PDA

View Full Version : LWN RUMOR

PLaw
10/14/2012, 10:00 AM
That's right, per the Long WHORN Network

Mack Brown fires Manny Diaz at 0900, Monday.

BOOMER

Harris County Sooner
10/14/2012, 10:26 AM
The buck doesn't stop with Mack.

oudivesherpa
10/14/2012, 10:27 AM
Article in Sunday's Houston Chronicle on how long Mack Brown can surrive. If he loses big again, he's gone.

BoulderSooner79
10/14/2012, 11:17 AM

BOOMER

Well, ratz on a stick.

MamaMia
10/14/2012, 11:23 AM
Article in Sunday's Houston Chronicle on how long Mack Brown can surrive. If he loses big again, he's gone.

Double ratz on a stick. :D

arcman46
10/14/2012, 11:46 AM

BOOMER

But, But, But, Manny Diaz is a defensive guru. ROFLMAO

stoopified
10/14/2012, 11:51 AM

BOOMERFire him,hell! He will get a raise and contract extension through 2020 so he and Mack can go out together.

cyclonesooner
10/14/2012, 11:54 AM
Manny is da Bomb !

OU_Sooners75
10/14/2012, 12:04 PM
Please Uterus, don't fire Mack Brown or Manny Diaz!

StoopTroup
10/14/2012, 12:07 PM
Dear LWN...

MACK IS NOT THE PROBLEM!

LEAVE MACK BROWN ALONE!

http://pandemiclabs.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/picture-2.png

Thanks for OUr consideration...

Sincerely

Every OU Fan in the World

EatLeadCommie
10/14/2012, 12:23 PM
Austin doesn't have a coaching problem. It has an Austin problem. You simply cannot live in that city and go to school there without being sucked in, in some small part, to the laid back lifestyle. Austin does not breed intensity.

StoopTroup
10/14/2012, 12:36 PM
Austin doesn't have a coaching problem. It has an Austin problem. You simply cannot live in that city and go to school there without being sucked in, in some small part, to the laid back lifestyle. Austin should not breed.

FIFY

bluedogok
10/14/2012, 12:45 PM
I guess that you haven't worked in Austin, having lived in Dallas and Austin and doing a bunch of projects in Houston it is really no different than Dallas or Houston in terms of its "business culture". The development and tech industries there are the antithesis of "laid back" from my experience. Maybe for the athletes at UT it might be true but for most people there who are involved in business I just find that not realistic.

I still find it humorous that so many delusional Whorn fans can act so pious in thinking that the UT administration, coaches or players really does things that much differently than any other big time program. With some of the storied that I have heard from UT alums there is absolutely no difference in how they operate.

kevpks
10/14/2012, 01:37 PM
I think it's funny that UT fans keep referring to their school as a top 5 program. I can't think of any ranking related to wins on a football field where they are a top 5 program.

In any order: USC, OU, Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State

There are two or three others I would put ahead of Texas.

bluedogok
10/14/2012, 02:06 PM
This post on the Saban thread on Shaggy is pretty much a prime example of the entitlement mentality that is prominent at Texas and among their fan base.

Why is it just accepted that Nick Saban wouldn't come to Texas? I mean seriously, someone make a compelling argument why HC at Alabama is a better job than the HC at The University of Texas.

Texas beats the $#@! out of Alabama in every aspect. The only thing that Bama has over Texas is recent success on the field ($#@!).

Then there’s this. Assume he wins his 3rd MNC this year with Bama....what else does he have to prove at Bama? If he came to Texas, turned around this current $#@!-show, and delivered a National Championship within a few years, he would cement his legacy as the best college football coach in history.

Finally, the only thing that matters to Nick Saban is Nick Saban. Do you really think he has loyalty to the big southern dummies in Tuscaloosa? I say $#@! no. Texas can put together a package that would include more money, a better quality of life, and a chance to achieve uber-legendary status. I just don’t see how he wouldn’t take a good hard look if we came calling.

Some there actually believe the crap that Belmont feeds the them.

StoopTroup
10/14/2012, 02:34 PM
I guess that you haven't worked in Austin, having lived in Dallas and Austin and doing a bunch of projects in Houston it is really no different than Dallas or Houston in terms of its "business culture". The development and tech industries there are the antithesis of "laid back" from my experience. Maybe for the athletes at UT it might be true but for most people there who are involved in business I just find that not realistic.

