PDA

View Full Version : Frank Shannon

MamaMia
10/14/2012, 10:48 AM
Can you believe this guy? What a player! I think we are going to see A LOT of great things out of him. Hes only a freshman too. Hes one of the players who is giving me tears of joy. :tears_of_joy:

VA Sooner
10/14/2012, 11:12 AM
Love this kid. Plays smart, plays hard... good instincts. Got a few good years ahead of us with him at mike.

BoulderSooner79
10/14/2012, 11:13 AM
Gotta love it. Wort's play yesterday was also refreshing. Maybe the competition raised his game or maybe the horns made a lot of our players look good ;)

jk the sooner fan
10/14/2012, 11:16 AM
i wonder if BV were still here if Shannon would be getting the playing time. M. Stoops doesnt have the loyalty obligation to Wort, or any others really

Seamus
10/14/2012, 11:19 AM
Loyalty is great up until the time it prevents the best/right players from being put in.

hawaii 5-0
10/14/2012, 11:21 AM
Gotta love it. Wort's play yesterday was also refreshing. Maybe the competition raised his game or maybe the horns made a lot of our players look good ;)

I agree completely. Maybe some competition by fellow players lit a fire under Wort.

Right now I give it up to Mike's coaching, getting his players ready to play.

5-0

jk the sooner fan
10/14/2012, 11:22 AM
Loyalty is great up until the time it prevents the best/right players from being put in.

i'm in full agreement - i think sometimes coaches dont know when exactly to make a move like that

FaninAma
10/14/2012, 11:36 AM
i wonder if BV were still here if Shannon would be getting the playing time. M. Stoops doesnt have the loyalty obligation to Wort, or any others really

Let's start a poll. I think we cn predict the results.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/14/2012, 01:06 PM
Loyalty is great up until the time it prevents the best/right players from being put in.One of the toughest parts of being a good coach is dealing with that issue. If you make a change and things turn out worse, THAT'S BAD!

SoonerInFortSmith
10/14/2012, 05:14 PM
I think Wort's play has something to do with being put in a better position. Seems like he has been used more as a blitzer the last couple of weeks and less as a Mike trying to chase a slot receiver across the field.

BoulderSooner79
10/14/2012, 06:55 PM
I think Wort's play has something to do with being put in a better position. Seems like he has been used more as a blitzer the last couple of weeks and less as a Mike trying to chase a slot receiver across the field.

No doubt. But he forced 2 fumbles with hard tackles while intentionally tugging on the ball. He was active on several other plays too.

SoonerInFortSmith
10/14/2012, 07:19 PM

No doubt. But he forced 2 fumbles with hard tackles while intentionally tugging on the ball. He was active on several other plays too.

I agree he played outstanding football. He actually looks more comfortable splitting time to me. Like he has confidence that he can carry out his new role. I think not having to try to cover wideouts is a load off his shoulders. Everything the Sooners are doing on defense looks to be going the right direction.

BillyBall
10/14/2012, 07:20 PM
Why don't you post at Slicks anymore? I love hearing your voice of reason...

SoonerInFortSmith
10/15/2012, 12:22 AM
Why don't you post at Slicks anymore? I love hearing your voice of reason...

Was that directed at me? If so, what is Slicks?