PDA

View Full Version : Sad. Muslims execute Christian students

landrun
10/8/2012, 10:41 PM
How can these people reach the conclusion that their religion is peaceful!??? It is fill with hate!

http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2012/10/07/muslim-group-separates-names-then-executes-up-to-30-christian-students/

Muslim group separates, names then executes up to 30 Christian students

Multiple sources have confirmed that about 25 to 30 Christian college students were massacred at a university in northeastern Nigeria late Monday night, causing Christians to pray for a “change of heart” among the extremist Islamist group Boko Haram to put a stop to the continued violence.

While there is speculation as to the motive of the massacre, sources close to the human rights watchdog Open Doors USA confirm that the massacre was performed by Boko Haram.

The killings reportedly occurred in the late night hours on Oct. 1, when masked gunmen went door-to-door in the off-campus housing section of Federal Polytechnic College in Mubi, a city in the remote Adamawa State in northeastern Nigeria.

Open Doors USA sources confirmed that the gunmen separated the Christian students from the Muslim students, addressed each victim by name, questioned them, and then proceeded to shoot them or slit their throat.

“Open Doors is calling on Christians in the West to bear this horrific burden with our brothers and sisters in Mubi and Adamawa state,” Open Doors USA spokesman Jerry Dykstra said in a press release emailed to The Christian Post.

“Nigeria is becoming a killing field,” he added.

Fuentes told CP that according to a local Nigerian police chief, Monday night’s killing were performed by Boko Haram as an act of reprisal after 156 Boko Haram members were arrested in Mubi in late September.

Fuentes told CP over the phone interview that the goal of the terror group, which has reportedly overtaken 13 of Nigeria’s northern states, is to make the country a completely Islamic nation and rid it of all western influence.

“In these [Nigerian] states to be a Christian is of grave danger,” Fuentes said, adding that killing Christians is “Boko Haram’s way of wiping out western influence.”

Fuentes confirmed that in Mobi, where Monday’s massacre took place, there has been some form of violent attack on Christians nearly every day since Nov. 2011.

MamaMia
10/8/2012, 10:59 PM
Makes you wonder how much money the United States is giving to Nigeria.

ouwasp
10/8/2012, 11:04 PM
The Religion of Peace strikes again.

soonercruiser
10/10/2012, 10:56 PM
No latent effects from the Obama Tolerance Tour?

Skysooner
10/10/2012, 10:57 PM
No latent effects from the Obama Tolerance Tour?

That is beneath you.

yermom
10/10/2012, 11:13 PM
no Christians would or have ever done anything like this ever

Blue
10/10/2012, 11:17 PM

Give an example besides the Crusades which btw was completely against the teachings of Christianity. Your hate for Christ and Christians has warped your brain.

Skysooner
10/10/2012, 11:23 PM
Give an example besides the Crusades which btw was completely against the teachings of Christianity. Your hate for Christ and Christians has warped your brain.

The Inquisition for instance. Justification for slavery. Don't think religion is sacrosanct. There are tons of examples. It is like asking if the Bible is completely inerrant. To suggest otherwise is completely incorrect.

Blue
10/10/2012, 11:37 PM
Not getting into this.

LiveLaughLove
10/10/2012, 11:50 PM
The Inquisition for instance. Justification for slavery. Don't think religion is sacrosanct. There are tons of examples. It is like asking if the Bible is completely inerrant. To suggest otherwise is completely incorrect.
Simplistic drivelling bs.

beyond simplistic drivelling bs.

either of you name something in the last, oh I don't know, quarter century where Christians have done anything similar, and where Christians applauded said murders. You won't find them.

In roughly 500 years approximately 6000 people were killed during the Inquisitions. That's 12 people per year. This group murdered 30 in one night. 12 per year is too many, but they aren't even in the same universe, except in feeble attempts at moral equivalency.

Slavery ended because of Christians. The abolition movement was almost solely a Christian movement.

The rest is your opinion. You have one of those and one rear end. Your rear end makes more sense than your opinion.