I still find it humorous that so many delusional Whorn fans can act so pious in thinking that the UT administration, coaches or players really does things that much differently than any other big time program. With some of the storied that I have heard from UT alums there is absolutely no difference in how they operate.

I have Family all over Texas. My Mother (RIP) went to HS in Texas. She moved to Missouri where she met my Father and they like a RRSO settled on Tulsa to live and raise a Family. Austin is and always probably will be The Capitol of Texas. It isn't a cute College Town. It never will be. It's becoming like most cities in Texas....a hot concrete jungle that has little appeal other than it's Music Scene. It's a type of 2nd Nashville. When I think of Austin....I have never thought Texas University. I think Capitol of Texas. As Austin City Limits and the music scene grew I began to think of it as a music venue. Football? Nope. Even in the days of the SWC tu went around deluded, thinking they were something they are not. They have a lot of money to be sure but like talent....money doesn't buy championships. Championships come from sacrifice and rising up from the others who think they are great. The whorns inherently believe they are great. They always have and always will. It will never change. They might even get the upper hand on us a few times in the Cotton Bowl sometimes....but what will never go away is the 60 point plus *** whippings we have laid on them in the last decade and now the 50 and 60 point plus *** whipping they got at the start of this decade.

We will not go away and we will not be 2nd to them. We will continue to meet them at the Cotton Bowl and kick their *** every year until my family throws Oklahoma dirt over my casket.

TUCK FEXAS ! ! !

EatLeadCommie
10/14/2012, 02:35 PM

I don't doubt that, but the players at Texas aren't exactly immersed in Austin's business culture. There are just too many diversions in that town and too many ways to get into trouble.

bluedogok
10/14/2012, 02:52 PM
ST - I never got the feeling that Austin was a "college town" but then I didn't move there until 2003 well after the Austin population booms were in place. I have some friends who moved there from OKC in the late 80's and they admit it is a decidedly different Austin now than it was at the time they moved down there. Like I said in another thread, only the media still thinks UT rules all, if that was the case the ACL Fest wouldn't have been held on the same weekend as OU-Texas like it was this year. Austin the city has moved well past being UT-centric, in fact most of the people that I know there have no connection to the university and most were from somewhere other than Austin or even Texas.

StoopTroup
10/14/2012, 02:56 PM
ST - I never got the feeling that Austin was a "college town" but then I didn't move there until 2003 well after the Austin population booms were in place. I have some friends who moved there from OKC in the late 80's and they admit it is a decidedly different Austin now than it was at the time they moved down there. Like I said in another thread, only the media still thinks UT rules all, if that was the case the ACL Fest wouldn't have been held on the same weekend as OU-Texas like it was this year. Austin the city has moved well past being UT-centric, in fact most of the people that I know there have no connection to the university and most were from somewhere other than Austin or even Texas.

Agreed. My Wife and I have both had business in Austin from time to time. My Uncle runs a Family Sports Store in Ft. Worth (or did....RIP Bill) and I have two Cousins in Houston and one of my Brothers lived and worked in Dallas and one of the others in Houston. Also another Cousin who is a Texas State Ranger who graduated from oSu :D.

I like to visit them all for many different reasons but Oklahoma is my Home.

SoonerinSouthlake
10/14/2012, 05:22 PM
no way Mack Brown fires somebody in the middle of the season...he is very "Stoopsish" In his loyalty to his employees..see Greg Davis.

Further there is absolutely no way Texas fires Mack Brown because losses to OU..... Despite his ability to beat us and the fact that he has been blown out by the Sooners many times, he has been a successful leader of a moneymaking and recruiting machine

MyT Oklahoma
10/14/2012, 05:29 PM
Please.. please.. please Dear Lord.. please do not let UT never.. ever fire Mack Brown.

P.S. Pretty please even. LOL

StoopTroup
10/14/2012, 05:34 PM
If he needs to fire someone....he should. Maybe have everyone take a drug test Monday?

8timechamps
10/14/2012, 05:48 PM
It really is a tough situation for the UT administration (not that I really give a ****). They have Mack, who is #2 as the most winning active coach in all of CFB, he's won a national title and been to another title game in the past 5 years, and the recruits swarm to him (and that hasn't always been the case with Texas). On the other hand, he gets his *** handed to him by the schools biggest rival fairly often. BUT, more than that, Texas hasn't beaten a ranked team in over two years. That's worse than getting humiliated by OU annually.

