PDA

View Full Version : Tom Wort

8timechamps
10/13/2012, 08:22 PM
What's the deal with him? He started the game, and was in (and caused) for the Ash fumble, but I didn't see him much (if at all) otherwise. Was it the defense we were playing? I rarely pay attention to the actual sets during the game, so maybe we played more nickle coverage. Anyone that paid close attention notice anything (jkm, this is your cue)?

goingoneight
10/13/2012, 08:28 PM
He played really well. But so did Frank Shannon. It's like a Landry/Belldozer kinda situation from what I can see. Can't complain about a system that works.

8timechamps
10/13/2012, 08:30 PM
He played really well. But so did Frank Shannon. It's like a Landry/Belldozer kinda situation from what I can see. Can't complain about a system that works.

If that's the case, then you're right, it's working...keep it up.

jk the sooner fan
10/13/2012, 08:50 PM
you're going to see Shannon more and more in passing situations - because he can cover - and Wort can not

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/13/2012, 09:00 PM
It was kind of a weird substitution pattern. 1st half of the game, Wort played 1st down and split the 3rds while Shannon had the 2nds and the other half of the 3rds. In the second half, Shannon got more reps but Wort was still in there. One strange thing I see is that Corey Nelson plays like a B12 1st teamer when Shannon is on the field and like a D3 player when Wort is on the field.

Blue
10/13/2012, 09:04 PM
Nelson did look like a beast today.

Hell the whole Defense was laying the wood.

badger
10/13/2012, 09:19 PM
BBC: British-born player on the verge of NFL stardom (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2077016/British-born-college-football-player-Tom-Wort-verge-NFL-stardom.html)

Seriously, when you start asking about Tom Wort, you will get a headache from thinking too hard, so just read the BBC article and that will sort everything out.

As one of very few British players in the NFL, Wort is determined to raise the profile of the sport in the UK.

Crystal clear! :D

Blue
10/13/2012, 09:20 PM
NFL stardom? And I'm David Brent.

Seriously, I hope so.