KABOOKIE
10/11/2012, 06:11 AM
Muslim apologist.

yermom
10/11/2012, 08:12 AM
let's be clear, i'm not apologizing for Muslims, i'm equating fanatics.

how about everyone that talks to imaginary friends leave everyone else out of it?

XingTheRubicon
10/11/2012, 08:43 AM
how about everyone that eats gravy not compare half a millenium old events to current events?

Sooner98
10/11/2012, 09:24 AM

Nor would atheists. Ever.

Sooner98
10/11/2012, 09:29 AM
how about everyone that eats gravy not compare half a millenium old events to current events?

Impossible. Irrelevant events that happened seven centuries ago are their number one talking point to fall back on whenever Muslim violence is pointed out.

Skysooner
10/11/2012, 09:39 AM
Impossible. Irrelevant events that happened seven centuries ago are their number one talking point to fall back on whenever Muslim violence is pointed out.

I was answering the question "Give an example besides the Crusades which btw was completely against the teachings of Christianity." I wasn't alluding to it being relevant today. If you want a recent example, anti-abortion activists killing doctors which is definitely against the teachings of Christianity.

I have said in several previous threads that Islam is a potentially dangerous religion although most of the violence is done for political means rather than purely religious means.

LLL - Slavery ended because of some Christians. It was also justified by Christians. To say otherwise is to ignore history.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/11/2012, 10:06 AM
Nigeria is a failed state. I have been to Nigeria 3 times on business, I do not plan to go back - ever. The north is muslim and the south is Christian. If it weren't for the national capital (Abuja) being in the north, I suspect a civil war would have already broken out. Given the feelings of Boko Harum, they give no quarter to Christians and are ruthless to purge non-sharia thought, there is no discussion with them. Nigeria will need to kill all Boko Harum members or will eventually be in a fight for the country with them. Then you go to the south and the rampant corruption... Nigeria could be a tropical gem and a holiday place, it won't ever be IMO.

Skysooner
10/11/2012, 10:12 AM
Nigeria is a failed state. I have been to Nigeria 3 times on business, I do not plan to go back - ever. The north is muslim and the south is Christian. If it weren't for the national capital (Abuja) being in the north, I suspect a civil war would have already broken out. Given the feelings of Boko Harum, they give no quarter to Christians and are ruthless to purge non-sharia thought, there is no discussion with them. Nigeria will need to kill all Boko Harum members or will eventually be in a fight for the country with them. Then you go to the south and the rampant corruption... Nigeria could be a tropical gem and a holiday place, it won't ever be IMO.

Interesting THA. Thanks for the information. I had been approached to do some consulting over there, and I had lots of hesitation. This kind of event definitely makes me leery of ever stepping foot into the country.

I wasn't offering any kind of justification for such a thing before btw. I was answering a question. There are Muslim fanatics, Christian fanatics, Hindu fanatics, Jewish fanatics, and non-religious fanatics. It is simply their warped sense of a doctrine that gives them reason to do the horrible things they do.

Soonerjeepman
10/11/2012, 10:30 AM
I , anti-abortion activists killing doctors

umm...don't think ANY church express applause on the ONE or 2 nutt jobs that killed ONE or 2 doctors. Tiller was one...the others?

you're comparing a WHOLE movement to individual nutts...hmmm okay.

Skysooner
10/11/2012, 12:47 PM
umm...don't think ANY church express applause on the ONE or 2 nutt jobs that killed ONE or 2 doctors. Tiller was one...the others?

you're comparing a WHOLE movement to individual nutts...hmmm okay.

Just like comparing what these nutjob Muslims did to the whole religion? There just happen to be more of them, and they do much worse things. Realize that the political structure in the ME is using the religious beliefs of their populations to solidify power.

Few more incidents than one or two doctors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence

Of course there is no evidence that these people were all Christians nor am I trying to debate that.

Mississippi Sooner
10/11/2012, 12:51 PM
Boko Haram? Didn't they do Whiter Shade of Pale?

yermom
10/11/2012, 01:08 PM

everyone seems to forget Northern Ireland.

i've been around plenty of Muslims. i haven't been jihaded once.

i just take issue when broad strokes are used.

how about this:

some Catholic priests diddled some kids. ALL CHRISTIANS DIDDLE KIDS!

