PDA

View Full Version : The current UT narrative

Widescreen
10/14/2012, 06:36 PM
It seems that the horn fans are really angry about this loss because of two things: this OU team is horrible and they let an average RB (D. Williams) run all over them. They could be correct on the first point - we'll know after a few more games who,this team is. But DW is hardly average. I guess since they never heard of him, he must not be any good.

MamaMia
10/14/2012, 06:41 PM
Texas fans have never had a correct opinion of anything OU. They don't even have a correct opinion of themselves.

8timechamps
10/14/2012, 06:41 PM
It seems that the horn fans are really angry about this loss because of two things: this OU team is horrible and they let an average RB (D. Williams) run all over them. They could be correct on the first point - we'll know after a few more games who,this team is. But DW is hardly average. I guess since they never heard of him, he must not be any good.

I've seen this too. Most whorn fans would never admit OU is any good, even if/when we humiliate them. Are we really that good? Like you said, we'll see. Is DW 'average'? Um, did they watch the game? (lol, probably not).

This is the most angry I've seen their fan base. There are a few realistic folks that admit OU could be a special team, and that they have been overrated for years, but those fans are few and far between.

rock on sooner
10/14/2012, 07:11 PM
Texas fans have never had a correct opinion of anything OU. They don't even have a correct opinion of themselves.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OUNASH
10/14/2012, 07:16 PM
Who cares what the whorns think. If a butt kicking didnt show you anything than nothing will.

MountainOkie
10/14/2012, 07:19 PM
So what's their excuse for their crud-tacular offense?

Breadburner
10/14/2012, 07:21 PM
The Staff....!!

MountainOkie
10/14/2012, 07:24 PM
The Staff....!!

The one-armed man...!!

VA Sooner
10/14/2012, 07:31 PM
I'm seeing some of the coaches in the hot seat now... especially the defensive coordinator.

Need to teach the kids how to tackle... we should send Jefferson over there for a clinic.

Then again... I like keeping them shrouded in mystery for the next several Red River Routs.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/14/2012, 07:35 PM
Texas fans have never had a correct opinion of anything OU. They don't even have a correct opinion of themselves.Seems to me that people that hate OU (pretty much all non OU fans)are almost always harder on the team than even the Sooner fans are who want, and almost demand excellence.

For example, I know several Sooner haters who are certain that B. Stoops is a bum, bad coach who can't win the important games. As a fan, I'm not at all convinced of that. He did it once, came dam*ed close 2 other times, and of course TGTWDND. He's 9-5 against the cows, and has humiliated them 4 times. I can't explain the 2 games I can think of when the team quit, of course, or those trap(txtech) games, but, he's the most successful coach in the conference, and i can only think of a handful of college coaches who I think are as or more able.

BoulderSooner79
10/14/2012, 07:40 PM
I've peeked over at shaggybevo for sh*ts and grins. It seems what irked a lot of them the most was the Belldozer. The fact that they knew exactly what was coming, but couldn't stop it was too much to endure. Then for the racist types (reverse racists?), the fact that Bell is white was the final straw. I'm not too surprised because it seems the fans that get the angriest are the ones that worship the macho side of football the most. The Belldozer is as macho, mano-on-mano, here-we-come-just-try-to-stop-us football as it gets, and they lost that battle big time.

King Crimson
10/14/2012, 07:44 PM
texas fans have this idea that they are aristocrats and that everyone from oklahoma lives off 7-11 hot dogs and sleeps in a hollow log.

delusion is kinda their whole thing.

that's how the UT magic is. if anyone knows how to polish a fat stinky turd...it's ut fan.

i do think, to steal a phrase, Mack's wholesome little league aw shucks demeanor is getting a little old for UT fans that care. when we put 50+ on manny diaz for the second year in a row and ut has as many rushing yards as turnovers at halftime....these are not amazing young gun coordinator hires.

i will say that even when we owned the chris simms/benson/roy williams teams...they were physical and we earned it.

these Texas teams look soft to me. soft like we are sometimes...so i'm well trained to see it.

