PDA

View Full Version : That Cheap *** Last Second Touchdown

Judge Smails
10/14/2012, 09:52 PM
I hope that cheap azz last second touchdown Mack just had to score on us after getting so badly beaten will be used as a rallying cry for next years RRS.

If I was on the team I would tape a picture of that on my ceiling and look at it every night and dream of the hell I will unleash because of that at next years game.

8timechamps
10/14/2012, 09:56 PM
I hope that cheap azz last second touchdown Mack just had to score on us after getting so badly beaten will be used as a rallying cry for next years RRS.

If I was on the team I would tape a picture of that on my ceiling and look at it every night and dream of the hell I will unleash because of that at next years game.

The best thing I heard on ESPN yesterday, was Reece Davis talking about the highlights. When the highlights finished, and the score came up, he said "Texas scored a completely worthless garbage TD at the end, so don't let the points fool you, it was a beat down".

The added "completely worthless" made me smile. Because anyone that watched the game knows how true that is.

SCOUT
10/14/2012, 09:57 PM
I am glad he did it. Some of the kids that had that rubbed in their face will be the starters in the years to come. The extra level of hate will only add to their fervor for the game.

VA Sooner
10/14/2012, 09:59 PM
Should have hung a 100 on them.

Judge Smails
10/14/2012, 10:04 PM
Next year we leave the first team offense in a little longer and get that one back. And don't stop the O until we see the 70's.

Sooner70
10/14/2012, 10:55 PM
Yeah, I live near Houston, & a co-worker (he graduated from NMexico State, so no TX ties) said he didn't understand why Stoops left Landry in so long & was passing the ball to the end. I told him he obviously didn't understand one of the primary laws of the OU-Texas rivalry. "What's the rule?", he said. "One can never score enough points on Texas", I said. I'd like to have seen 70.

BoulderSooner79
10/14/2012, 11:02 PM
I'll give them a pass on that one. They knew Ash was hurt and would most likely be relying on McCoy for at least a few games. I would have tried to get him more snaps too as well as run the 2-minute drill.

But I still use it for BB material if I were OU too ;)

SCOUT
10/14/2012, 11:37 PM
Boulder is right, on both accounts. They weren't wrong for doing it, but there will be consequences. IMO

soonercastor
10/14/2012, 11:53 PM
would have loved to see blake bell get more snaps in the 4th as well, but I'm completely OK with Landry getting that TD on his last drive.

soonerboomer93
10/14/2012, 11:55 PM
If we didn't want them to score that last second touch down, the D should have stopped them.

OU_Sooners75
10/14/2012, 11:55 PM
I personally hope it helps him keep his job!

I want Mack Brown to the HMFIC at texas until he dies!

BoulderSooner79
10/15/2012, 12:34 AM
If we didn't want them to score that last second touch down, the D should have stopped them.

And taking it further, it's good for our backup D players to get more snaps in more situations. And they get in there after our 1st string has dominated the game and it shows them they need to work to get to that level - it ain't that easy.

Jacie
10/15/2012, 06:01 AM
I don't begrudge them for trying to score again and probably would have lambasted OUr coach in a similar situation had he not done tried to score.

The whorns are officially in trouble as far as the rest of this season will play out. There's a reason Mack eventually went with Ash at the end of 2011 and for this year. Case at QB is not the answer for them and it will cost them dearly down the stretch. Whorns still have Kansas on the schedule so they should get that fifth win, but another 5-7 record is possible for them now. Mack is toast.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/15/2012, 06:10 AM
Mack didn't do it because Case needed the reps, he did it because he is a cheap and tacky bastage. Reps aren't going to help Case's pansy arm strength and he played enough last season to show he can't get the job done. They're in for a long season, especially since Oklahoma not only decimated them mentally, but physically as well. Regardless, Ash's wrist injury wasn't on his throwing arm, so wrap that baby up and get back out there.

BoulderSooner79
10/15/2012, 07:08 AM
Mack didn't do it because Case needed the reps, he did it because he is a cheap and tacky bastage. Reps aren't going to help Case's pansy arm strength and he played enough last season to show he can't get the job done. They're in for a long season, especially since Oklahoma not only decimated them mentally, but physically as well. Regardless, Ash's wrist injury wasn't on his throwing arm, so wrap that baby up and get back out there.

So you can read minds? Awesome, but I'd recommend reading someone other than Mack's if you have a choice in the matter.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/15/2012, 07:55 AM
So you can read minds? Awesome, but I'd recommend reading someone other than Mack's if you have a choice in the matter.

BoulderSooner79, given that I knew you were going to respond with those exact words, why yes, yes I can.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
10/15/2012, 07:59 AM
I personally hope it helps him keep his job!

I want Mack Brown to the HMFIC at texas until he dies!

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

BoulderSooner79
10/15/2012, 08:09 AM
BoulderSooner79, given that I knew you were going to respond with those exact words, why yes, yes I can.

I feel honored that you chose to read my mind. But you already knew that.

PrideMom
10/15/2012, 08:57 AM
OU had the whole second defensive team in to let Texas score two touchdowns. The score could have been even worse for Texas!! Quit whining! If you don't want to be scored on, STOP US!!

Statalyzer
10/15/2012, 09:41 AM
I'll give them a pass on that one. They knew Ash was hurt and would most likely be relying on McCoy for at least a few games. I would have tried to get him more snaps too as well as run the 2-minute drill.

Exactly ... expecting a team to kneel it there instead of letting the subs try to make a play would be silly.

But I still use it for BB material if I were OU too

For one thing, that is the weakest BB material imaginable. "Those bastards scored on our 2nd team when we were clobbering them!"