Soonerjeepman
10/11/2012, 01:23 PM
Sky,

I agree throwing a whole group under the bus is not appropriate, but (and I'm not putting all muslims in this group) but there is a large sect of muslims that DO believe in wiping out the Christian religion, in any way possible.

Skysooner
10/11/2012, 01:44 PM
Sky,

I agree throwing a whole group under the bus is not appropriate, but (and I'm not putting all muslims in this group) but there is a large sect of muslims that DO believe in wiping out the Christian religion, in any way possible.

Of course, it is potentially a very dangerous religion with very violent recent history.

KantoSooner
10/11/2012, 02:40 PM
I lived in Nigeria for five years (during and after the Biafran Civil war. A war largely fought between two Christian tribes, btw.) And I've travelled back there several times since. Nigeria was formed by the Brits and (vastly simplifying here) comprises, the Yoruba in the SW, the Ibo in the SE and the Hausa/Fulani in the North. Look at the the big 'Y' of the Niger and Benue rivers and you get a rough breakdown of who lives where. The Ibo are largely animist or Christian. The Yoruba are all animist and some strap Christianity on top of that, others Islam. The Hausa/Fulani (a mixture of two tribes, but they're culturally and historically extremely close) are almost all Muslim with a thick patina of animism. Both Christianity and Islam are, historically, very new to the area, not having much influence prior to 300 years ago.
They lived next to one another in rough peace until the 1960's when they were thrown together and you had oil money tossed in to give an incentive to fight. Subsequent to this, there has been a massive population explosion (50 million in around 1970 to somewhere around 175 million now). Most of that growth has been in the South and those extra folks want land to farm, places to live everybody is more mobile than ever before.
The conflict today is more of a tribal land grab than anything having to do with religion. Boko Haram is just trying to harness this tension to their own agenda. And they're doing a peachy job of it.

OU_Sooners75
10/11/2012, 03:08 PM
SkySooner...

Are you saying that all of the anti-abortion people are Christian?

diverdog
10/11/2012, 03:27 PM
I lived in Nigeria for five years (during and after the Biafran Civil war. A war largely fought between two Christian tribes, btw.) And I've travelled back there several times since. Nigeria was formed by the Brits and (vastly simplifying here) comprises, the Yoruba in the SW, the Ibo in the SE and the Hausa/Fulani in the North. Look at the the big 'Y' of the Niger and Benue rivers and you get a rough breakdown of who lives where. The Ibo are largely animist or Christian. The Yoruba are all animist and some strap Christianity on top of that, others Islam. The Hausa/Fulani (a mixture of two tribes, but they're culturally and historically extremely close) are almost all Muslim with a thick patina of animism. Both Christianity and Islam are, historically, very new to the area, not having much influence prior to 300 years ago.
They lived next to one another in rough peace until the 1960's when they were thrown together and you had oil money tossed in to give an incentive to fight. Subsequent to this, there has been a massive population explosion (50 million in around 1970 to somewhere around 175 million now). Most of that growth has been in the South and those extra folks want land to farm, places to live everybody is more mobile than ever before.
The conflict today is more of a tribal land grab than anything having to do with religion. Boko Haram is just trying to harness this tension to their own agenda. And they're doing a peachy job of it.

I had a chance to talk to author Sebastian Junger after he came back from the Niger River delta. He said the oil is the biggest issue along with massive corruption. The oil money is not flowing back to the people and there are issues.

LiveLaughLove
10/11/2012, 03:35 PM
everyone seems to forget Northern Ireland.

i've been around plenty of Muslims. i haven't been jihaded once.

i just take issue when broad strokes are used.

how about this:

some Catholic priests diddled some kids. ALL CHRISTIANS DIDDLE KIDS!

You can't seem to differentiate between religion being used for political reasons vs the religion itself.

Northern Ireland is a purely political struggle. The two religions are used to instigate the hatreds and keep them seething.

There is no justifications for the bloodshed from the Bible. None.

