PDA

View Full Version : Who left on our schedule do you think will beat us?

olevetonahill
10/10/2012, 11:06 PM
And Why do you think we will lose? Im still reading 3 or 4 loss's this year so Whos gonna hand em to us?

SicEmBaylor
10/10/2012, 11:14 PM
We will.

olevetonahill
10/10/2012, 11:17 PM
We will.

Splain yerself Lucy.

SicEmBaylor
10/10/2012, 11:21 PM
Splain yerself Lucy.
I think our offense is better than your defense, and I think our defense (though woefully bad) can contain your anemic offense. ;)

Actually, I think the odds are about 60% that OU wins.

olevetonahill
10/10/2012, 11:24 PM
I think our offense is better than your defense, and I think our defense (though woefully bad) can contain your anemic offense. ;)

Ill agree that just about anyone left CAN beat us IF we dont play well
Ive seen folk here sayin we still gonna be a 4 loss team, I wanta Know WHO is gonna beat us and WHY they think that.

MamaMia
10/10/2012, 11:27 PM
I use to be able to predict these things with amazing accuracy, until about three seasons ago. We have been so inconsistent that I don't even try anymore. I just cross my fingers and hope for the best.

kevpks
10/10/2012, 11:39 PM
Not Texas.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/11/2012, 01:43 AM
I use to be able to predict these things with amazing accuracy, until about three seasons ago. We have been so inconsistent that I don't even try anymore. I just cross my fingers and hope for the best.The team is impossible to predict. Last week's performance is the first time this yr that I think we might be pretty good, after all. 2 biggest concerns are blocking and inspired play calling. I think we only lose to WVU the rest of the year. We will have our hands full with tx and the domer, but I think we will prevail in both. We might tie for Big 12 title, with tie breakers necessary to determine the winner.

Jacie
10/11/2012, 06:16 AM
The team is impossible to predict. Last week's performance is the first time this yr that I think we might be pretty good, after all. 2 biggest concerns are blocking and inspired play calling. I think we only lose to WVU the rest of the year. We will have our hands full with tx and the domer, but I think we will prevail in both. We might tie for Big 12 title, with tie breakers necessary to determine the winner.

Was thinking, no one left in the conference is a lock to beat OU now. But I forgot all about having to play Notre Dame. They got the hex on the Sooners at 9 wins to OUr 1. The best opportunity to get one of those games back was 99 and the defense that year was notable for surrendering the double digit lead. Don't know where 2 more losses could come from outside of a bowl game.

BigTip
10/11/2012, 07:22 AM
I use to be able to predict these things with amazing accuracy, until about three seasons ago. We have been so inconsistent that I don't even try anymore. I just cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Yup. I would have been willing to bet three or four losses BEFORE the Tech game. Now, those sybil bastards, have given me hope again. Tech was number one defense in the country for gawd's sake. That's gotta count for something.

5thYearSooner
10/11/2012, 08:22 AM
ISU. Their defense seems to be good. Its a road game for us in cold weather. I don't see ISU offense beating our defense but I think turnovers and a decent ISU defense will cause problems for us.

Hope I'm wrong and our boys will dispatch them.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/11/2012, 08:41 AM

Your team is going to get buried on both sides of the ball. Bob Stoops is pretty good at revenge and Mike Stoops is even better at it because takes it very personnally. Revenge in football does work, most are just too wimpy to admit it.

FirstandGoal
10/11/2012, 08:48 AM
ISU. Their defense seems to be good. Its a road game for us in cold weather. I don't see ISU offense beating our defense but I think turnovers and a decent ISU defense will cause problems for us.

Hope I'm wrong and our boys will dispatch them.

This actually worries me.

I think there's a decent chance the Domers (God, I hate even thinking it) with their bubble of invincibility when it comes to playing us have a chance, then ISU, then possibly West Virginny.

UberSooner
10/11/2012, 08:50 AM
The Tech victory doesn't mean a whole lot. They aren't good. As much as I hate to admit it, I think we lose this weekend, WV and N.D. Texas because their of they're O-line and run game. We will have to gamble against them because our D-line is still the same D-line even after a road win. W.V. will be a shootout and Gino>Landry by just enough to win. N.D. because they are playing like a team with a severe chip on their shoulder. I hope i'm wrong because I really do love this team and am eating crow a little bit because i do think Mike has improved our D but we've got a ways to go.

