PDA

View Full Version : Racist? Not Racist?

olevetonahill
10/11/2012, 08:28 AM
One dudes protest of Obammy care
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/store-owner-depicts-obama-witch-doctor-window-display-173115977.html

http://media.nj.com/njcom_photos/photo/2012/10/11684899-large.jpg

badger
10/11/2012, 08:55 AM
I think that it's disrespectful, and that's bad enough. He might not be the president that many voted for, but he's still our country's president :(

I would like to think that sh!t like that reflects poorly on those who do it, rather than on our country as a whole, or the president he intended to insult. It's like some whorn fan that won't stop using curse words around children and old ladies after losing 55-17. Yeah, you're curing up a storm and you have a right to, but my gawd you look like a moron.

olevetonahill
10/11/2012, 09:08 AM
I Just thot it was funny.

Curly Bill
10/11/2012, 09:12 AM
Funny!

hawaii 5-0
10/11/2012, 10:01 AM
UnAmerican.

5-0

olevetonahill
10/11/2012, 10:02 AM
UnAmerican.

5-0

Now thats Funny. Especially since we have Freedom of speech here in AMERICA
And Coming from a Bush basher

Soonerjeepman
10/11/2012, 10:24 AM
what I find so amazing is the libs and obama supporters....(not nece. you Badg) is when parodies of Bush, Reagan, Christians...etc happen it's funny...when it's obama is disrespectful...give it a rest.

Like the custodian in our school...Bush was MY president, not his...then obama gets in and it's OUR president...whatever.

FUNNY!

BigTip
10/11/2012, 10:26 AM
I hope this image does not set off his supporters and cause an attack to our embassy in Idaho or something.

Curly Bill
10/11/2012, 10:30 AM
I hope this image does not set off his supporters and cause an attack to our embassy in Idaho or something.

LOL

Midtowner
10/11/2012, 10:31 AM
Definitely racist.

rock on sooner
10/11/2012, 10:55 AM

I KNEW it all along! Idaho is a foreign country!

hawaii 5-0
10/11/2012, 10:58 AM
Now thats Funny. Especially since we have Freedom of speech here in AMERICA
And Coming from a Bush basher

I'm not arguing one's opinion.

My opinion is that the picture is unAmerican. Having anyone in an African tribal outfit and a Soviet sickle in the picture does not represent America.

Oh, I could bash Bush till the cows come home and still be very American.

5-0

badger
10/11/2012, 10:59 AM
what I find so amazing is the libs and obama supporters....(not nece. you Badg) is when parodies of Bush, Reagan, Christians...etc happen it's funny...when it's obama is disrespectful...give it a rest.

Like the custodian in our school...Bush was MY president, not his...then obama gets in and it's OUR president...whatever.

FUNNY!

I know what you're talking about. One of my Oregon relatives talked of moving to Canada (but it was too cold) when Bush won in 2004 :D

I will also admit to giggling when Bush was shown next to similar monkey expressions in a series of "Texas sucks" slideshow images right before OU-Texas week in the early aughts.

I admit... I'm a bit more cautious with humor because Obama is (half) black. If you were making fun of his big ears, his Chicago Bears fandom, his teleprompter, it might be different, IMHO.

It is what it is. I didn't find it funny. Put his big ears in front of a rolling windmill and make them flap and I'd probably smile :)

Soonerjeepman
10/11/2012, 11:02 AM
not me...I have big ears... ;-)

guess, the question is, IF the white man (Romeny/Bush/etc) had an ancestry (AA) of tribal attire would folks be doing that? pretty sure they would

I am born/raised Catholic and I laugh at some good Catholic jokes, not a big fan of the pregnant nun costume but I don't get in too big a tiff about it....and yes I am comparing being Catholic with a race, it's just as much a part of me as my skin color.

guess I've gotten use to the crap that is out there...either way and don't take too much from it.

badger
10/11/2012, 11:08 AM
guess, the question is, IF the white man (Romeny/Bush/etc) had an ancestry (AA) of tribal attire would folks be doing that? pretty sure they would

Yeah, the Taxachusetts senate candidate is hearing a lot of war whoops on the campaign trail apparently.

MountainOkie
10/11/2012, 11:34 AM
How about Mark Lamont Hill's recent article for Huffpo "The 15 most overrated white people"?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marc-lamont-hill/15-overrated-overrated-white-people_b_1948679.html

On Christopher Columbus: "An immoral treasure hunter" and a "vicious conquistador"

Elvis Presley: "cheap facsimile of Little Richard"

William Shakespeare: "“Unfortunately, thanks to sycophantic critics and narrow-minded educational systems, Shakespeare is the only person who seems to matter to the average person … we ignore the fact that many aspects of Shakespeare's work -- such as the writing in Hamlet or the generally narrow range of female roles in his plays -- just aren't that awesome.”

Racist or Not racist?

diverdog
10/11/2012, 11:41 AM
How about Mark Lamont Hill's recent article for Huffpo "The 15 most overrated white people"?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/marc-lamont-hill/15-overrated-overrated-white-people_b_1948679.html

On Christopher Columbus: "An immoral treasure hunter" and a "vicious conquistador"

Elvis Presley: "cheap facsimile of Little Richard"

William Shakespeare: "“Unfortunately, thanks to sycophantic critics and narrow-minded educational systems, Shakespeare is the only person who seems to matter to the average person … we ignore the fact that many aspects of Shakespeare's work -- such as the writing in Hamlet or the generally narrow range of female roles in his plays -- just aren't that awesome.”

Racist or Not racist?

To be fair he named a bunch of liberals. Pretty funny article.

MountainOkie
10/11/2012, 11:43 AM
To be fair he named a bunch of liberals. Pretty funny article.

Soooo not racist is your vote then?

diverdog
10/11/2012, 11:47 AM
Soooo not racist is your vote then?

Beats me. I just read the link and laughed. I also laughed at the Obama picture. He would have looked better as Homey The Clown.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/11/2012, 12:42 PM
Jane Fonda said if he were doing the tomohawk chop then it would not be racist.

badger
10/11/2012, 12:48 PM
Jane Fonda said if he were doing the tomohawk chop then it would not be racist.

Not that I'm a Cards fan, but the Braves fans deserved to lose after they lost it:
53XM4pVqYh4

cleller
10/11/2012, 03:18 PM
I think going that far ultimately hurts your cause more than helps it. I may not like Obama, but I don't approve of that kind of thing. The race angle is just stale and tiring. Why should it be any different if you stick someone's face on a witch doctor, or Adolph Hitler?

Soonerjeepman
10/11/2012, 03:24 PM
He would have looked better as Homey The Clown.

lol..now THAT would be funny...DD you surprise me! lol

LiveLaughLove
10/11/2012, 03:29 PM
I think going that far ultimately hurts your cause more than helps it. I may not like Obama, but I don't approve of that kind of thing. The race angle is just stale and tiring. Why should it be any different if you stick someone's face on a witch doctor, or Adolph Hitler?

I agree with this. It's idiotic and helps nothing.

And agree also, I don't give a crap if someone thinks its racist or not.

The one pointing and screaming racist is just as much a punk to me.

diverdog
10/11/2012, 03:33 PM
lol..now THAT would be funny...DD you surprise me! lol

It would be a very funny skit with him whacking Romney (whitey or the man) with a sock saying "Homey don't play that" in a debate setting.