PDA

View Full Version : K-State loss Prediction

FriscoTXsooner
10/14/2012, 09:44 AM
I think K-State will lose in Morgantown next week, and will lose to Oklahoma State at home on the 3rd of Nov. My only concern with this scenario is that by doing it we set ourselves up to take the Big XII by winning out, but that weekend we have to play Iowa St. in their backyard, and if history dictates anything, it's that when we have an opportunity to make a statement, we generally don't do as well as we should. With all that said, if we play like we did yesterday, then things should fall into place.

FirstandGoal
10/14/2012, 10:07 AM
I think K-State will lose in Morgantown next week, and will lose to Oklahoma State at home on the 3rd of Nov. My only concern with this scenario is that by doing it we set ourselves up to take the Big XII by winning out, but that weekend we have to play Iowa St. in their backyard, and if history dictates anything, it's that when we have an opportunity to make a statement, we generally don't do as well as we should. With all that said, if we play like we did yesterday, then things should fall into place.

While I think its totally possible that KSU falls to the Mountaineers next week, there's no way that little sister is capable of staying on the same field as purple kitten. I predict KSU will lose one game in conference play, go on to be the conference champ, but that we will end up playing in a better bowl anyway.

FaninAma
10/14/2012, 10:12 AM
While I think its totally possible that KSU falls to the Mountaineers next week, there's no way that little sister is capable of staying on the same field as purple kitten. I predict KSU will lose one game in conference play, go on to be the conference champ, but that we will end up playing in a better bowl anyway.

The really sad thing about the KSU game is OU played an average game and without the critical, unforced turnovers would have been up by 3 scores headed into the 4th quarter. Oh well.

VA Sooner
10/14/2012, 11:29 AM
The really sad thing about the KSU game is OU played an average game and without the critical, unforced turnovers would have been up by 3 scores headed into the 4th quarter. Oh well.

I keep trying to forget all that. It helps ease the pain...

Breadburner
10/14/2012, 11:30 AM
OSU does not beat K-State....

IronHorseSooner
10/14/2012, 11:47 AM
OSU does not beat K-State....

But WVU and Tech will...The only team that they have played who tries to uptempo is us, and we GAVE that game to them. KState is not built to get into shootouts. They have to ball-control games, and, I admit, Klein is really good at it. However, they keep playing with fire, and they will get burned. ISU should have beaten them, but their O is awful!

OU_Sooners75
10/14/2012, 12:11 PM
TT in Norman in 2008, OU had a chance to make a statemen and they did.

@A&M in 2000, OU made a staement when everyone thought they would lose. Same as vs Neb, UT, and KSU that year, not to mention FSU.

Same thing in 2010 vs Nebraska.

OU has had plenty of games where they had a chance t make a statement and made that statement loudly. We did so yesterday!

OU_Sooners75
10/14/2012, 12:13 PM
Losing to KSU seems to have refocused this team! And it was an anomaly.

Play that game again anywhere, OU walks all over KSU!

StoopTroup
10/14/2012, 01:06 PM
The D definitely has refocused. It allowed LJ more opportunities but 21-37 is less than his Season avg Completion of 61%. He was at 56% yesterday. The WRs need to catch more of those passes he is hitting them in the hands with. Thanks to the D, Our offense got a lot of chances and racked up 63 points on the whorns. That said, it was a pretty awful whorn team. We need to handle business next week and then see what ND is bringing us to Norman on the 27th. That game is as important now as any on our Schedule. ND has and will always carry with it the same National Prominence that we do. Many eyes will be looking in on what happens on the 27th to indeed decide if what happened against KSU was the anomaly you speak of.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/14/2012, 01:13 PM
If KSU can't lose two, here's hoping they lose just one and Oklahoma and Texas Tech wins out as Oklahoma will get the last laugh on KSU.

SoonerMarkVA
10/14/2012, 01:13 PM
It really sucks having to hope some other team racks up some losses for us to make up ground. I figure odds are on our side that they drop 2 of their remaining schedule. If it doesn't happen, well, hats off to the Old Man for coming into Norman and getting a win.

StoopTroup
10/14/2012, 01:49 PM
It really sucks having to hope some other team racks up some losses for us to make up ground. I figure odds are on our side that they drop 2 of their remaining schedule. If it doesn't happen, well, hats off to the Old Man for coming into Norman and getting a win.

If anyone can do it for us....it's KSU. They have tried to get in our way many times since we stole most of Snyders Coaching Staff. I don't think they are ever going to get over it either. This last win against us....I was sitting by their fans on the East side. They had a look of "I can't believe we finally beat them" on their faces. Usually I see instant excitement. Not them. They were in shock. IMO....we lost that game. They won on the scoreboard and it really sucks but I will never believe they could do it again against the Team we have right now.