The fans want Mack gone, the administration never wants to admit they have failed, and can use the success Mack has had as a point of justification. All of that said, unless Mack gets things turned around there by the end of the year (which looks impossible), I think he may be done.

bluedogok
10/14/2012, 05:56 PM
no way Mack Brown fires somebody in the middle of the season...he is very "Stoopsish" In his loyalty to his employees..see Greg Davis.

Further there is absolutely no way Texas fires Mack Brown because losses to OU..... Despite his ability to beat us and the fact that he has been blown out by the Sooners many times, he has been a successful leader of a moneymaking and recruiting machine
Mack will only be fired if the big money donors like Red McCombs, Joe Jamail and others like them want him fired. That is ultimately who Dodds and Mack work for, not for the common Whorn fan. There will be a point at which those fans care more about winning on the field than they do winning the financial battle between schools.

I did like the thread on shaggy where they were talking about the ticket specials they have had this season like 3-game packages, advertising for the games with "less interesting" opponents and $40 tickets for the Baylor game. In their zeal to build a stadium bigger than A&M they may have overbuilt, in many ways they really are like the Dallas Cowboys and the Yankees, during the ALCS Game 1 last night Yankee Stadium was about half empty like DKR has been for many of the games since expansion.

Wishboned
10/14/2012, 06:12 PM
Funniest thing I saw on a Horns message board was someone calling him Manny iaz. Because there is no D.

8timechamps
10/14/2012, 06:38 PM
Mack will only be fired if the big money donors like Red McCombs, Joe Jamail and others like them want him fired. That is ultimately who Dodds and Mack work for, not for the common Whorn fan. There will be a point at which those fans care more about winning on the field than they do winning the financial battle between schools.

I did like the thread on shaggy where they were talking about the ticket specials they have had this season like 3-game packages, advertising for the games with "less interesting" opponents and $40 tickets for the Baylor game. In their zeal to build a stadium bigger than A&M they may have overbuilt, in many ways they really are like the Dallas Cowboys and the Yankees, during the ALCS Game 1 last night Yankee Stadium was about half empty like DKR has been for many of the games since expansion.

Like many, I've been trolling Longhorn message boards today (and it's been so much fun). I read on one of them that Dodds released a statement, or was interviewed saying that he is fully in Mack's corner, and he is the Texas coach as long as Dodds is around. A lot of Horn fans then went on to say "fire Dodds". I get the feeling that Mack's wagon is hitched to Dodds', and if one goes, they both go.

Here's what I think will happen; Texas really is through the hardest part of their schedule. They still have K-State, and that's a tough one, but otherwise, it's Baylor, KU, etc. I predict that Texas wins most of their remaining games, makes a second tier bowl, and Mack survives another year. Maybe a coordinator gets offered up for sacrifice, but I think that's about it. And I love it!

bluedogok
10/14/2012, 09:06 PM
If Dodds job is on the line, he'll fire Mack but they will spin it that Mack will "retire". Dodds will do whatever the money people want, if they want Mack gone, he is gone. The donors that matter exerted pressure before when he canned Reese and Davis to save his own job.

MyT Oklahoma
10/14/2012, 09:10 PM
Did someone mention Greg Davis?

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7313541/im-greg-davis

oudivesherpa
10/14/2012, 10:51 PM
[QUOTE=bluedogok;3529447]ST - I never got the feeling that Austin was a "college town" but then I didn't move there until 2003 well after the Austin population booms were in place. I have some friends who moved there from OKC in the late 80's and they admit it is a decidedly different Austin now than it was at the time they moved down there. Like I said in another thread, only the media still thinks UT rules all, if that was the case the ACL Fest wouldn't have been held on the same weekend as OU-Texas like it was this year. Austin the city has moved well past being UT-centric, in fact most of the people that I know there have no connection to the university and most were from somewhere other than Austin or even Texas.[/

You are talking about adults, I teach HS in West Houston--UT is king among the student's as the coolest place to go--because of it's party scene not because of football. The same reason so many 4&5 star jocks flame out in Austin bad coaching and a great party scene! if you take that analogy to it's logical conclusion KState should be great in football, great coaching and a party scene that only a puritan could love.

blacktop
10/14/2012, 11:32 PM
We will not go away and we will not be 2nd to them.

TRUE!