For another thing, do you guys need any BB material to beat the **** out of us?

thecrimsoncrusader
10/15/2012, 09:56 AM
I would of had a lot more respect for Mack Brown's decisions if he would have instructed Case to throw two pick sixes in a row. And my goodness, those floaters he throws should be picked off. Ash is the starter for a very good reason and that's just one of many.

birddog
10/15/2012, 01:28 PM
Exactly ... expecting a team to kneel it there instead of letting the subs try to make a play would be silly.

For one thing, that is the weakest BB material imaginable. "Those bastards scored on our 2nd team when we were clobbering them!"

i agree with this post. how dare the whorns try to score on us!! doesn't matter the score or circumstances. you do what you can when you're completely humiliated.

my only bitch? i really wanted to see 70. we've scored in the 60's enough. 70 is just a completely different level of humiliation.

70-2. i like the sound of that.

Soonerjeepman
10/15/2012, 02:07 PM
Stoops had a smirk on his face when Mack called the TO with 4 sec left...course like others said, we didn't want them scoring then stop them...and yes if reversed I would have wanted us to try as well....never quit.

Jason White's Third Knee
10/15/2012, 02:33 PM
Yeah, I live near Houston, & a co-worker (he graduated from NMexico State, so no TX ties) said he didn't understand why Stoops left Landry in so long & was passing the ball to the end. I told him he obviously didn't understand one of the primary laws of the OU-Texas rivalry. "What's the rule?", he said. "One can never score enough points on Texas", I said. I'd like to have seen 70.

We have a loss and we are trying to get to the NC. Utter destruction and devastation impress voters. Take your foot off the gas and the win looks less impressive. Plus, it's texas.

Statalyzer
10/15/2012, 04:09 PM
doesn't matter the score or circumstances. you do what you can when you're completely humiliated.

As long as you don't trash talk, get a moral victory out of it, or celebrate like it meant something (aka Melvin Bullitt doing a dance during the 77-0 game when he made a stop)....

FaninAma
10/15/2012, 04:19 PM

Mike should have called a jail break blitz on young McCoy's arse.

olevetonahill
10/15/2012, 04:21 PM
Raggin on em fer keepin on aint cool, What would Yall have done if Clapper had ,had em take a knee?

Carry on with yer merry makin now ,:very_drunk:

OUNASH
10/15/2012, 09:16 PM
In the big scheme of things it really doesnt matter. The Whorns know they got their butts kicked end of story.

mainline13
10/15/2012, 09:17 PM

Ash has a throwing arm?

WA. Sooner
10/15/2012, 09:22 PM
As long as the clock is running they should try to score and we should try to stop them. Same with us, as long as the clock is running, we should try to score

mainline13
10/15/2012, 09:23 PM
As long as you don't trash talk, get a moral victory out of it, or celebrate like it meant something (aka Melvin Bullitt doing a dance during the 77-0 game when he made a stop)....

That one still pisses me off. Donta Hickson had obviously been told to run in place until tackled, and that bad-*** slammed him down and then crowed about it (down 77-0, as you said).

I hope that dude gets ***-raped every night, once he gets to prison. And you know he will get to prison.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/15/2012, 10:06 PM
(aka Melvin Bullitt doing a dance during the 77-0 game when he made a stop)....

Johnny Jolly. Fat lump o' sh** DT for aTm that became a fat lump o' cheesy sh** DT for Green Bay.

Salt City Sooner
10/15/2012, 10:14 PM
Actually, they both did it:

Bullitt:

RPquR4eXa84

Jolly:

yerLvBMrDII

CincySooner
10/16/2012, 08:08 AM
Speaking of getting a chuckle out of the ESPN hosts...

They cut away from the game in Cincinnati at the start of the 4th quarter for a more competitive game. They had John Saunders do a short pre-amble explaining why they were cutting away. Before the final cut-away though, he said something to the effect of "we'll obviously come back to this game is saxeT makes a run or if Oklahoma approaches the century mark"

that made me chuckle

thecrimsoncrusader
10/16/2012, 08:38 AM
Ash has a throwing arm?

Yes, he has a throwing arm, just not a passing arm.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/16/2012, 12:25 PM
Actually, they both did it:

Bullitt:

YOUTUBE

Jolly:

YOUTUBE

Of course. We must keep in mind aggroids always carry around morons in multiples.

Sooners78
10/16/2012, 01:42 PM
I have absolutely no problem with them trying to score at the end. That being said, both of Case's TDs were against our #2s, so the beatdown was even more epic than the score suggests.

MountainOkie
10/16/2012, 01:52 PM
:shrug: It's part of the game. You don't like it then don't play the game.

Stoops had the appropriate reaction: humor. Why give the team you beat the hell out of the satisfaction of making you angry over an inconsequential late TD?

BoulderSooner79
10/16/2012, 02:21 PM
:shrug: It's part of the game. You don't like it then don't play the game.

Stoops had the appropriate reaction: humor. Why give the team you beat the hell out of the satisfaction of making you angry over an inconsequential late TD?

^This. Every OU and horn fan knows the extent of the beating. The fact that ABC switched to a "more competitive game" with so much time left made sure the entire country knew it too.

SoonerStormchaser
10/16/2012, 02:30 PM

That was Johnny Jolly, I thought.

Statalyzer
10/16/2012, 03:14 PM
That was Johnny Jolly, I thought.

See the videos posted previously by Salt City Sooner. Bullitt went all shaking and fist pumping around after 3rd down and Jolly went overboard on the tackling dramatics and then did a little strut on 4th down.

Dio
10/17/2012, 04:15 PM

Nah, but it does make it more fun