PDA

View Full Version : Who is the reporter

rock on sooner
10/15/2012, 01:29 PM
that Stoops snapped at in the presser after the game? I couldn't hear real well
but whatever question it was Stoops sure dint like it!

badger
10/15/2012, 01:35 PM
i am curious, so watching it now (http://player.theplatform.com/ps/player/pds/KHBZMaYjPk?pid=OGtcHTABXf_Q6rnAVAA9uDbPOFpjoHWO)

badger
10/15/2012, 01:38 PM
If you are asking about the reporter who asks about toughness at 3:15 of my linked video clip, I think it was Tulsa World's John E. Hoover based on what he just wrote (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=708&articleid=20121014_29_B9_CUTLIN748920)

JiminyChristmas
10/15/2012, 01:38 PM
John Hoover, Tulsa World

rock on sooner
10/15/2012, 01:43 PM
John Hoover, Tulsa World

Yup, thanks. You'd think Hoover would learn....

Fraggle145
10/15/2012, 01:47 PM
**** that cowpuke shill.

badger
10/15/2012, 01:48 PM
For those of you without video access, here's my crappy transcript of the exchange:

Reporter: Yeah Bob, a couple of weeks ago I asked you about this team's toughness and you said you didn't know...
Bob: Yeah, and I didn't like the question then, so... because you're asking something because we fumbled the ball twice and it had nothing to do with being tough. We played good, physical Kansas State team and we were there with them. You try to run the ball over a 14-point swing, you're not going to win. I thought it was a dumb question and I still think it is.
Reporter: The question was about mental toughness. Fumbles happen it's often mental toughness as well. ... You said that day you didn't think we were good enough. We were both wrong apparently when we look at today. What changed between then and now?
Bob: Don't put me with you. That was only our third game. We had only played three games. This is only our fifth game. Everybody wants to summarize what you are after two games. That doesn't make any sense to me. Or in the third game. We've got a long season to play. And who knows what we're do. We do that again have turnovers, we'll be saying the same thing. In the end I thought it was too early for anybody to be tough or not to be tough at that point. At this point, it shows we're a little bit tougher. How tough? I don't know. You guys can all throw your perceptions out there because coming into this game they weren't all accurate, either

Soonerjeepman
10/15/2012, 02:03 PM
lol..yup that was funny

cleller
10/15/2012, 02:22 PM
Bob to Hoover:

Quién es más macho, muthaho?

picasso
10/15/2012, 02:25 PM
If you are asking about the reporter who asks about toughness at 3:15 of my linked video clip, I think it was Tulsa World's John E. Hoover based on what he just wrote (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/article.aspx?subjectid=708&articleid=20121014_29_B9_CUTLIN748920)
He's been dogging OU all season.

badger
10/15/2012, 02:28 PM

Can anyone say that criticism was unwarranted up till the Red River rout? We looked weak in victories against UTEP and Florida A&M, we lost at home to K-State, and Tech's validity was iffy up till they beat Mountie last weekend. Thus, this has been the first time all season we can pound our chest (ow... don't do that if you're a girl) and scream BOOMER EFFING SOONER, BABY!

So yeah... we're ninth in the BCS and need some help in moving up... some Domer help. Welcome to Norman, domers :P

picasso
10/15/2012, 02:28 PM
I caught Hoover one the radio a few weeks ago and he basically said that with OU's attrition on the line they would struggle with wins this season. Jackwad.

picasso
10/15/2012, 02:30 PM
Can anyone say that criticism was unwarranted up till the Red River rout? We looked weak in victories against UTEP and Florida A&M, we lost at home to K-State, and Tech's validity was iffy up till they beat Mountie last weekend. Thus, this has been the first time all season we can pound our chest (ow... don't do that if you're a girl) and scream BOOMER EFFING SOONER, BABY!

So yeah... we're ninth in the BCS and need some help in moving up... some Domer help. Welcome to Norman, domers :P
Poor play yes but toughness is a stretch. He needs to be specific and define what he thinks toughness is on the football field. Pretty broad and stupid.

rainiersooner
10/15/2012, 02:49 PM
I caught Hoover one the radio a few weeks ago and he basically said that with OU's attrition on the line they would struggle with wins this season. Jackwad.

I don't know if I thought we would "struggle with wins" - whatever that means...but I did think our O line was going to be a liability all season and that as a consequence Landry would play like crap. I guess that was kind of right against KSU, but they sure got better real quick. That was what surprised me more than anything - how well the O line played on saturday.

MyT Oklahoma
10/15/2012, 03:09 PM
Uh huh.. and KU is going to die.

P.S. Sorry but I am a lifelong Kansan and I've never liked those people. LOL

BoulderSooner79
10/15/2012, 03:12 PM
O-line remains an issue. Don't be fooled, UT made us look really good in many areas and other teams won't be so kind. It's great we racked up the rushing yards this week, but I predict we will be very happy that we can throw the ball when ND comes to town. Their front 7 has been excellent stopping the run, but I think their secondary is vulnerable. Our Oline needs to have some success on running plays, but pass protection will be critical.

rock on sooner
10/15/2012, 03:21 PM
O-line remains an issue. Don't be fooled, UT made us look really good in many areas and other teams won't be so kind. It's great we racked up the rushing yards this week, but I predict we will be very happy that we can throw the ball when ND comes to town. Their front 7 has been excellent stopping the run, but I think their secondary is vulnerable. Our Oline needs to have some success on running plays, but pass protection will be critical.