Sabanball
10/14/2012, 07:54 PM
On one of their discussion boards that I was reading last night there were some of them actually blaming the loss to you guys on Colt McCoy going down in the 2010 BCS CG--I'm not kidding....

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/119640-Colt-s-injury-against-Bama

Jacie
10/14/2012, 07:57 PM
How did all that 3-, 4- and 5-star talent get so bad? On sheer athleticism alone they should have managed to do something, I mean other than against OUr subs. They couldn't block, couldn't tackle, couldn't catch a cold if you sneezed on em. Did they all forget everything they were coached to do in highschool? Last time I saw a team look that inept, it was Capitol Hill in the midst of a 53-game losing streak in 1970. Those fans should be angry, not just with their coaches, players and administration but with themselves for letting complacency take over that program. Let's all admit it, the whorns are a bigger embarrassment to the Big XII than Kansas. For sure, there will be some kind of shakeout down in Austin, just a matter of how far the bloodletting must go to satisfy there AD-for-life, Deloss Dodds.

BoulderSooner79
10/14/2012, 07:59 PM
On one of their discussion boards that I was reading last night there were some of them actually blaming the loss to you guys on Colt McCoy going down in the 2010 BCS CG--I'm not kidding....

Then I guess we owe you a debt of gratitude...

:)

Sabanball
10/14/2012, 08:02 PM
Then I guess we owe you a debt of gratitude...

:)

Go back and read the link that I added--those guys are more than delusional and are not living in reality....

kevpks
10/14/2012, 08:03 PM
I don't trust evaluation of running back talent from a Longhorn fanbase that is on their fifth "next Adrian Peterson."

OUNASH
10/14/2012, 08:04 PM

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/119640-Colt-s-injury-against-Bama
I saw that too, what a bunch of retards. You can blame bad coaching for their lack of performance.

King Crimson
10/14/2012, 08:10 PM
i will never get over the ridiculous personal foul calls on anyone touching Saint Colt....in 08.

i'm not a home-cooking guy, but for real? how many horn drives are kept alive by that nonsense?

that's King Crimson's total homer moment for the day.

King Crimson
10/14/2012, 08:12 PM
I don't trust evaluation of running back talent from a Longhorn fanbase that is on their fifth "next Adrian Peterson."

little Earl Ced Benson never beat us either.

10/14/2012, 08:14 PM
i will say that even when we owned the chris simms/benson/roy williams teams...they were physical and we earned it.

these Texas teams look soft to me. soft like we are sometimes...so i'm well trained to see it.I don't think Mack works those kids enough. They almost always do have a sense of entitlement, and we've found out the hard way teams can and will beat you if you're not adequately prepared to play them. I hope we take lowly KU seriously this sat. They gave us a rough enough time last year.

10/14/2012, 08:18 PM
i will never get over the ridiculous personal foul calls on anyone touching Saint Colt....in 08.

i'm not a home-cooking guy, but for real? how many horn drives are kept alive by that nonsense?

that's King Crimson's total homer moment for the day.What stunned me was that we DIDN'T get anally torched by the refs last sat. It was the cleanest refereeing I can remember in the RRS.

SoonerorLater
10/14/2012, 08:42 PM
Another from Shaggy Bevo, This guy has to be the classic Longhorn Fan.

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/119687-I-will-fistfight-any-of-you-motherfukers-riggt-now

Judge Smails
10/14/2012, 08:48 PM

I KNEW THEY WOULD BLAME IT ON THIS!!! Stupid **** Suckers.

Widescreen
10/14/2012, 09:07 PM
I hope we take lowly KU seriously this sat. They gave us a rough enough time last year.

You mean that rough time when we were -3 on turnovers and still beat them by 30 and outyarded them 610 to 252?

