PDA

View Full Version : Dear Mosquito

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/22/2004, 11:58 PM
YOU SUCK!

I hate it that I go to bed and you have sneaked into my house and started to gnaw my leg off.

I hate it that I walk into the backyard and come back in with bites on my feet because of your blood sucking.

I hate it that Iyou carry the West Nile Virus

And do you know what else? I'm GLAD that you die after sucking my blood (at least that's what I hear).

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/23/2004, 12:01 AM
Oh and I hate you because when I was a baby your ancestors bit me so many times my mom took me to the pediatrician because she thought I had chicken pox.

And I hate it that sometimes I don't know you have bitten me, but I shave my legs and spot a bite and it starts itching.

YOU SUCK!

Beano's Fourth Chin
7/23/2004, 12:26 AM
That poem doesn't even rhyme.

I don't think mosquitos die after biting. Bees do.

You ever been bit by a dead bee?

King Crimson
7/23/2004, 12:41 AM
me no likee mosquito.

me can live with spider, moth in house--easy catch in jar, take outside. me think bee OK. me no threaten bee, bee no sting. understanding.

mosquito try steal blood. me no likee mosquito.

snp
7/23/2004, 01:55 AM
I wouldn't mind if every mosquito and fire ant was wiped off the face of the earth.

No matter what the ecological damage would be. Wouldn't matter one iota to me.

Frozen Sooner
7/23/2004, 02:21 AM
We've got a lot of mosquitos up here. Big 'uns. Fortunately for me, I'm not even slightly allergic to them. I don't even get an itch where I've been bitten.

OUBabe
7/23/2004, 06:50 AM
I don't remember them ever being this bad.
The other night I covered my entire body with spray and when I reached up to cut some tree limbs, they took advantage of a bit of exposed skin and bit me multiple times.

They did a little thing on the news the other day....flick don't smash...smashing releases all the nasty stuff in their blood into where they just bit ya

jk the sooner fan
7/23/2004, 06:54 AM
WEST NILE ALERT.......QUARRANTINE SBSB

Boffingham
7/23/2004, 07:20 AM
I went to watch a 15 minute firework display on the 4th and when we got home, my wife counted 66 bites on my feet alone.

crawfish
7/23/2004, 07:22 AM

Is that a haiku?

ultimatesooner1
7/23/2004, 08:11 AM
put a used dryer sheet in your pocket or belt loop and they won't touch you

Mjcpr
7/23/2004, 08:35 AM
OFF is your friend.

Beef
7/23/2004, 08:43 AM
My mosquitos are immune to off. Bastages.

Barney
7/23/2004, 08:44 AM

You've been bit by a dead mosquito??

VeeJay
7/23/2004, 08:55 AM
I have a problem with ants.

Diazinon is my friend.

BlondeSoonerGirl
7/23/2004, 09:00 AM
Are mosquitos attracted to the smell of your blood or the carbon dioxide we emit?

Whatever it is - they don't like me. I never have to use Off or anything. They won't come anywhere near me.

Maybe I have stinky blood? Or stinky carbon dioxide?

KC//CRIMSON
7/23/2004, 09:02 AM
Dear Mosquito,

Please do not bite me on the scrotum anymore, I've had enough fun.

thanks,

me.

Beano's Fourth Chin
7/23/2004, 09:06 AM
The biggest mosquitos I've ever seen were on the boundary waters between Minnesota and Canada. If they continue to gett bigger the further North you go, I don't ever want to see an Alaska mosquito.

snp
7/23/2004, 01:45 PM
I would prefer mosquitos over SUPER KILLER DESTRUCTO BUGS. (http://stream.eizodana.com/olympus/m01_hi.wmv)

That video scares me.

Sooner51
7/23/2004, 01:50 PM
I've never seen one operate, but I'm curious to see how effective these are.
http://images.sharperimage.com.edgesuite.net/all/en/images/products/FL700-PIP.JPG

Flagstaffsooner
7/23/2004, 01:51 PM
I dare YOU! Berate the State Bird of Baytown, TX!

SoonerInFla
7/23/2004, 02:32 PM
Try Skin So Soft. It's some kinda girly lotion but it works better than Off.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
7/23/2004, 05:23 PM
http://images.sharperimage.com.edgesuite.net/all/en/images/products/FL700-PIP.JPG
My friends have one but the skeeters still love me

Frozen Sooner
7/23/2004, 05:29 PM
Well, sure. How is your friend owning one of those things going to help you?

boomersooner28
7/23/2004, 05:31 PM
The Mosquito Deleto! Classic! Buy a machine that ATTRACTS mosquitos? Yeah, sure it kills some of them...but, still that makes NO sense to me. Yes, mosquitos are attracted to the CO2 that we emit. Apparently, I leak CO2 like Mack Brown leaks horrible quotes.....skeeters LOVE ME!

dhess68
7/23/2004, 08:04 PM
Dear Mosquito,

Please do not bite me on the scrotum anymore, I've had enough fun.

thanks

me

Never been bitten there thank god, but lots of other places i would rather not mention....Skin so soft does work....Off doesn't do squat for me at all.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/2/2005, 03:28 PM
TTFT!!!!!!!

I blame Jed.

silverwheels
8/2/2005, 03:30 PM
I woke up with a couple of bites on my arm the other day. Chicken**** mosquitoes can't even be man enough to come after me when I'm awake! :mad:

KC//CRIMSON
8/2/2005, 03:35 PM
Hmmmm. Skin So Soft on the scrote? Maybe I'll try that soon.