Islam on the other hand, is equal parts political document and holy script. Islam has no problem using religious fervor for political gains.

I dare say those enlightened atheists do the same. They simply substitute a deity for a politician or political party. And then set about killing those that oppose said party.

By the millions too.

yermom
10/11/2012, 03:38 PM
You can't seem to differentiate between religion being used for political reasons vs the religion itself.

Northern Ireland is a purely political struggle. The two religions are used to instigate the hatreds and keep them seething.

There is no justifications for the bloodshed from the Bible. None.

Islam on the other hand, is equal parts political document and holy script. Islam has no problem using religious fervor for political gains.

I dare say those enlightened atheists do the same. They simply substitute a deity for a politician or political party. And then set about killing those that oppose said party.

By the millions too.

try reading Kanto's post.

C&CDean
10/11/2012, 04:02 PM
Here's what I'm wondering:

How many times; and how many people do muslims have to murder before the left wingers like my friend yermom go "you know, there just might be a little fire where there's this horizon to horizon massive ****ing mushroom cloud of smoke"???

I swear to God I don't get the muslim apologists. And saying "I'm not a muslim apologist" doesn't hold water when every time (and it's quite often) muslims pricks are slaughtering innocent people and y'all go "well it ain't no different than christians." Yes, it is. Very different. If someone has to explain the difference then may I humbly submit to those that feel this way that you're a ****ing retard?

It's like "what the hell, 30 dead here, 120 there, 15 over there, 3,000 over there, 267 over here, hundreds and hundreds more over yonder, young girls being mutilated and murdered for doing **** like talking on a cell phone...but they're a peaceable people who are just like christians. I just don't see a difference."

Guess what? You're so ****ing wrong you should be thumped with a big stick. In the face. Really ****ing hard. Multiple times. Islam is a religion of hate and death. I don't give a **** how many muslims you hang with. Just wait till the **** hits the fan. They'll be the ones holding you down while Osama Jr. ***-rapes you to death with a ****ing koran.

End rant.

LiveLaughLove
10/11/2012, 04:13 PM
Here's what I'm wondering:

How many times; and how many people do muslims have to murder before the left wingers like my friend yermom go "you know, there just might be a little fire where there's this horizon to horizon massive ****ing mushroom cloud of smoke"???

I swear to God I don't get the muslim apologists. And saying "I'm not a muslim apologist" doesn't hold water when every time (and it's quite often) muslims pricks are slaughtering innocent people and y'all go "well it ain't no different than christians." Yes, it is. Very different. If someone has to explain the difference then may I humbly submit to those that feel this way that you're a ****ing retard?

It's like "what the hell, 30 dead here, 120 there, 15 over there, 3,000 over there, 267 over here, hundreds and hundreds more over yonder, young girls being mutilated and murdered for doing **** like talking on a cell phone...but they're a peaceable people who are just like christians. I just don't see a difference."

Guess what? You're so ****ing wrong you should be thumped with a big stick. In the face. Really ****ing hard. Multiple times. Islam is a religion of hate and death. I don't give a **** how many muslims you hang with. Just wait till the **** hits the fan. They'll be the ones holding you down while Osama Jr. ***-rapes you to death with a ****ing koran.

End rant.

True dat.

The problem is they (meaning the people on here) tend to dislike and hate Christians and Christianity much more. Not sure why, but I believe it's for political reasons. We stand up for social issues that they don't like.

The people being murdered and dying and fighting are in other countries for the most part, so no harm no foul to them.

yermom
10/11/2012, 04:42 PM
i don't want to live in a theocracy is all. sure, a Muslim theocracy is worse, but that doesn't mean i want to live under the Christian one you guys seem to want to push

KantoSooner
10/11/2012, 04:45 PM
LLL,
I'm a free form disliker of religion in politics...and of religion being forced down my throat. And, this being a vastly majority Christian country, most of what's being forced down my throat on the religious front is Christian.
Personally, I find all religion to be dressed up iron-age fairy tales, but that's my perogative in a free society, just as it's yours to follow your faith.
I'm well aware of the atrocities of Muslims, Hindu's, Budhists and other religious groups around the world. (And of the religio/political things out there like Tupac Amaru, the Communist Party of North Korea and the rest). They are all symptomatic of a belief that they possess the sole, completely defined and exclusive truth. And once you reach that conclusion, it's easy to see that compromise and restraint are utterly unacceptable.