I think they'll choke at least one game.

CowboyMRW
10/14/2012, 01:57 PM
We got yall. I promise that OSU will beat KSU by 2 TDs. Thank God that they can't throw the ball. Now if they find a passing game before they play us, then all bets are off, because we will get dominated. But running game we can stop.

Eielson
10/14/2012, 05:58 PM
I'm really not that impressed with KSU. We handed that game away. There isn't a game left that they couldn't potentially lose. Unfortunately, with the performances of WVU and Texas this weekend, I feel that the Big XII just might really suck. I'm completely confused about who the best teams in the Big XII are, but as sad as it is, they might have cleared one of their greatest hurdles with the Iowa State game. I'm really hoping that Texas Tech's performance yesterday is for real. The easiest path for us would be for Tech and us to both win out.

Most likely:

1. Tech (I might feel really stupid for putting this in writing a month or two from now, but they're playing the best right now)
2. TCU (road game, and I'm betting Pachall isn't sitting for the K-state game)
3. WVU (all the way out in Morgantown, and Geno is still incredible. Even with their horrid defense, it's hard to rule out a team when the margin of difference in ability to throw the ball is this large)

The rest: Texas, OSU, Baylor. All are just good or talented enough to play spoiler, but you'd be nuts to actually put money on one of them with the way they've been playing. Perhaps Texas can get it together in time to reverse roles and get their revenge in the last game of the season.

8timechamps
10/14/2012, 06:52 PM
I'm really not that impressed with KSU. We handed that game away. There isn't a game left that they couldn't potentially lose. Unfortunately, with the performances of WVU and Texas this weekend, I feel that the Big XII just might really suck. I'm completely confused about who the best teams in the Big XII are, but as sad as it is, they might have cleared one of their greatest hurdles with the Iowa State game. I'm really hoping that Texas Tech's performance yesterday is for real. The easiest path for us would be for Tech and us to both win out.

Most likely:

1. Tech (I might feel really stupid for putting this in writing a month or two from now, but they're playing the best right now)
2. TCU (road game, and I'm betting Pachall isn't sitting for the K-state game)
3. WVU (all the way out in Morgantown, and Geno is still incredible. Even with their horrid defense, it's hard to rule out a team when the margin of difference in ability to throw the ball is this large)

The rest: Texas, OSU, Baylor. All are just good or talented enough to play spoiler, but you'd be nuts to actually put money on one of them with the way they've been playing. Perhaps Texas can get it together in time to reverse roles and get their revenge in the last game of the season.

Tech could pose a problem for KSU, but only if they play like they did against WVU.

As for TCU, Pachall is done for the year. He's dropped out of TCU and in treatment. Patterson said he would have a chance to come back in January. Still, the replacement QB (don't know his name) showed that he can play. They could give KSU a game.

I really hope WVU comes back from their loss as good as OU did. That would really help us. But, WVU has one of (if not THE) worst defenses in the country.

I can't see anybody else that stands a chance, but you never know...Tech knocked us out, and ISU knocked OSU out, so there's always a chance that something funny will happen.

VA Sooner
10/14/2012, 07:36 PM
Anything can happen at this point... just take it one game at a time and see what shakes out.

Agree... the ND game takes on more significance now. Just take care of business next Saturday first.

FirstandGoal
10/14/2012, 10:56 PM
Kinda sad really that we're in a position where we have to root for Domer to win every game except for one this year.

Eielson
10/14/2012, 11:16 PM
As shameful as it would be, I could see us jumping K-State in the NC race even if they ended up with only one loss. This would, of course, depend on the timing of their loss, and how convincingly we beat ND. I wouldn't be a big fan of it, though, in the same way I wasn't a fan of letting Alabama play in the NC game last year. Alabama was clearly the better team, but they blew it at home. I just really wish we had lost to another team, or even better, had a Big XII Championship game.

soonercastor
10/14/2012, 11:34 PM
As shameful as it would be, I could see us jumping K-State in the NC race even if they ended up with only one loss. This would, of course, depend on the timing of their loss, and how convincingly we beat ND. I wouldn't be a big fan of it, though, in the same way I wasn't a fan of letting Alabama play in the NC game last year. Alabama was clearly the better team, but they blew it at home. I just really wish we had lost to another team, or even better, had a Big XII Championship game.

Maybe we can jump then in the BCS if they end up with only one loss, but they'd be Big XII champ anyway.