Oh, and Vet, I owe you an apology for going off a while back. Sometimes i'm outa line.

badger
10/11/2012, 08:51 AM
You all just need to promise me that you won't cry too hard if Domer beats us at home.

Soonerjeepman
10/11/2012, 09:00 AM
TT is NOT good..their #1 D was bloated on cupcakes. IF, and a big IF OU plays up to par we can win out, but several games OU has to play almost perfect ball.

WV...there...not good (except their D is giving up 35 pts/460 yrds a game), guess I'm think we beat ND at home. The isu game just because it's there and they seem to pull a W upset, hopefully against ksu this weekend instead of us.

olevetonahill
10/11/2012, 09:11 AM
You all just need to promise me that you won't cry too hard if Domer beats us at home.

Cry hell. Ima Kill somethin.

olevetonahill
10/11/2012, 09:13 AM
The Tech victory doesn't mean a whole lot. They aren't good. As much as I hate to admit it, I think we lose this weekend, WV and N.D. Texas because their of they're O-line and run game. We will have to gamble against them because our D-line is still the same D-line even after a road win. W.V. will be a shootout and Gino>Landry by just enough to win. N.D. because they are playing like a team with a severe chip on their shoulder. I hope i'm wrong because I really do love this team and am eating crow a little bit because i do think Mike has improved our D but we've got a ways to go.

Oh, and Vet, I owe you an apology for going off a while back. Sometimes i'm outa line.

Like water off a ducks back my friend Like water off a ducks back.
I may get pissed at 1st but I usually dont stay that way .

badger
10/11/2012, 09:37 AM
You should have created a pole :)

olevetonahill
10/11/2012, 09:43 AM
You should have created a pole :)

Not sure If I can,

I see saxet as a definite W fer us
If we spank ND like I think we will its gonna be smoother than OVJ from there on out

SoonerStormchaser
10/11/2012, 09:46 AM
Notre Dame, West Virginia and maybe little brother.

olevetonahill
10/11/2012, 09:52 AM

Ok if you think that then Tell me why?

rock on sooner
10/11/2012, 10:04 AM
Well, two big ifs...get by the whorns and Domers, then we
don't lose in the regular season. I've said all along to beware
of ISU...they've got a pretty decent defense and a coach that
the players run through brick walls for. I'm hoping they do
their thing with K State this weekend, cause I don't think they
can do it twice at home in one season.

sooneron
10/11/2012, 10:05 AM
The only game ahead that I think we will be rightfully favored to lose will be WV. Probably a night game at a place where the fans make vet look like Thurston Howell III. ;) They have an offense that can be balanced and they have sick talent. It will probably be a shoot out with us coming up short. I can see us losing there by about 7 -10 points if Smith & Co. are on their game.

BoulderSooner79
10/11/2012, 10:56 AM
I've been here for years and no one has ever beaten us if I read all the posts right - we've only beaten ourselves. :surprise:
There have been a few times that we lost control and really torn into ourselves; say in Stoolwater last year. Hope we are over that level of self loathing.

I'd say we are feeling ambivalent this week and it's a coin toss whether we reward or punish ourselves. It all depends on what LJ decides to do when the horns D beats our protection. It will happen more in this game than any previous game. There will most likely be a couple of times the best he could do is to take the sack and just not fumble.

Soonerjeepman
10/11/2012, 11:00 AM
watching one of the previous games...maybe 03? Nate or Jason was qb'ing...they threw like 4 pics...I kept watching thinking...crap we WON this game? lol...ugly win...but a win.

BoulderSooner79
10/11/2012, 11:07 AM
watching one of the previous games...maybe 03? Nate or Jason was qb'ing...they threw like 4 pics...I kept watching thinking...crap we WON this game? lol...ugly win...but a win.