I don't find anything to particularly apologize for in being more concerned with things in my own country than in other nations. And no, that doesn't make for moral equivalency between say, a Muslim slaughter of little school girls and a wingnut Christian insistence that creationism be taught in schools, or that I be forbidden to buy wine on Sundays. Obviously, there's a deep distinction in kind and degree between the two.

The fact that both are motivated by a belief that a religiously derived position is due absolute respect, however, should tend to raise our guard, if not also our hackles. And, in my view, it should lead us to insist that purely religious strictures, absent any non-religious philosophical justification, should never be made general law.

LiveLaughLove
10/11/2012, 04:51 PM
i don't want to live in a theocracy is all. sure, a Muslim theocracy is worse, but that doesn't mean i want to live under the Christian one you guys seem to want to push
Hold your breath until you find an actual Christian American that is advocating for a theocracy.

I'll send flowers to your family.

LiveLaughLove
10/11/2012, 04:57 PM
LLL,
I'm a free form disliker of religion in politics...and of religion being forced down my throat. And, this being a vastly majority Christian country, most of what's being forced down my throat on the religious front is Christian.
Personally, I find all religion to be dressed up iron-age fairy tales, but that's my perogative in a free society, just as it's yours to follow your faith.
I'm well aware of the atrocities of Muslims, Hindu's, Budhists and other religious groups around the world. (And of the religio/political things out there like Tupac Amaru, the Communist Party of North Korea and the rest). They are all symptomatic of a belief that they possess the sole, completely defined and exclusive truth. And once you reach that conclusion, it's easy to see that compromise and restraint are utterly unacceptable.

I don't find anything to particularly apologize for in being more concerned with things in my own country than in other nations. And no, that doesn't make for moral equivalency between say, a Muslim slaughter of little school girls and a wingnut Christian insistence that creationism be taught in schools, or that I be forbidden to buy wine on Sundays. Obviously, there's a deep distinction in kind and degree between the two.

The fact that both are motivated by a belief that a religiously derived position is due absolute respect, however, should tend to raise our guard, if not also our hackles. And, in my view, it should lead us to insist that purely religious strictures, absent any non-religious philosophical justification, should never be made general law.

It's your prerogative to believe anything you choose. Doesn't mean you are accurate.

Our founders were men of faith, of almost universally Christian faith to varying degrees. I think they managed to set up a pretty good system. Maybe you don't, that's fine.

The muslim problem is overseas for the most part, for now. It won't remain so if it has it's way. You can spend your time doddling on about Christians. The muslims will behead you just the same if they gain power here.

I think the trials and travails of living amongst us is much better for your well being, you can disagree. After all, it's your prerogative.

Sooner98
10/11/2012, 04:59 PM

Who exactly is pushing this mythical, strawman Christian theocracy that would be in direct violation of the First Amendment of our nation's Constitution?

LiveLaughLove
10/11/2012, 05:11 PM
Who exactly is pushing this mythical, strawman Christian theocracy that would be in direct violation of the First Amendment of our nation's Constitution?

Nobody but, shh, don't tell. Let em fret. They need the exercise.

C&CDean
10/11/2012, 06:21 PM
I don't see any religious group shoving themselves down anyone's throat in this country. I just don't get where y'all non-believers are coming up with this hokey ****. I see a hell of a lot more anti-religion stuff these days than pro-religion. Look around.

I see muslims across the world killing other muslims and innocent infidels. I see them proclaiming theirs is the only way - or death is the only other option. I just haven't found any "christian" groups with this MO. Why the hell should you care if Joe Blow believes he's gotta say some hail marys or he's going to hell? Y'all scream and shout for gay rights, but if a christian goes "I think they should at least mention the Bible in school and explain to kids what it is (a semi-historical document that some believe is the word of God??) you want him drawn and quartered. WTF?

yermom
10/11/2012, 06:22 PM

straw man my ***. i don't have to go back too many posts to find out great the country is because it was founded by Christians

tell me why gay people shouldn't get married without without invoking God and The Bible. why can't i buy booze on Sunday? pr0n?

