PDA

View Full Version : Congrats on the win

Herr Scholz
10/15/2012, 08:25 AM
We got thouroughly whipped in all phases on Saturday. That's the 4th one of those I've attended since 2000. Getting kind of old. Good luck the rest of the season.

BoulderSooner79
10/15/2012, 08:35 AM
Thanks, I think most of us were as shocked as you were. It will be interesting to see how your guys respond. As everyone points out, there is plenty of talent on your team if they can pull it together.

Herr Scholz
10/15/2012, 08:37 AM
Not sure but that may have been Mack's last stand. Our fans are checking out. Just shameful.

olevetonahill
10/15/2012, 08:39 AM
Thanks, I think most of us were as shocked as you were. It will be interesting to see how your guys respond. As everyone points out, there is plenty of talent on your team if they can pull it together.

I wasnt shocked, Well maybe in how much we scored. My game Prediction was 38 -3

Thanks Herr.

BoulderSooner79
10/15/2012, 08:40 AM
I don't for a second your fans will pull it together - there is no talent there.

No offense.

:P

BoulderSooner79
10/15/2012, 08:42 AM
[QUOTE=olevetonahill;3529830]I wasnt shocked, Well maybe in how much we scored. My game Prediction was 38 -3

Thanks Herr.[/QUOTE

That's why I said "most of us". We can't all be as wise as you, Vet. I know I'm not.

KantoSooner
10/15/2012, 08:43 AM
I had been firmly in the "Three or four point game" camp. Was that just a really bad game? Or does UT have systemic issues? Your take, Herr?

Herr Scholz
10/15/2012, 08:47 AM
My take? We can't seem to block or tackle. A couple of red flags right there. Have no idea what the problem is. We just seem soft. Maybe we're not actually practicing those things? Jiminy. Maybe Mack's positivity (ie pats on the back, coddling, etc) trickles down to the team? You got me. I thought we would hang with anyone this year. Shows what I know. Our schemes were for crap as well.

KantoSooner
10/15/2012, 08:52 AM
Did you watch the WVU game and what, if anything, was different there?

badger
10/15/2012, 08:54 AM
We got thouroughly whipped in all phases on Saturday. That's the 4th one of those I've attended since 2000. Getting kind of old. Good luck the rest of the season.

Thanks. :)

But really, I am surprised that your defense wasn't in tune with what was going on in front of them :mack:
http://i48.tinypic.com/15kp6s.png

Herr Scholz
10/15/2012, 08:54 AM
Yeah, I was at that game too. We couldn't slow them down either. The difference is, their D is as bad as ours. I think you guys are going to work them.

KantoSooner
10/15/2012, 09:00 AM
I hope so, but frankly don't feel comfy with Holgo The Barbarian on the opposite sideline. He drank too deeply from the Old Pirate's tankard of grog and it did strange things to his viking DNA and he's now a strange and terrible opponent.

olevetonahill
10/15/2012, 09:13 AM
Yeah, I was at that game too. We couldn't slow them down either. The difference is, their D is as bad as ours. I think you guys are going to work them.

I agree with ya Herr, What little Ive watched Yall , Baylor and WVU have a decent O when up against mediocre Ds

Thats what I based my Prediction on . Yall hadnt faced a D worth a **** and neither had they till this weekend

If Our D can keep up the focused strong play we can whoop any in front of us .

Boomer.....
10/15/2012, 09:26 AM
Manny Diaz and that horrible defense need a tune up.

Curly Bill
10/15/2012, 09:28 AM
My take? We can't seem to block or tackle. A couple of red flags right there. Have no idea what the problem is. We just seem soft. Maybe we're not actually practicing those things? Jiminy. Maybe Mack's positivity (ie pats on the back, coddling, etc) trickles down to the team? You got me. I thought we would hang with anyone this year. Shows what I know. Our schemes were for crap as well.

I think this is a big problem. Mack's softy-soft, feel-good, everyone deserves a cookie approach permeates that entire program. I like it - you guys be sure and keep him around forever! ;)

olevetonahill
10/15/2012, 09:33 AM

Some posted his names is Manny Iaz cause there aint no D :very_drunk:

Statalyzer
10/15/2012, 09:39 AM
Thanks, I think most of us were as shocked as you were.

