PDA

View Full Version : The ugly grey uniform trend just won't go away.

cleller
10/13/2012, 07:30 PM
W VA looked stupid today, I'm sure OSU does, but I didn't expect Spurrier's South Carolina team to go grunge.

It looks like someone turned their coveralls inside out. Is it really that important to play bling-bling or video-jockey style to lure kids in?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/13/2012, 07:37 PM
I concur, looks goofy. Seems a silly a*sed thing to spend money and time on some quirky new unis.

Blue
10/13/2012, 07:39 PM
I don't mind it. As long as OU doesn't do it.

Sabanball
10/13/2012, 07:43 PM
If teams that do this only knew how silly they look.

cleller
10/13/2012, 07:45 PM
Are those pants supposed to be video game camo, or stone-washed? Some have coordinated T shirts, or arm bands. They probably use glue and glitter on their shoes.

FirstandGoal
10/13/2012, 07:47 PM
At the risk of sounding as old as my kids think I am, this disturbing trend needs to stop. now.

Can you guys imagine how visually unpleasing today's pasting of the whorns would have been if either one of us had been wearing some of these "contemporary" unis?

Hell, when we beat the **** outta Texass, I want there to be a burnt orange smear on the field, not grey.

cleller
10/18/2012, 07:41 PM
They are back again tonight, predictably. Coupled with some helmets that look like shiny wheel rims. Irresistible. Oregon is maintaining its tradition as the pop culture, bling team.
Arizona State is countering with the always popular (with the second tier) all black.

This younger generation.

birddog
10/18/2012, 08:16 PM
i wouldn't mind our throwbacks when we play stool state. that would be a nice change of pace for the thanksgiving weekend game. only problem there is the stoolwater folks would think it's because of them. so, maybe not.

sooneron
10/18/2012, 08:43 PM
i wouldn't mind our throwbacks when we play stool state. that would be a nice change of pace for the thanksgiving weekend game. only problem there is the stoolwater folks would think it's because of them. so, maybe not.

Maybe we could ask them to suit up in red and white with Red Ns on white helmets?

OUTrumpet
10/18/2012, 09:36 PM
I kinda like West Virginia's grey with the blue and yellow.

South Carolina's was hideous. Okie St's is bad.

BoulderSooner79
10/18/2012, 10:59 PM
I like the UO uniform tonight - one of their better efforts.

10/19/2012, 12:23 AM
I like the UO uniform tonight - one of their better efforts.There are women involved in these uniform changes, I would bet.(NTTAWWT)There should prolly be some pink shoes too, in order to get fully to the leading edge.

BoulderSooner79
10/19/2012, 01:38 AM
There are women involved in these uniform changes, I would bet.(NTTAWWT)There should prolly be some pink shoes too, in order to get fully to the leading edge.

I'm surprised they didn't flash some pink shoes or something. It is breast cancer awareness month and all the NFL teams are sporting pink.

badger
10/19/2012, 08:29 AM
Our basketball team's done it... but they also gave us cream jerseys, so Nike hasn't hated us entirely :)

BBQ Man
10/19/2012, 09:05 AM
I can't stand teams going to gray, black or pink when its not their colors. I think Baylor looks stupid in all black (but has a great "classic" look in all white). SCar looked dumb in gray.

And then the pink is annoying. I'm all for medical cures, but this doesn't cure anything and I think everyone is aware of breast cancer. Who isn't? Why not switch to something else where people actually need education. Why not something that applies to football players like head injuries, steroid-induced testicle shrinkage, shrink-wrapping that baby making stick and not end up like Antonio Cromartie and Travis Henry with more than ten kids by more than ten women???

cleller
10/19/2012, 09:08 AM
Our basketball team's done it... but they also gave us cream jerseys, so Nike hasn't hated us entirely :)

There was a story on Yahoo about the Maryland BB team's "ugly as sin" grey uniforms. They are supposed to look like old wool baseball uniforms, to honor the Brooklyn Dodgers.
Someone at least had the sense to ask, "why is a Maryland BB team honoring the Brooklyn Dodgers?"

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/maryland-wear-faux-wool-jerseys-against-kentucky-honor-175421265--ncaab.html

10/19/2012, 11:46 AM
...And then the pink is annoying. I'm all for medical cures, but this doesn't cure anything and I think everyone is aware of breast cancer. Who isn't? Why not switch to something else where people actually need education. Why not something that applies to football players like head injuries, steroid-induced testicle shrinkage, shrink-wrapping that baby making stick and not end up like Antonio Cromartie and Travis Henry with more than ten kids by more than ten women???Dennis Miller, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? A message board like this can always use someone of your talents!

badger
10/19/2012, 12:25 PM
There was a story on Yahoo about the Maryland BB team's "ugly as sin" grey uniforms. They are supposed to look like old wool baseball uniforms, to honor the Brooklyn Dodgers.
Someone at least had the sense to ask, "why is a Maryland BB team honoring the Brooklyn Dodgers?"

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/maryland-wear-faux-wool-jerseys-against-kentucky-honor-175421265--ncaab.html
They're playing the game in Brooklyn, that new Barclays Arena where the Nets moved to.

CowboyMRW
10/19/2012, 12:35 PM
I kinda like West Virginia's grey with the blue and yellow.

South Carolina's was hideous. Okie St's is bad.

I thought ours were really well done, especially the helmet.

Not a fan of USCe but did like WV also.