PDA

View Full Version : Alabama's Fanning purposely slams Missouri player on head

MamaMia
10/14/2012, 07:51 PM
What a thug. How does he not get ejected for this? Thank God the player he did that to didn't end up with a broken neck, or a spinal injury.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/alabama-player-decides-good-idea-drop-missouri-running-221103677--ncaaf.html

StoopTroup
10/14/2012, 07:55 PM
I thought tigers were like cats and always landed on their paws?

MyT Oklahoma
10/14/2012, 09:06 PM
Ouch!

MamaMia
10/14/2012, 09:07 PM
I thought tigers were like cats and always landed on their paws?Not the ones painted on their helmets!

StoopTroup
10/14/2012, 09:17 PM
:D

8timechamps
10/14/2012, 09:30 PM
The case of a kid trying to show how great he is because he gets a little playing time. I'm sure there will be a suspension from the league (well, I'd be surprised if there wasn't). It did look like the Missouri lineman pushed him around for the couple of plays after that one. He pretty much got owned after that. He's just lucky the RB didn't land on his head.

StoopTroup
10/14/2012, 09:54 PM
I was watching Fox NFL Pre-Game Today and they were talking about players that cut even Defensive players that can't see them, getting not just a call for it but a $10,000 fine.

There are so many little cheap shots in Football that people who just watch usually don't know about until they wipe a guy out for his career and the media or Coaches begin to make a big deal out of it.

In this case....it's obvious he put a Greco Roman Wrestling move on the guy....

Should be a suspension at the very least.

VA Sooner
10/14/2012, 09:59 PM
Definitely a cheap shot. Should have been ejected.

Suspended for sure... needs to sit in a quiet corner and think about what football is really all about, son.

OU_Sooners75
10/14/2012, 10:11 PM
Damn good belly to back suplex. But very uncalled for in football. Glad the rb didn't get hurt. Leave freestyle wrestling on the mat.

Breadburner
10/14/2012, 10:18 PM
Way to wrap him up....

TheHumanAlphabet
10/14/2012, 10:22 PM
Uncalled for, welcome the SEC Mizzou.

Fraggle145
10/14/2012, 10:29 PM
Remember what UW did to Granger... Surprised that didnt happen here.

VA Sooner
10/14/2012, 10:33 PM
What ever happened to Granger?

MamaMia
10/14/2012, 10:59 PM
What ever happened to Granger?http://newsok.com/ous-granger-injured-in-second-quarter/article/3297793

FirstandGoal
10/14/2012, 11:23 PM
I kinda like how he got mauled on the next 2 plays and the refs pretended they didn't see it.
Even after he said something to them about it.

Sabanball
10/14/2012, 11:40 PM
Agreed about what should happen on the Fanning incident, it was totally uncalled for-- but I think you all might be confusing two different plays. He will probably receive a suspension by the SEC office-- and disciplinary action from Coach Saban--I suspect it will be announced sometime on monday. He is 3rd or 4th at his position on the depth chart and was only in the game in mop-up duty after we were up big. The serious potential HEAD injury was during the last minute of the game when Mizzou TE Eric Waters was tackled cleanly near the sidelines and apparently suffered a concussion when he slammed his head against the turf. Now THAT was a scary moment....he had to be put on a stretcher and was basically motionless for 10 minutes. Mizzou fans say that his MRI came back good today and he evidently just got his bell rung...

Eielson
10/14/2012, 11:49 PM
http://newsok.com/ous-granger-injured-in-second-quarter/article/3297793

That was ridiculous. Some major suspensions should have been handed out.

MamaMia
10/14/2012, 11:50 PM
Agreed about what should happen on the Fanning incident, but I think you all might be confusing two different plays. He will probably receive a suspension by the SEC office-- and disciplinary action from Coach Saban. He is 3rd or 4th at his position on the depth chart and was only in the game in mop-up duty after we were up big. The more serious potential injury was during the last minute of the game when Mizzou TE Eric Waters was tackled cleanly near the sidelines and apparently suffered a concussion when he slammed his head against the turf. Now THAT was a scary moment....he had to put on a stretcher and was basically motionless for 10 minutes. Thank goodness his MRI came back good and he evidently just got his bell rung... We are obviously talking about this play.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...77--ncaaf.html

Sabanball
10/15/2012, 12:02 AM
Yes, MM, that's the one. He will more than likely face a suspension and will likely be announced by the conference on monday after they've had a chance to review it at the offices in Bham. It was a potentially very dangerous play and I'm quite sure that will be impressed upon the young man.

The game at Mizzou yesterday was very quircky and a lot of unusual things happened.....

Sabanball
10/15/2012, 12:06 AM
That was ridiculous. Some major suspensions should have been handed out.

Suspensions are usually handed out by the commisioner on mondays after the game....

MamaMia
10/15/2012, 12:09 AM
Yes, MM, that's the one. He will more than likely face a suspension and will likely be announced by the conference on monday after they've had a chance to review it at the offices in Bham. It was a potentially very dangerous play and I'm quite sure that will be impressed upon the young man.

The game at Mizzou yesterday was very quircky and a lot of unusual things happened..... Have you heard any news from other sources on this?

Sabanball
10/15/2012, 12:15 AM
Have you heard any news from other sources on this?

No, I have not, that's just the word I'm hearing out of Tuscaloosa. We should hear something official tomorrow.

By the way, heard UT player Brandon Moore had to be carted off the field yesterday. What's the latest on his condition? He's a former Bama player...

EatLeadCommie
10/15/2012, 12:27 AM
Suplex, baby! Automatic pin!

Except this isn't wrestling.

MamaMia
10/15/2012, 12:29 AM
No, I have not, that's just the word I'm hearing out of Tuscaloosa. We should hear something official tomorrow.

By the way, heard UT player Brandon Moore had to be carted off the field yesterday. What's the latest on his condition? He's a former Bama player...Here's the thread...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?172109-Injured-Horn-o-lineman&p=3529620#post3529620

MamaMia
10/16/2012, 12:02 AM
Saben made him apologize.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2012/10/tides_lamichael_fanning_has_ap.html

If I wasn't a Sooner, I would be a Crimson Tide fan. (Crimson Brethren). I had the best time ever attending the last OU/Bama game in Tuscaloosa. The fans could not have been more welcoming, and I will always cheer for them, unless we are playing them. More importantly however, I am also the Godmother of an up and coming high school football player. Its my opinion that LaMichael Fanning should have been benched right then and there. The apology is a nice gesture, but he could have seriously injured that young man if he hadn't tucked his head in. I hope he gets some type of sanction for this. There needs to be serious consequences to this type of behavior. This is NOT what football is suppose to be about. I do think it was a good move and nice gesture to apologize, but there is no place in football for this type of extreme behavior.