10/17/2012, 04:19 PM
The actual question that was asked was a valid one:

we were reading and became aware of reports that the State Department refused extra security for our embassy in Benghazi, Libya, prior to the attacks that killed four Americans. Who was it that denied enhanced security and why?

Obama didn't even attempt an answer. Romney should have just repeated the question and ceded 30 of his seconds to the president to actually answer the man's question.

sappstuf
10/17/2012, 04:25 PM
As if by magic, there is already a video..

ARintSTCWw4

cleller
10/17/2012, 09:06 PM
^^ What a run around.
"You know I mean what I say" would carry more weight if he had said something to begin with. Wimpy.

soonercruiser
10/17/2012, 10:39 PM
"Now listen to me closely! I did not have se(curity) with that consolate!"
:stupid: