PDA

View Full Version : didn't get to watch the debate... should I?

ouwasp
10/11/2012, 11:59 PM
I was at a jr high ball game tonight, just got in about 30 minutes ago. I dvr'd the debate, but is it worth watching?

My impression from skimming across drudge, Fox, and South Oval is that folks pretty much saw what they wanted to see. Neither candidate imploded or hit a home run. And Joe smiled a lot. That pretty much sum it up?

I'm voting Romney in any case, so maybe I'll just not give Joe the pleasure of vexing me.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/12/2012, 12:42 AM
Obama never struck me as someone who loved his job. Neither did Dubya. Clinton loved his.

So does Biden. Manys senators love to hear themselves talk - kinda like school principals. Joe is like that.

Ryan Paul or Paul Ryan - whatever his name is - looked a bit uncomfortable. His arguing was sound, but Biden does the Ali shuffle well.

In the end, I don't think VP debates matter. If they did, there would have been a President Dukakis.

LiveLaughLove
10/12/2012, 12:48 AM
I wouldn't ouwasp. It was pretty much a draw. Both sides think the other guy lied, and both sides think their guy had the better quips.

So unless you want to see Joe grinning and saying "my friend" a lot when he actually means, "you pos". I would save my time for something more useful.

Like a root canal.

diverdog
10/12/2012, 02:38 AM
I wouldn't ouwasp. It was pretty much a draw. Both sides think the other guy lied, and both sides think their guy had the better

Like a root canal.

I agree.

Joe's mission was to buy his guy one more week and he did that. The debate will not decide the election.

OUinFLA
10/12/2012, 05:41 AM
one's a career politician and it showed.

one wants to be a career politician and he probably took notes. hopefully he won't grow up to be quite so disrespectful.

ouwasp
10/12/2012, 08:58 AM
thanks... I won't waste my time on it then :)

Soonerjeepman
10/12/2012, 09:03 AM
I wouldn't ouwasp. It was pretty much a draw. Both sides think the other guy lied, and both sides think their guy had the better quips.

So unless you want to see Joe grinning and saying "my friend" a lot when he actually means, "you pos". I would save my time for something more useful.

Like a root canal.
lol..no $hit...yeah didn't get much out of it...think both didn't do well...course, with biden interrupting all the time ryan couldn't finish his thought...

cleller
10/12/2012, 09:41 AM
Joe= The cat the swallowed the canary.

Paul= Your insurance agent reminding you of possible downsides.

Rogue
10/12/2012, 11:58 AM
Smilin' Joe was interrupting when PR told lies...so it seemed like a lot. :D

It was much more entertaining than the Obama v Romney debate. Not super informative, but more substance than we've seen so far. Still heavier on platitudes and "vision" than details. Style points to PR for remaining more composed, not that anyone tuned in to see, nor expected to see, Biden composed. I thought PR got abused on foreign policy a few times.

I'd watch it, one of these guys is going to spend the next 4 years the proverbial "heartbeat away." We need to know about them. I was actually impressed by how both guys handled the "tell me about you being Catholic" question. I'm pro-choice but I thought PR handled the question and talked about his pro-life stance gracefully.

Bided tried, and somewhat succeeded, in painting Romney and Ryan as neocons that are hell bent on starting another war somewhere in the Middle East or protracting out the Afghan war. At one point I thought Joe was gonna blow a gasket when Ryan implied that we needed more troops or time in East Afghanistan. Joe wants us out of there and makes no bones about it. Neither guy stepped on his dick very hard so everyone can go home and declare victory.

I don't think there are any undecided voters left.
I say it's worth a watch.

ouwasp
10/12/2012, 02:05 PM
okay, rogue, I'll take that under advisement... won't have any free time for politics until maybe Sunday though... the guys at lunch said they thought Biden offered more substance, but his smirk was so ****** irritating they figured the h*** with Joe...

Soonerjeepman
10/12/2012, 02:23 PM
I would agree that PR tried to look composed...but again, tell me the lies he was saying? anyways...I thought biden looked out of control honestly..but I do agree that we need the afghan's and those folks fighting the majority of THEIR war. How it goes about is another thing...and that is the issue.

Rogue
10/12/2012, 05:10 PM
There's fact checks that show errors and untruths on both sides, I'm not here to debate that, just to answer the question "should I watch it." I'm going to try to stay engaged as long as I can, before election season burnout sets in. I think it's comin' on fast.

OUinFLA
10/12/2012, 05:51 PM
you're already 6 days late Rogue