PDA

View Full Version : Convicted Aggie sex-offender

nighttrain12
10/12/2012, 11:34 AM
Just because you are a star basketball player does not give you the right to diddle 2 chicks' kitties!

http://newsok.com/former-osu-basketball-player-darrell-williams-released-from-jail-after-1-year-sentence-suspended/article/3718208

badger
10/12/2012, 11:55 AM
I think his OSU basketball career is over. I haven't heard of any possibility of him returning.

This case even brought Jesse Jackson in (although he did a few other things while in-state, like speak at a Tulsa high school).

Considering what he was being accused of, only having to register as a low-grade sex offender (level 1) for 15 years and no more jail time is pretty light.

Flagstaffsooner
10/12/2012, 11:56 AM
What a rogue gallery...

The packed courtroom was filled with supporters, including OSU coach Travis Ford, athletic director Mile Holder and many current OSU basketball players.

Mile Holder, great editing OPUBCO.

MamaMia
10/12/2012, 11:58 AM
He maintains his innocence. The article didn't say what proof they have. What do they have, other than allegations? Child psychologists may have interviewed the children, but kids are impressionable and can be brainwashed very easily, so that type expert testimony has always been highly suspect.

nighttrain12
10/12/2012, 12:01 PM
It's 2 female adults who accused him of the crimes. Their testimony is pretty much all the evidence they had ('no finger prints') but sometimes that is all you need for a conviction.

StoopTroup
10/12/2012, 12:08 PM
It's a real good idea to find a nice GF and date her. These days....if you are BMOC you should be really careful how you play the field IMO.

If he's innocent.....I feel for him but "Free Love and the 1960's" ended a long long time ago.

CowboyMRW
10/12/2012, 12:12 PM
I know this has been beaten to death on OP.com and personally, I have no clue if he's guilty or not, but I do know that the way the police went about with their statement taking was wrong. I know that a lot of things on both sides were wrong during the trial.

Also many people have said and maintain, that it was Jarred Shaw, not D-Will. If he's guilty let him burn, but I'm after seeing all the evidence, I'm not sure if he's guilty or innocent as there is nothing definite on either side.

MamaMia
10/12/2012, 12:14 PM
It's 2 female adults who accused him of the crimes. Their testimony is pretty much all the evidence they had ('no finger prints') but sometimes that is all you need for a conviction.

I see. I was told a while back, it was kids, so that shows you how reliable hearsay is. :D

StoopTroup
10/12/2012, 12:15 PM
He's been convicted and accepted his terms of release. Good Luck getting that turned around before he's as old as Eddie Sutton.

MamaMia
10/12/2012, 12:43 PM
A lot of innocent people agree to plea bargains. Its justices way of saying "We cant prove you did it. You cant prove you didn't do it, so lets do this so we don't lose face, and you don't get sent up the river, or have to shell out anymore money than you already have."

nighttrain12
10/12/2012, 02:04 PM
I believe he is still appealing the terms of his sentence (and the conviction) as being labeled a sex offender for the next 15 years as that will greatly affect his life and especially if he even slightly messes up in the future. He is out of jail though so he has a chance to get on with his life though not as an OSU b-baller.