PDA

View Full Version : Duck Dynasty

MamaMia
10/11/2012, 11:31 AM
That show is hilarious. I hadn't been watching it, but it caught my eye flipping through the channels, so now I have recorded some of them. :D

pphilfran
10/11/2012, 03:05 PM
The blind duck finds the pot of gold...

I watched one episode where they were all excited about having squirrel for dinner...

salth2o
10/11/2012, 03:09 PM
I like 'em. good ol boys who made a fortune making duck calls.

American dream.

MamaMia
10/11/2012, 04:27 PM
The blind duck finds the pot of gold...

I watched one episode where they were all excited about having squirrel for dinner...

They are always excited about having squirrel. The mother, Miss Kay, loves Squirrel brains! She says she cant help it. They got caught on the Country Club golf course catching frogs to eat one night. :D

These guys are major rednecks. The uncles name is Sy. Hes a veteran and has all these sayings and stories. He cracks me up.

colleyvillesooner
10/11/2012, 04:46 PM
The company I work for just signed these guys and Real Tree Camouflage for ophthalmic eyewear and sunwear. These guys are EXACTLY like that in real life. I am supposed to be on the next trip out to West Monroe to meet them.

The show last night was #1 cable show in adults 18-49, and 2nd in total viewership at 3.9 million, losing only to baseball. that is up 1.3 million from their season 1 finale. that is huge.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/10/11/wednesday-cable-ratings-duck-dynasty-wins-night-mlb-south-park-the-daily-show-key-peele-more/152520/

Petro-Sooner
10/11/2012, 06:39 PM
I enjoy it.

Curly Bill
10/12/2012, 07:12 AM
Love it! Haven't got to see any of the new season though.

Boomer.....
10/12/2012, 08:39 AM
Good show. Just some good ol boys.

StoopTroup
10/12/2012, 10:30 AM
Uncle Si and his Tea Glass is a hoot. The driving lessons he gave to Sadie was awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv7gTgjxidA

Si: "I seen a man with his face on the back of his head drivin'..."

OUmillenium
10/16/2012, 12:10 AM
A&E has the episodes on indemand

Happy, happy, happy...

MamaMia
10/16/2012, 04:17 AM
"Booya" (sp?) :D

colleyvillesooner
12/12/2012, 11:58 PM
The viewership for this season has gone up 139%, ending with 6.5 million viewers for their 1 hr holiday special. Amazing jump. Up 1.5 million in one week. N

Our sunglasses with them come out in Walmart vision centers this week. They are mostly black sport sunglasses mixed with Real Tree Max 4 Camo. Pretty cool. They are supposed to start wearing them for the second half of season 2, which starts filming in January.

Unfortunately due to Oklahoma laws, there are no vision centers in Walmart in Oklahoma.

Right now they are on their Duck Hunting filming break.

C&CDean
12/13/2012, 09:42 AM
I have neighbors just like these guys. Minus the $$ of course.

Curly Bill
12/13/2012, 09:44 AM
I have neighbors just like these guys. Minus the $$ of course.

Most all of us have neighbors, or know someone like that, maybe even somewhat like that ourselves. What makes these fools noteworthy is they have all the $$$$, and they're STILL like that.

C&CDean
12/13/2012, 09:51 AM
Most all of us have neighbors, or know someone like that, maybe even somewhat like that ourselves. What makes these fools noteworthy is they have all the $$$$, and they're STILL like that.

Momma and I have talked about winning the lottery. If we do, we ain't moving. I'll just buy up more land around us, maybe build a runway and buy a plane or something. Nothing else changes.

Curly Bill
12/13/2012, 11:46 AM
Momma and I have talked about winning the lottery. If we do, we ain't moving. I'll just buy up more land around us, maybe build a runway and buy a plane or something. Nothing else changes.

Yup, I've talked with friends about the show and we're all like: if I was rich I'd keep on doing what I'm doing, just maybe with more and nicer stuff. With money, I'd always be out goofing off - in the woods, on the golf course, somewhere.

colleyvillesooner
12/13/2012, 01:50 PM
That's what's so great about this show. They are exactly like that in real life. obviously some of it is "guided reality" but they have even said most of the stuff on the show is something they did do, or would do.

Mjcpr
12/13/2012, 01:58 PM
How come we never see Si's wife and house? I'm guessing they would conflict with his show persona? :D

OULenexaman
12/13/2012, 02:20 PM
The church scene on the 1hr holiday special was priceless....Sy telling the kids they lost 1 reindeer on the trip but it was OK....we ate on him for 3 days.:biggrin:

MamaMia
12/15/2012, 02:24 PM
I enjoyed the holiday show. I love the way they end the episodes in prayer at the dinner table as a family.

The children are so polite and respectful. They all say "Yes Ma'am and "Yes Sir." I was raised that way. Of course the looks on their sweet faces at some of the things Uncle Sy does and says is priceless. He likes to tease them. Who doesn't have at least one uncle who likes to tease his nieces and nephews? :)

BudSooner
12/15/2012, 06:14 PM
Is Si even married? He should have a corporate sponsor from Cains tea, lol.

Phil Robertson is an American hunting enthusiast, businessman and reality television star with a net worth of $5 million. Phil is the patriarch of the Robertson family which owns and operates a multi-million dollar hunting accessory company called Duck Commander. Phil Robertson attended Louisiana Tech where he was the starting quarterback and star of the football team. He actually started ahead of future NFL hall of famer Terry Bradshaw. Upon graduation Phil had the option to play football professionally but declined because he didn’t want to miss duck hunting season. In 1973 Phil invented the Duck Commander Duck Call which eventually became the gold standard duck whistle among professional hunters. He owns and operates the business alongside his four sons, and wife Kay who have all helped turn Duck Commander into the multi million dollar business it is today. The family and business are so popular that they now have their very own reality show on A&E called Duck Dynasty which airs Wednesdays at 10pm. During the 10 week duck hunting season, Phil has a tradition of not showering or shaving ever to bring him luck.http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-businessmen/phil-robertson-net-worth/

Heh.

BudSooner
12/15/2012, 06:26 PM
Damn, Jep is worth 8million to Phils 6, Si's 2, Jase's 4, even Godwin is worth 1.5 mil. Pretty cool that money hasn't changed them that much.

colleyvillesooner
12/15/2012, 07:52 PM
Si's married but she's not part of the show.

MamaMia
12/15/2012, 08:21 PM
I just love that show. :D

soonerstan56
12/16/2012, 02:08 AM
On a football note, Phil kept Terry Bradshaw on the bench at Louisiana Tech.

http://college-football.si.com/2012/03/22/duck-punt-how-phil-robertson-found-stardom-after-giving-up-football/

Stan

BudSooner
12/16/2012, 10:31 AM
Heh.