Did most of you not watch the past 12 years?

It will be interesting to see how your guys respond.

We'll probably win most of the rest of our games, just like the past years, and then fans in future decades will look over the season-by-season results and wonder how Texas teams could play average to great for 10-12 games and then be force-fed **** sandwiches against Oklahoma....

Herr Scholz
10/15/2012, 09:46 AM
I think this is a big problem. Mack's softy-soft, feel-good, everyone deserves a cookie approach permeates that entire program. I like it - you guys be sure and keep him around forever! ;)
I'm thinking this one will finally end his run. My prediction is this is his last year.

badger
10/15/2012, 09:50 AM
I'm thinking this one will finally end his run. My prediction is this is his last year.

You just gave him an extension during the past offseason... if he survived 5-7, can't he survive this? :mack:

thecrimsoncrusader
10/15/2012, 09:52 AM
Did most of you not watch the past 12 years?

We'll probably win most of the rest of our games, just like the past years, and then fans in future decades will look over the season-by-season results and wonder how Texas teams could play average to great for 10-12 games and then be force-fed **** sandwiches against Oklahoma....

That's a distinct possibility regarding winning remaining games. Iowa St. could be a battle because of their defense (mostly coaching and linebackers), but the UT offense should be very productive against every one else if Ash can handle things with the wrist injury to his non-throwing arm.

MamaMia
10/15/2012, 09:55 AM
Thanks. I thought we would win by a TD or 2. Goes to show what I know.

redkid
10/15/2012, 09:59 AM
Hard to survive as commander when your your troops are deserting and in a all out retreat.

Prodigal
10/15/2012, 10:15 AM

I agree with this. I think this was the tipping point. I don't think new coordinators is an option right now that will work. I think Mack's ego put Texas in a position a few years ago that cost them a good head coach and ended up putting them in the Joe Paterno arena with respect to taking the program out of the top tier.

I think most people who have been watching this series for the last 14 years knew what was coming after the 95 yard run. I think Mack and the texas players knew it also.

For you guys, keep in mind that it is when things look the worst that they often turn around very soon (us with coach Blake, this series after 2004, this series after 2009, etc.). I was there in 1998 when the Texas fans chanted "keep coach Blake", and I think if the OU fans had chanted "keep Mack Brown" when the game got out of hand it would have almost guaranteed his exit.

Herr Scholz
10/15/2012, 10:36 AM
Phil Fulmer's probably a good comparison. He won that one title, had a decade of 10-win seasons, but more times than not finished 2nd in his division (behind Spurrier, us behind Stoops). Then it started going downhill for him and he couldn't get it back.

Mack has won 2 conference titles in 15 years. John Mackovic won 2 in 6. Think about that for a second. Time for a change.

Fraggle145
10/15/2012, 10:54 AM
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k611/neckbreakerjones/stoop.jpg

Jason White's Third Knee
10/15/2012, 11:00 AM
Way to man-up, Herr. Good luck.

Curly Bill
10/15/2012, 11:07 AM

Wow! I hope that's not the case, and frankly I don't see it, though yeah...it probably should be done.

Sabanball
10/15/2012, 11:11 AM
I think you've nailed it, Herr. Mack hit his ceiling 7 yrs ago--it's time to make a change.

Seamus
10/15/2012, 11:15 AM
I don't often give green spek to horns, but when I do, it goes to Herr.

That took some cajones, mate.

soonersam
10/15/2012, 11:19 AM
I dont blame their fans demanding better from their team! It sure is fun beating the ever living crap out of them in a very embarrassing way, but that should never happen to Texas after 10 straight years of top 5 recruiting classes!

But god darn it sure is fun to watch the melt down!

prrriiide
10/15/2012, 11:27 AM
Phil Fulmer's probably a good comparison. He won that one title, had a decade of 10-win seasons, but more times than not finished 2nd in his division (behind Spurrier, us behind Stoops). Then it started going downhill for him and he couldn't get it back.

