PDA

View Full Version : Rob..the Gas Station OU/TX Oracle

SoonerinSouthlake
10/9/2012, 08:47 PM
I think I may have posted about this guy before...but not sure

For those of you who live in DFW area you may be familiar with the Food Mart Gas Station at the corner of Esters and 114 on the North East side.

Anyways for the past 10 years Ive been going in there a couple of times a week during the work day for a coke or whatever, and there is an attendant in there name Rob. 50-something guy with scraggly hair, bad dental situations etc etc. But a pretty friendly guy. And he's always up on the sports scenes. My guess is he spends a lot of his gas station wages on gambling.

So for the each of the past 10 or so years I ask him who he likes in the RRS. And Im telling you, even when we are really even, or when there is an upset brewing, the guy NEVER misses...he has picked it right every year.

So.........................drum roll.............................................. .......................

Rob, while admitting this year was a tough call has picked............................................ .......

the SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONERS!!!!

enjoy the week everyone!

olevetonahill
10/9/2012, 09:07 PM
Drunk Bastage I love him
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMER

IslandSooner
10/9/2012, 09:25 PM
Bank it....

soonerboy_odanorth
10/9/2012, 11:11 PM
Bank it....

Yeah.... All the good Karma generated from the OP?

You just killed it.

Dead.

I hate you.

MamaMia
10/9/2012, 11:50 PM
Wow! Thats cool. :)

thecrimsoncrusader
10/10/2012, 06:10 AM
Bank it....

You could have at least spelled it incorrectly like Raghib "Rocket" Ismail. It's B.A.N.C.K, BANCK!!!

cleller
10/10/2012, 08:45 AM
Is this station anywhere near the Ikea?

I have to take my wife to Ikea sometime, (dreading it) and would love to stop in.

ouduckhunter
10/10/2012, 12:12 PM
Very cool!! I used to live in Las Colinas, and would make frequent beer stops on my way home from work in some of those fine quicky marts. Good peeps, although I agree that many of them are dental hygiene challenged!

SoonerinSouthlake
10/10/2012, 04:05 PM
Is this station anywhere near the Ikea?

I have to take my wife to Ikea sometime, (dreading it) and would love to stop in.

Nope...it's in Las Colinas right across from the Wyndham.

He doesn't work Friday Saturday....so those of you coming a through town will not get to visit the OUTX Oracle this weekend ...but for those of you passing through as early as Thursday...go Pay homage and mention "the guy in the suit who asks about OUTX every year"

The Oracle will be most pleased and will hopefully smile on the Sooners for many years to come

StoopTroup
10/10/2012, 05:17 PM
Drunk Bastage I love him

NTTAWWT :D

salth2o
10/11/2012, 03:10 PM
Can you axe Rob about teh Presidential election? Does he have any insight on that one?

boomersooner28
10/11/2012, 03:20 PM
Great! Just took out a HELOC and I am headed to the sports book to put most of my mortgage equity on the SOONERS! Thanks for the tip!

MamaMia
10/11/2012, 04:19 PM
If only all the sportscasters knew. :D

MyT Oklahoma
10/11/2012, 08:15 PM
Can you axe Rob about teh Presidential election? Does he have any insight on that one?

Romney/Ryan are up 7 points in Florida today.

"Surf City here we come." = GOP tidal wave in 2012

SoonerinSouthlake
10/11/2012, 10:25 PM
Great! Just took out a HELOC and I am headed to the sports book to put most of my mortgage equity on the SOONERS! Thanks for the tip!

To be clear...he's nailed OUTX for 10 years straight. Other factors lead me to believe he isnt killing it, cash-wise, on his overall betting strategy

cleller
10/13/2012, 08:35 PM
Rob is The Man.

You will be buying him a slurpy and Texas Size Slim Jim on us, won't you?

And if Boomersooner28 followed thru on his mortgage equity bet, he should be sitting pretty good.

SoonerinSouthlake
10/13/2012, 11:14 PM
I will buy jerky there Monday a.m. and pay double price, gladly
Anyone heading out of town through Las Colinas tomorrow should do the same

StoopTroup
10/13/2012, 11:32 PM
If you could nail him down on how he's done vs the spread....I think we will all be using his expertise next year. I promise to help him get a better job once I cash in. Unless he likes working there....then we may all just pitch in and get him a Segway or a Harley. :D

SoonerinSouthlake
10/15/2012, 09:30 AM
thank you Oracle....thank you