C&CDean
10/11/2012, 06:30 PM
straw man my ***. i don't have to go back too many posts to find out great the country is because it was founded by Christians

tell me why gay people shouldn't get married without without invoking God and The Bible. why can't i buy booze on Sunday? pr0n?

1. The country was founded by christians.

2. Gay people shouldn't be married cause it ain't right to roll over at night and feel a hairy *** next to you.

3. Cause the liquor store people don't want you to.

4. Pron? It's everywhere. What's your beef?

LiveLaughLove
10/11/2012, 06:31 PM

And there you have what equates to a theocracy these days.

free speech for all. Except Christians, because their free speech equals a demand for a theocracy.

Blue
10/11/2012, 06:36 PM
I could care less if the govt allowed gays to get married. The problem will come when you get your way, Yermom and my church says, "No we won't marry Yermom and his partner" and then you sue my pastor and church for a hate crime. And don't even try to act like that won't happen. My church wouldn't budge and would then be forced to go underground. That will happen eventually. Alcohol on Sunday is dumb and most of those laws are going by the wayside.

Who's stopping you from wanking yourself 5 times a day to some perversion of what God created sex to be?

Skysooner
10/11/2012, 07:05 PM
SkySooner...

Are you saying that all of the anti-abortion people are Christian?

No, I specifically said that it doesn't say they are all Christian, so my presumption was they were not. There are all kinds of a**holes out there, and they don't need much to set them off. Could be religion, society screwing them over or a hangnail.

C&CDean
10/11/2012, 08:29 PM
No, I specifically said that it doesn't say they are all Christian, so my presumption was they were not. There are all kinds of a**holes out there, and they don't need much to set them off. Could be religion, society screwing them over or a hangnail.

I'm as anti-abortion as they come, and you won't find me darkening the doorways of any local church. My deal ain't a hangnail. My deal is not ever meeting at least 2 of my own children that I was a party in making sure they were exterminated. You ever been there? Then you ain't got a dog in this fight.

yermom
10/11/2012, 10:00 PM
i don't think it's right, and i am not Christian as most of you might have guessed by now

SCOUT
10/11/2012, 11:43 PM
And there you have what equates to a theocracy these days.

free speech for all. Except Christians, because their free speech equals a demand for a theocracy.

This is my view, as well. Saying a that our country was founded by Christians is establishing a Theocracy is a stretch. We can debate the truthfulness of that claim all day. I think those who disagree would be surprised, but that is another topic.

If my view of the world isn't in agreement with your secular view, then it is a violation of (the fictitious) separation of church and state? Maybe we should stop and define the concept of free speech.

Blue
10/12/2012, 12:09 AM
The seperation of church and state had to do w/ the govt getting all up in the churches business. Not the other way around. With the taxpayer funded abortion issue and the gay marriage issue (which I said previously would allow all kinds of gay couples to ask to be married in churches all over this country knowing full well they will be denied and they will in turn file lawsuits) it's getting dangerously close to being a true country dividing issue.

You think its bad now, Yermom.

Skysooner
10/12/2012, 12:12 AM
I'm as anti-abortion as they come, and you won't find me darkening the doorways of any local church. My deal ain't a hangnail. My deal is not ever meeting at least 2 of my own children that I was a party in making sure they were exterminated. You ever been there? Then you ain't got a dog in this fight.
Don't presume anything. Also this isn't an abortion debate. It was saying crazies are crazies regardless of anything else.

Killerbees
10/12/2012, 02:37 AM
I often wonder about the mental capacity of the people that twist this topic into a discussion of how they are being oppressed by christian extremists in this country. Then in the the next breath start equivocating a few isolated incidents in one religion to being just as awful as the widespread violence in another.

Whats even more laughable is that most of the same people champion feminist goals. Only in some twisted view of world could someone stand up for a religion that clearly views women as property.