SoonerinSouthlake
10/14/2012, 09:07 PM
It was so funny to be there yesterday. The fans had SUCH a posture of confidence. More than their usual arrogance. You could sense that they just "knew" they would dominate.

It might have been one of the better "whorn watching" days at the fair post game.

StoopTroup
10/14/2012, 09:11 PM

that's King Crimson's total homer moment for the day.

I don't think you're being a homer at all. I was at that Game. I couldn't believe those calls and when I got Home to watch the replay....it made me sick to see it again. Sometimes it just seems to feel like a Referee Unit isn't calling a game fairly. That day was one IMO. I can get by with Games that feel like there were a few bad calls but when it's so bad that a Team couldn't over come the calls....that's when I feel they haven't done a good job of keeping it fair and instead have given the other Team an unfair advantage.

picasso
10/14/2012, 09:15 PM
Damien Williams is the real deal. They just illustrated their ignorance because he apparently wasn't a five star recruit offered by the coveted Texas Longhorns.

What a bunch of ****** rockets.

StoopTroup
10/14/2012, 09:16 PM
It was so funny to be there yesterday. The fans had SUCH a posture of confidence. More than their usual arrogance. You could sense that they just "knew" they would dominate.

It might have been one of the better "whorn watching" days at the fair post game.

I especially like it when the Wranglers are ironed with a crease, the burnt orange embroidered shirts are pressed with heavy starch, the Ostrich Boots are buffed to a nice polish and the stiff Straw Hats don't have a mark or look like they just came out of the box. Then later you find them laying on the grass outside the Food Court passed out with their Wife looking totally disgusted. :D

8timechamps
10/14/2012, 09:21 PM
What stunned me was that we DIDN'T get anally torched by the refs last sat. It was the cleanest refereeing I can remember in the RRS.

I'm still a little pissed off that OU (Hurst, I think) got called for a late hit on one of the kick-offs, and the hit on Justin Brown (the one that put him in the bench) didn't get called. I'm not sure either was a late hit, but I hate inconsistent officiating.

10/14/2012, 10:57 PM
You mean that rough time when we were -3 on turnovers and still beat them by 30 and outyarded them 610 to 252?I saw the game, too, and it was a bit tense for a long time. It should not have been that way, nor should it be again next sat.

10/14/2012, 11:03 PM
I'm still a little pissed off that OU (Hurst, I think) got called for a late hit on one of the kick-offs, and the hit on Justin Brown (the one that put him in the bench) didn't get called. I'm not sure either was a late hit, but I hate inconsistent officiating.The ref not calling late hit on the guy who pushed Brown? when out of bounds was the only bad call I noticed.

I'm not sure about the alleged late hit on Hurst? on a kickoff.

Sabanball
10/14/2012, 11:13 PM
What I thought was really funny after the game was when Mack Brown said, "This(game) wasn't me.."....Really, Mack?

Lol...Like I've said before. they haven't been the same since we beat them in 2010.

10/14/2012, 11:32 PM
What I thought was really funny after the game was when Mack Brown said, "This(game) wasn't me.."....Really, Mack?

Lol...Like I've said before. they haven't been the same since we beat them in 2010.They are the same. Mack's not a very good coach. Vince Young was the reason they beat the usucs in '05, and Mack just let Young do whatever he wanted, it looked like. They always have lots of talent on the team, as evidence by all the pros they have supplied the NFL. Very seldom do they ever get anywhere near the performance they should from the talent he has.

Widescreen
10/15/2012, 12:04 AM

Lol...Like I've said before. they haven't been the same since we beat them in 2010.
Yes, we get it. Virtually everything that happens across the landscape of college football is in some way a result of something Bama or some other SEC team has done.

10/15/2012, 12:14 AM
Yes, we get it. Virtually everything that happens across the landscape of college football is in some way a result of something Bama or some other SEC team has done.There might even be a few of us left who don't realize that. We are to be forgiven, I would hope, since we don't live down there where the good ones live.