Mjcpr
8/2/2005, 03:36 PM
Hmmmm. Skin So Soft on the scrot? Maybe I'll try that soon.
An added benefit is the wrinkle remover it has in it. It's like a cue ball with hair.

BlondeSoonerGirl
8/2/2005, 03:36 PM
TTFT!!!!!!!

I blame Jed.

Jed let a mosquito in your house?

BASTARD!

TopDaugIn2000
8/2/2005, 03:40 PM
I wouldn't mind if every mosquito and fire ant was wiped off the face of the earth.

No matter what the ecological damage would be. Wouldn't matter one iota to me.

would there be any? I mean, really, what purpose do they serve????

Mjcpr
8/2/2005, 03:41 PM
Lots of skinny frogs and ardvarks.

C&CDean
8/2/2005, 03:42 PM
1. "Off" works - as long as the DEET factor is at least 29%+. You need to buy the heavy duty sportsman stuff and check the DEET content.

2. I don't have skeet problems at all (that's because I mow my lawn and about 30 acres around my lawn and don't have any puddles/standing water anywhere close. In town, you can be doing everything you can, but your POS neighbors may have a veritable skeeter breeding ground in their back yard.

3. I'd take 10 skeeter bites on ol' Gus over one damn chigger bite on my ankle. Chiggers itch 50 times worse than a skeeter. After a bout with chiggers, you walk around looking like those PWT heifers in the Walmart with the bites/scabs all over their legs. Nasty.

4. Ticks are #1 on my hate list. Evil, vile, nasty, filthy little buggars.

TopDaugIn2000
8/2/2005, 03:42 PM
I dont' have much of a problem with the ants, but I sure could do w/o those damn mosquitos

and the frogs can just adapt and eat more flies or something. we could do with less flies too

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
8/2/2005, 03:49 PM
Jed let a mosquito in your house?

BASTARD!I blame him because after I saw him on Thursday the bastages started biting.

GottaHavePride
8/2/2005, 03:51 PM
4. Ticks are #1 on my hate list. Evil, vile, nasty, filthy little buggars.
When I was around 7 years old I got a tick bite on my junk. That itched like hell.

IB4OU2
8/2/2005, 03:54 PM
Seed ticks are the worst of any of them..........then chiggers.....

C&CDean
8/2/2005, 03:59 PM
Seed ticks are the worst of any of them..........then chiggers.....

A couple years ago I was out spring turkey hunting and forgot to spray. I came in and removed 37 seed ticks from my person. I itched for weeks. Chiggers itch worse, but seed ticks itch much, much longer.

IB4OU2
8/2/2005, 04:05 PM
A couple years ago I was out spring turkey hunting and forgot to spray. I came in and removed 37 seed ticks from my person. I itched for weeks. Chiggers itch worse, but seed ticks itch much, much longer.

I used to have to remove them with plummers tape, folded over and pat down the exposed area. It would get some of them ...but not all.

The wildlife department gave us a tip. Put 7 dust in a sock and pat it on your boots, britches (around the anle), and around the waste. I started doing that and haven't had a seed tick or a tick in several years.....it works. (Don't know what it does to your central nervous system though....Don't know what it does to your central nervous system though....Don't know what it does to your central nervous system though....Don't know what it does to your central nervous system though.....)

BoogercountySooner
8/2/2005, 07:53 PM
I used to have to remove them with plummers tape, folded over and pat down the exposed area. It would get some of them ...but not all.

The wildlife department gave us a tip. Put 7 dust in a sock and pat it on your boots, britches (around the anle), and around the waste. I started doing that and haven't had a seed tick or a tick in several years.....it works. (Don't know what it does to your central nervous system though....Don't know what it does to your central nervous system though....Don't know what it does to your central nervous system though....Don't know what it does to your central nervous system though.....)

Permanone on your clothes for Ticks is the way to go Bro! :rolleyes:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/23/2006, 10:44 PM
TTFT for the 3rd year in a row.

In Cozumel, I got bites on my legs and feet even though I sprayed Off.

Today, three of those blood sucking bastards bit my hand.

Sooner24
6/23/2006, 11:54 PM
I have a pond about 30 yards from my back door and we seldom ever have mosquito problems. But like Dean I keep my 1 acre mowed and make sure I don't have standing water everywhere. SBSB do you have a bird bath? They are skeeter breeding grounds. Also I have a Martin house and they swoop around in the back all the time. I don't know if they are eatting them or not but they are fun to watch.

Sooner24
6/23/2006, 11:56 PM

Is that a mosquito BBQer? :confused:

Preservation Parcels
6/24/2006, 12:14 AM
Mosquitoes are attracted to people who eat bananas. Apparently, they cause people to give off a smell for a couple of weeks that mosquitoes find irresistible.

Mosquitoes hate the smell of citrus. If you're having a party, put some lemon Joy dish soap in a hose-end sprayer and soak down your yard, trees, and bushes right before the festivities. It doesn't hurt the lawn a bit, but the mosquitoes will leave.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
6/24/2006, 09:05 AM
I have a pond about 30 yards from my back door and we seldom ever have mosquito problems. But like Dean I keep my 1 acre mowed and make sure I don't have standing water everywhere. SBSB do you have a bird bath? They are skeeter breeding grounds. Also I have a Martin house and they swoop around in the back all the time. I don't know if they are eatting them or not but they are fun to watch.No, I don't have a bird bath. I can get bitten by a mosquito when I am just walking down the street. The only thing that helps is being with people who get bitten more than I do. At the wedding last weekend, IronSooner ended up with 20 bites on his feet. I only ended up with about 10. I think it's just because his feet are bigger though.