Mack has won 2 conference titles in 15 years. John Mackovic won 2 in 6. Think about that for a second. Time for a change.

It's similar situation in the ways you mention. The big difference between Mack and Phattus is that Phattus just flat out was out-recruited by everyone including Vandy and Lube-U. He got lazy and complacent, and by the time he got fired the Vols cupboard was a barren, cob-webby wasteland.

SoonerMarkVA
10/15/2012, 12:09 PM

I think you nailed it with the "trickle down" explanation. ut's teams have always seemed soft under Mack, save various individuals whose personalities just made them chiseled. I'll say, though, being positive is great; it's being positive and happy-go-lucky that creates the problem. Mack's methods just don't forge tough, steely determination.

That said, I love Mack! :)

BoulderSooner79
10/15/2012, 12:27 PM
The horn problem is not a sense of entitlement. That was the issue a couple of years ago when they went 5-7. Mack identified the problem and fixed it.

badger
10/15/2012, 12:29 PM
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k611/neckbreakerjones/stoop.jpg

“I am here to announce my commitment to play football at The University of Texas. I’m very excited about this opportunity. I feel very blessed and I’m looking forward to a great opportunity to get a great education at Texas and also the chance to play football at one of the best universities in the nation.”

“It’s been my dream to be a Longhorn ever since I was a little kid, ever since I moved here to Austin. It’s just a real blessing and as soon as I got the offer, I knew that that’s where I wanted to go.”

:mack:

MamaMia
10/15/2012, 12:33 PM
We got thouroughly whipped in all phases on Saturday. That's the 4th one of those I've attended since 2000. Getting kind of old. Good luck the rest of the season.So, how long did you stay at the stadium? :pop:

swardboy
10/15/2012, 12:48 PM
f 'off horn

:very_drunk: Just kidding...still drunk with happiness.

KantoSooner
10/15/2012, 01:14 PM
Hey Herr, Have you heard from Lid recently? I'd be intrigued with his take on the game. A little cruelly, but not completelly overboard.

JiminyChristmas
10/15/2012, 01:28 PM

Some posted his names is Manny Iaz cause there aint no D :very_drunk:

One of the funniest things I saw from a whorn fan during the beatdown said "we're taking it straight up Diaz".

Awesome.

Herr Scholz
10/15/2012, 01:31 PM
So, how long did you stay at the stadium? :pop:

Left at halftime and gave my ticket to the beer girl inside the pavilion. That was the 4th rout I've witnessed since 2000. I knew where it was headed.

Herr Scholz
10/15/2012, 01:44 PM
Hey Herr, Have you heard from Lid recently? I'd be intrigued with his take on the game. A little cruelly, but not completelly overboard.

No, the only place I ever saw him was over here.

KantoSooner
10/15/2012, 02:03 PM
Well, I suppose a bow-tied Dallas attorney with UT ties shouldn't be too hard to find....

BoulderSooner79
10/15/2012, 02:08 PM
Lid just filed a suit against the UT athletic department for freud. He claims they failed to use funds to field a football team as promised.

DarrellZero
10/15/2012, 02:16 PM
Lid just filed a suit against the UT athletic department for freud.

Gotta be a joke in there somewhere.

cleller
10/15/2012, 02:18 PM
Who was the other horn that used to mix it up over here all the time? The "wait-till-Chance-Mock-gets-ahold-of-you" guy?

tator
10/15/2012, 02:23 PM
Lid just filed a suit against the UT athletic department for freud. He claims they failed to use funds to field a football team as promised.

Makes sense that Freud wouldn't file his own suit, in that he's dead. Not clear on why he cares about Whorn football, though.

picasso
10/15/2012, 02:24 PM
Former OU QB Steve Davis was in our store last Thursday. He said that he thought OU would roll Texas, and he's not a hyperbole type.
I spoke to him prior to the BCS title game in 2008 and he said we would need some luck to beat Florida.

cherokeebrewer
10/15/2012, 02:25 PM
If Mack's presser this morning is any indication, he will not go gracefully...

BoulderSooner79
10/15/2012, 02:48 PM

Gotta be a joke in there somewhere.