I'm thinking that the coaches will have game planned to the point of taking what the
defense gives us. If they stop the run, we'll pass them to death. If they're tough on
the pass, we'll run it down their throats. Until the coaches decide, the attack will be
balanced. If both work, then it'll be like Fexas. If neither work, Hunnicut will have to
win it.

BoulderSooner79
10/15/2012, 03:41 PM
I'm thinking that the coaches will have game planned to the point of taking what the
defense gives us. If they stop the run, we'll pass them to death. If they're tough on
the pass, we'll run it down their throats. Until the coaches decide, the attack will be
balanced. If both work, then it'll be like Fexas. If neither work, Hunnicut will have to
win it.

Well sure. I'm just predicting the deep cuts will come via the passing game.

SoonerKnight
10/15/2012, 03:57 PM
I was suprised that our O-line looked so good as well. But they looked good against TT and we demolished them. They apparently do have a defense and we killed them I think the O-line problems may be a little overblown. Our RB's just need a little room and they are off. Against ND you start with the passing game make them respect it then run run run then you got them. One thing that is different is our RB's keep moving even after initial hit.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/15/2012, 04:05 PM
Uh huh.. and KU is going to die.

P.S. Sorry but I am a lifelong Kansan and I've never liked those people. LOLThey're a Sooner-hating bunch, for sure.

8timechamps
10/15/2012, 04:49 PM
Hoover has been on Stoops' **** list for awhile. If you go back and watch previous pressers, Stoops gets pissed off at most anything Hoover asks. In Stoops defense, Hoover is a complete asstard.

Salt City Sooner
10/15/2012, 05:47 PM
It started before the season. When it was announced over the summer that Stoops had switched his pressers to Monday, Hoover wrote a big whiney-arsed article over the inconvienence that it would cause reporters, & he's been determined to poke the bear ever since.

picasso
10/15/2012, 10:35 PM
Sure the o-line is still an issue but who in the hell really thought this team would lose 4 or 5 or even 6 games? Even that doosh Curtis on the Morning Animals was making that claim after the ksu game.
And who wouldn't get pissed at anyone questioning your team's toughness, be it D-1 or your middle school mold your mouthpiece from the boiling water football team?

VA Sooner
10/15/2012, 10:55 PM
Classic Bob.... nice reply. Cut to the chase... reminds me of when we won the Holiday Bowl and he was still pissed about Rhett Bomar's spike of the ball near our goal line... the reporter had to remind him that they just won the bowl game because he was still fuming during the interview.

Collier11
10/15/2012, 11:10 PM
you all gripe that our media in Oklahoma isnt tough enough then you have one reporter (Hoover) who will ever ask tough questions and some whine about it...I dont agree with him but I like that someone is willing to stand up to Stoops and ask tough questions

OUmillenium
10/15/2012, 11:32 PM
It's all about timing. Hoover's timing = fail

picasso
10/15/2012, 11:36 PM
you all gripe that our media in Oklahoma isnt tough enough then you have one reporter (Hoover) who will ever ask tough questions and some whine about it...I dont agree with him but I like that someone is willing to stand up to Stoops and ask tough questions
Is your team soft is a tough question?

prrriiide
10/16/2012, 05:36 AM
I wonder if Bob had to put his left foot on Hoover's left ***-cheek to pull it out.

badger
10/16/2012, 08:14 AM
Classic Bob.... nice reply. Cut to the chase... reminds me of when we won the Holiday Bowl and he was still pissed about Rhett Bomar's spike of the ball near our goal line... the reporter had to remind him that they just won the bowl game because he was still fuming during the interview.

He might have also had it out for this guy:
http://www.soonerspectator.com/images/featureimages/holidaydunk.jpg
As you all may recall, not only did Brett Romar spike and get a flag, Dusty D et al showered Stoops in Gatorade... all of this while the game was still in question... against a team that just barely missed out on a BCS bowl (the Holiday Bowl always seems to have one of those teams).

StoopTroup
10/16/2012, 10:30 AM

I can understand why you'd say that as you would think he would have scrapped that seemingly predictable blog after watching OU dismantle the Whorns, however there are still people on this forum that were doing it right up until the kickoff last Saturday.

No doubt Hoover should apologize and that Badger should let us take a piece of his *** out on this board now.

SoonerAtKU
10/16/2012, 10:58 AM
who in the hell really thought this team would lose 4 or 5 or even 6 games?
Uhh, people right here on Soonerfans?

StoopTroup
10/16/2012, 11:08 AM
It's all about timing. Hoover's timing = fail

Yep. John obviously was asking a question to make himself look better as a sports writer.
Epic Fail.