I seriously doubt it was '03 or you have a weird definition of "ugly win".

sooneron
10/11/2012, 11:29 AM
It was 02. N8 did not play a good game that day.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/11/2012, 11:41 AM
You all just need to promise me that you won't cry too hard if Domer beats us at home.It's up to you as a Sooner adoptee to bequeath mojo to Bob and the team. An OU win over the domer in Norman would provide wonderful relief over the ire from the disgusting record we have with those media darling primadonnas.

Okie35
10/11/2012, 12:39 PM

Notre Dame, no. I see that being like that Miami game when they came to Norman. All hype until the game is played. ND hasn't been in that atmosphere. WVU yes but little brother no unless they get a new QB overnight.

SoonerPride
10/11/2012, 12:59 PM
West virginia.

Maybe.

No one else.

Then the bowl game we'll see.

KantoSooner
10/11/2012, 03:03 PM
NO one other than WVU. And, I am not sure I can see Smith continuing to pass at 80%. I think we'll have the fastest D he'll see this year.

Notre Dame must not just be beaten but destroyed. If a single one of their players leaves alive I'll be sick with disappointment.

HateTheWhorns
10/11/2012, 03:18 PM
And Why do you think we will lose? Im still reading 3 or 4 loss's this year so Whos gonna hand em to us?

Iowa St. and W. Virginia.

We beat:

Texas: I like the match-ups on and off the field (M. Stoops)
Kansas: Please
Notre Dame: Front 7 will give us problems, but ND offense is suspect and we will make enough plays to take them down.
Baylor: Home field advantage. 52-27.
OSU: I don't know....82-17-7 comes to mind. We beat them 48-28.
TCU: New QB and a good (but not great) Def.

Iowa St. - Seem to play spread offenses better than most in Big XII. I consider them KSU lite........well coached, well rounded, few mistakes, and road game.

W. Virginia - Offense is legit. They will make fewer mistakes than OU (L. Jones)

texas bandman
10/11/2012, 04:52 PM
Nobody, we've just started our run to 48 consecutive wins!!! BOOMER!

cleller
10/11/2012, 05:00 PM
ND and W Va.

ND- Brian Kelly seems to have lots of momentum. Plus The Curse.
W VA- Can't contain them at their house. Crowd will rattle the offense.

SoonerorLater
10/11/2012, 05:32 PM
We lose to ND, WV and Texas in that order of confidence.

SoonerCLF
10/11/2012, 07:41 PM
WV worries me the most any other team left on the schedule. I fear the speed of Tavon Austin, and I doubt anyone on the Sooners D can keep up with him. So, that means always having a safety over the top on him which is leaving the middle of the defense even more vulnerable. Let Tavon get deep one on one with a corner and he'll be long gone.

Sooners should win at home against ND unless bad Landry shows up.

Rest of 'em should have the Sooners favored by quite a bit...

StoopTroup
10/12/2012, 01:05 AM
Why? Why ask Why? I think this should always be a question you ask the week of the game against the opponent you face. I believe our Team is capable of getting better if injuries are avoided like in 2000. Injuries and some suspensions/probations have hurt us many times.

I try to take them week by week. Folks are free to speculate why but unless they have up to date scouting reports on the Team we play that week....it seems like a huge waste of hot air IMO.

Breadburner
10/12/2012, 06:50 AM
ourselves....

stoopified
10/12/2012, 07:23 AM
ourselves....bingo, we are already 1-0 against ourselves.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/12/2012, 08:33 AM
Oklahoma will be the first team to significantly slow down WVU this season. I'm looking forward to Oklahoma reading their defense like a book and Gino Smith either throwing his first pick of the season in this game and finishing with about 3 of them in this game.

StoopTroup
10/12/2012, 10:03 AM
ourselves....

That's as good an answer as any.

BoulderSooner79
10/12/2012, 10:45 AM
ourselves....

And sometimes when we get started beating ourselves, we don't stop until we are a bloody pulp. Like the poke game last year. There was this one game, early January in '05 I think it was, we were so angry with ourselves that we bludgeoned our own head so many times that most of us don't even recall what happened.

But yeah, we only beat ourselves. :beaten::hurt::loyal: