PDA

View Full Version : Honest Opinions: How does TTU destroying WVU make OU look since we Killed TTU?

ourichie
10/13/2012, 05:33 PM
nt

Tulsa_Fireman
10/13/2012, 05:40 PM
It either makes K-State look reeally good which voters aren't full blown sold on, or it makes us losing to K-State look like a fluke, and early season stumble for a reeally good Oklahoma team.

SoonerStormchaser
10/13/2012, 05:42 PM
At this point, Tulsa, it's definitely the latter...unless your Lee Corso, then it's the former.

SoonerKnight
10/13/2012, 05:44 PM
Early stumble against a good not great k-state team.

VA Sooner
10/13/2012, 05:45 PM
I'd vote for the latter... a flukey game for a good Sooners' team that underachieved because of three turnovers, self-inflicted.

Need West VA to destroy Kansas St game for us to regain control... game by game, win by win. We'll get there....

LASooner
10/13/2012, 05:45 PM
I think it makes the SEC look better in the eyes of voters..

I know, no connection, but there it is.

StoopTroup
10/13/2012, 05:48 PM
If WVU is 5th in the Country then OU and KSU should play for the MNC like Bama and LSU did last year.

todive4
10/13/2012, 06:21 PM
Well, that game may be an anomaly, 40 mph winds had Geno out of his game, he was very timid and second guessing himself, worried that the wind would mess up his passes. Of course, VWU's defense is lousy so the 49 tech scored is normal. Maybe without the wind, wvu wins 55 to 49 or something like that. I think the wind helped tech a bunch!

Tulsa_Fireman
10/13/2012, 06:22 PM
Oh well. You'd think Holgerson would have 'em prepared. It's not like this is new.

8timechamps
10/13/2012, 06:40 PM
It shows a few things:

WVU is not nearly as good as their ranking. But, I think everyone knew their defense was awful, and it was a matter of time until it cost them a game.

Texas isn't as good as hyped.

Tech isn't as bad as thought.

OU is better than thought.

If Tech would have slipped out the upset, and OU beat texas by a field goal, then it wouldn't have proven anything. But Tech destroyed WVU, and OU owned texas. It just shows that last week's texas/WVU game was a match-up of two overrated teams.

trwxxa
10/13/2012, 08:03 PM
It shows that this team has become much better than they were up to and including the K-State game.

I also don't understand why people are under rating K-State. They're a better team than anyone is willing to admit

8timechamps
10/13/2012, 08:18 PM
It shows that this team has become much better than they were up to and including the K-State game.

I also don't understand why people are under rating K-State. They're a better team than anyone is willing to admit

There is no question that K-State is a very good team, I'm not sure why there are so many doubters either. I think it's fair to say we beat ourselves against KSU, although they were good enough to capitalize on our mistakes, so they get a lot of credit. I don't think KSU will lose two conference games unfortunately.

StoopTroup
10/13/2012, 08:44 PM
I think we beat KSU every week till the end of the Season if we had to play them every week from here on out. Our Team's Offense and Defense are beginning to gel while KSU continues to feel the pressure of being an undefeated Top Ten with us hovering five spots behind them in the Coaches Poll.

hawaii 5-0
10/13/2012, 09:15 PM
I lost 20 Million vCash betting on the Mountaineers.

I can't explain why they sucked today.

5-0