Are violent crimes committed by christians. Sure, occasionally. There are bad apples in every bunch. The same with any group of people, regardless if you divide them up by race, religion, sex or any other means. There are always gonna be people that take something and twist it to get the result they desire.

The difference in Islam is that it isn't just an isolated case here or there. There are tens of thousands of imams spewing hate and violence at mosques all over this world. Whats worse is that even though the ones that don't spew that garbage outnumber the violent ones, they all still preach the same doctrine that strips women of basic rights. I know first hand. I have heard imams, moderate imams, state that yes you can beat your wife just not on her face. Yes, its that womans fault that she got raped because she didnt have a hijab on. No, that womans testimony isnt worth the same as a man's. No, that woman doesn't have any say so in who she gets married to, she is her father's property and he is free to marry her to whomever he feels like. Usually the one paying the most money.

What apologists fail to realize is that Islam is not just a religion. It covers every aspect of a society, like finance, laws, welfare and politics. They cannot separate the religious aspect from the rest and just live peacefully. Once they can obtain a majority in a region or nation you can be assured that the rest will follow.

You don't have to take my word for it though. Just click around the internet and see how many imams you find preaching hate and then go find one preacher trying to get people to go out and kill anyone. In this sick and twisted world you probably will find one, but you won't be able to count the number of imams.

Hell, the religion of peace killed more people last week than christianity has over the last 100 yrs.

Sooner98
10/12/2012, 07:48 AM

So, wanting to uphold laws and principles that have been in place for all of our nation's 236 years is tantamount to pushing for a theocracy? That's like saying that we've been living in a theocracy all these years. Alrighty then.

yermom
10/12/2012, 08:13 AM
look, i wasn't the one begging for the so called "Muslim apologists" to join in ;)

and yeah, laws need to be changed when they are dumb. what might have seemed reasonable in 1789 might have changed a little

even the Bill of Rights were amendments, and there are been a few more since

TheHumanAlphabet
10/12/2012, 09:05 AM
Interesting THA. Thanks for the information. I had been approached to do some consulting over there, and I had lots of hesitation. This kind of event definitely makes me leery of ever stepping foot into the country.

I wasn't offering any kind of justification for such a thing before btw. I was answering a question. There are Muslim fanatics, Christian fanatics, Hindu fanatics, Jewish fanatics, and non-religious fanatics. It is simply their warped sense of a doctrine that gives them reason to do the horrible things they do.

Sky, to be fair, there are many in my company in Lagos currently. I would say half think it is great there and half can't wait to get out of there. As an expat, I don't think there is much to do there, they stay in the expat areas pretty much. But our company security is tight, other companies may be more relaxed and let people go around more.Armed robberies are common in Lagos, kidnapping tend to seem to cluster in the Delta region. Nigeria has the highest company expat uplift with the exception of Iraq, if that tells you something.

Skysooner
10/12/2012, 09:15 AM
Sky, to be fair, there are many in my company in Lagos currently. I would say half think it is great there and half can't wait to get out of there. As an expat, I don't think there is much to do there, they stay in the expat areas pretty much. But our company security is tight, other companies may be more relaxed and let people go around more.Armed robberies are common in Lagos, kidnapping tend to seem to cluster in the Delta region. Nigeria has the highest company expat uplift with the exception of Iraq, if that tells you something.

I would mainly be consulting on reservoir issues. With luck, I would never even have to visit there. It is all something to consider anyway.

KantoSooner
10/12/2012, 09:42 AM
LLL,
That some percentage of the founders were Christians is hardly breaking news. (Though some were deists, like Jefferson; and some were atheists, like Franklin; it was a different world and failure to be devout pretty much disallowed public life.)
That this somehow means that Christianity has any particular role in our nation is far wide of the fact, however.
The founders were at pains to keep religion out of government, and for good reason: they knew that things tend to change over time and that today's state religion tends to, someday, be supplanted by another. Better to keep religion over in the religion zone and government over where it belongs.
It's one of the dangers of not teaching civics in the schools anymore that people have increasingly forgotten this point and tend to get their information from zippy little web sites set up by partisan hacks.