PDA

View Full Version : Casey Pachall to leave TCU; will enter rehab

Salt City Sooner
10/9/2012, 01:42 PM
Thoughts to the young man, hope he's successful & beats this:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/story/_/id/8482903/tcu-horned-frogs-quarterback-casey-pachall-leave-school

Soonerjeepman
10/9/2012, 01:46 PM
yup...the choice is his, hopefully he'll make the right one. (have a fam member who is in AA)

Wishboned
10/9/2012, 01:54 PM
Best of luck to him, and I hope he's able to recover, and return to finish out his career.

MountainOkie
10/9/2012, 05:39 PM
Just curious, could he get a hardship year for addiction treatment?

Wishboned
10/9/2012, 06:00 PM
Just curious, could he get a hardship year for addiction treatment?

Dusty Dvoracek received a medical redshirt while he was going through treatment.

badger
10/9/2012, 06:03 PM
Entering rehab will.convince the ncaa to give hardship waiver. If they just said "dwugs" without the rehab, probably not.

It migh just be me, but it seems like the ncaa has been a bit more choosy in when they grant redshirts, waivers, immediate transfer eligibility, etc

MountainOkie
10/9/2012, 06:08 PM
Entering rehab will.convince the ncaa to give hardship waiver. If they just said "dwugs" without the rehab, probably not.

It migh just be me, but it seems like the ncaa has been a bit more choosy in when they grant redshirts, waivers, immediate transfer eligibility, etc

So you can't just take a year off do a lot of drugs and still get a medical redshirt? Fascists. ;)