Absolutely. Misspelling 'fraud' is some of my best work. Fraudian slip?

Statalyzer
10/15/2012, 04:12 PM
One of the funniest things I saw from a whorn fan during the beatdown said "we're taking it straight up Diaz".

Damn, that's actually pretty funny.

fossil
10/15/2012, 08:19 PM
Hey, anyone heard from LIDIGATOR lately?. Haven't seen him lurking in the longest. Is he still with us?

Soonermagik
10/15/2012, 08:25 PM
Hey, anyone heard from LIDIGATOR lately?. Haven't seen him lurking in the longest. Is he still with us?

That dude quit on his team about 3 years ago. I just think he couldn't handle the OU thrashings over and over. It's too bad, because I thought Lid.. like Herr is a solid fan.

OUinFLA
10/15/2012, 08:34 PM
lid is on hornfans, but not here.
too bad.
except for one inebriated evening he was always a clever knowledgable opponent.

we used to bet on the game. One year I lost a bow tie to him. As long as it was orange, it was my choice. I got one with black pumpkins with the promise he would wear it in court.
the next year I received a really nice OU throw blanket.
I miss those bets. especially the last 3 years.

8timechamps
10/15/2012, 08:38 PM
Herr, my man...thanks for the congrats, but really, all we did was watch :)

Seriously though, I've joked about wanting the Horns to keep Mack, but I'm not kidding when I say it's time for him to go. Part of what makes the RRR so great is (was) that it usually featured two pretty damn good teams (and on occasion, two great teams). The beat downs have been fun, don't get me wrong, but like anything, it can lose it's luster. I didn't think there would be a time when I wanted the Horns to get better, but it's come to that.

I don't know if I should say "good luck", or not. I'm thinking if Texas wins out, then Mack buys another year. So, will "Hope you lose the rest of your games" work?

BigTip
10/15/2012, 08:47 PM
Herr, my man...thanks for the congrats, but really, all we did was watch :)

Seriously though, I've joked about wanting the Horns to keep Mack, but I'm not kidding when I say it's time for him to go. Part of what makes the RRR so great is (was) that it usually featured two pretty damn good teams (and on occasion, two great teams). The beat downs have been fun, don't get me wrong, but like anything, it can lose it's luster. I didn't think there would be a time when I wanted the Horns to get better, but it's come to that.

I don't know if I should say "good luck", or not. I'm thinking if Texas wins out, then Mack buys another year. So, will "Hope you lose the rest of your games" work?

Let's not let it get TOO competitive. 59–43–5 . We still have some catching up to do.

8timechamps
10/15/2012, 09:07 PM
Let's not let it get TOO competitive. 59–43–5 . We still have some catching up to do.

Don't get me wrong, I still want the game to be over by half time...but maybe a competitive game through the first quarter would be a good start.

Herr Scholz
10/16/2012, 08:50 AM

Completely. He appears to be dug in like a tick at this point.

KantoSooner
10/16/2012, 09:35 AM
I can respect the urge to stay and 'fix what's wrong', but at some point, maybe post season, someone he trusts should bring a bottle of whisky, go to his office and explain to him that a big piece of what's wrong is ... him.
I've made my share of nasty remarks about Mack, but he's essentially a good man. Loves his wife (so far as I know), is kind to children and small animals, chews with his mouth closed.
I hope Texas can find a dignified way to usher him out the door.

If not this year, then sometime in the next decade or so.

(you didn't think I'd be nice the whole way through, did you?)

StoopTroup
10/16/2012, 10:56 AM

You should go to all the ones coming up too.

MountainOkie
10/16/2012, 11:28 AM
Absolutely. Misspelling 'fraud' is some of my best work. Fraudian slip?

Yes, you stumbled on the most hilarious freudian slip ever. Though you can't really take credit for what your subconcious does.

BoomerJack
10/16/2012, 11:45 AM

Sounds like somebody has an ego problem. But then, with UT's record in football over the last 2-3 years, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of folks in burnt organge have some ego problems these days.

PLaw
10/16/2012, 01:55 PM

Nice man up, Herr. Thank you for the kind words.

Boomer!