PDA

View Full Version : Chevoski Collins

BoomerJ
10/8/2012, 01:16 PM
I read that this DB will make his commitment this morning between OU, Texas, TCU, and Baylor. I don't have the premium membership, so I couldn't read anything further. Does anyone know if he's made the commitment and to whom?

Thanks

Fraggle145
10/8/2012, 01:28 PM
Quick google search and Yahoo said solid verbal to Texas.

OU_Sooners75
10/8/2012, 02:11 PM
He committed Uterus.

No real shock there. Was a very solid verbal to Uterus before.

Bring on Cole Luke!!!!

BoomerJ
10/8/2012, 06:14 PM
Thanks.

picasso
10/8/2012, 09:15 PM
Sounds like the name of a Tennessee vodka.

Herr Scholz
10/9/2012, 08:37 AM
We recruited Collins as an ATH. Not sure which side of the ball he'll be on but probably at S or Nickel per one source. We're still heavily recruiting Cole Luke at CB as well as Marcell Harris at S. You take both of those guys no matter what.

OU_Sooners75
10/9/2012, 03:59 PM
I'm pretty sure Luke will either end up at OU or ASU. I would be very surprised if he chooses Texas.

But since I just said that, now he will choose them. lol

StoopTroup
10/17/2012, 08:40 PM
Why any kid would take uterus other than loyalty right now is beyond me.

The Program is upside down like a cow turd in a chip tossing event.

8timechamps
10/18/2012, 05:47 PM
Why any kid would take uterus other than loyalty right now is beyond me.

The Program is upside down like a cow turd in a chip tossing event.

The only thing I can think is that the kid is a lifelong wHorn fan. Otherwise, I can't imagine why any recruit would pick UT over the Sooners right now.

Herr Scholz
10/19/2012, 08:45 AM
Here are some comments from our recruits after the beatdown. The guys who are committed in the 2013 and 2014 classes all said they're locked in and committed to help get things turned around.

A few comments from Texas commits ...

"It was really just a poor performance. ... I know they can perform better than that. But really that doesn't change my perception. I had people texting me like 'you still want to Texas?' but I'm strong with my commitment."

"I watched the whole game. I felt like they just weren't clicking on any level. It doesn't really faze me. I know what they're capable of. Everybody has one bad game here or there."

"That doesn't impact me. Our recruiting class is going to make everything a lot better."

"They played bad. It seemed like they weren't into it. Once they got down, they didn't seem like they were trying to get back up. I'm still strong with Texas, but they need to step it up."

"It doesn't impact my decision. I didn't get to see the game. When I heard about the score that kind of shocked me but it doesn't change anything for me."

"The Texas players would tell you they were embarrassed on Friday. If I'm being honest, I was too. They're going to get it together and I think our class will have the ability to step it up, so I'm not worried about it."

Comments from uncommitted players who were at the game ...

"I wasn't expecting they'd get blown out. It's just one game. What kind of shocked me more than anything else, as I was at the game and the score was getting out of hand, how all the UT fans were just getting up and leaving."

"When I saw them before the game, they didn't come out with the same intensity as they should before that game. Another game I went to, I knew they were going to bring it. This one, it looked like Oklahoma was more intense."

Widescreen
10/19/2012, 09:50 AM
I'm not sure what you would expect them to say. Those could be completely honest answers questions but they could also be standard boilerplate answers that hide the fact that they're reconsidering. I would expect most of them would stick, though.

Seamus
10/19/2012, 11:43 AM
"That doesn't impact me. Our recruiting class is going to make everything a lot better."

Classic. I hope all of their recruits believe this way.

8timechamps
10/19/2012, 10:26 PM
Here are some comments from our recruits after the beatdown. The guys who are committed in the 2013 and 2014 classes all said they're locked in and committed to help get things turned around.

A few comments from Texas commits ...

"It was really just a poor performance. ... I know they can perform better than that. But really that doesn't change my perception. I had people texting me like 'you still want to Texas?' but I'm strong with my commitment."

"I watched the whole game. I felt like they just weren't clicking on any level. It doesn't really faze me. I know what they're capable of. Everybody has one bad game here or there."

"They played bad. It seemed like they weren't into it. Once they got down, they didn't seem like they were trying to get back up. I'm still strong with Texas, but they need to step it up."

"It doesn't impact my decision. I didn't get to see the game. When I heard about the score that kind of shocked me but it doesn't change anything for me."

"The Texas players would tell you they were embarrassed on Friday. If I'm being honest, I was too. They're going to get it together and I think our class will have the ability to step it up, so I'm not worried about it."

Comments from uncommitted players who were at the game ...

"I wasn't expecting they'd get blown out. It's just one game. What kind of shocked me more than anything else, as I was at the game and the score was getting out of hand, how all the UT fans were just getting up and leaving."

"When I saw them before the game, they didn't come out with the same intensity as they should before that game. Another game I went to, I knew they were going to bring it. This one, it looked like Oklahoma was more intense."

I read a lot of the interviews done with OU/TX recruits (probably more Texas than OU), and it really wasn't too surprising that their tone sounded about the same as before the game. I wasn't expecting any Horn commits to change their mind, in fact, it may have strengthened their resolve (the old "wait til I get there" mentality).

It's the 2014 class (and beyond) that this win will have the most impact on, and I do think some of those kids took notice. A lot of it will depend on how UT finishes the year, and what happens with Mack.

In the end, I don't think any kid that has a dream of playing for the Horns was swayed at all.

jk the sooner fan
10/19/2012, 10:49 PM
a lot of those kids - recruits going to any D1 school - come from high schools with a varying degree of success......not ever 4 or 5 star recruit comes from an undefeated team....those kids know what it's like to win and lose

i think its kind of silly to think that kids expect they're going to a school that's going to go undefeated the whole time they're enrolled - and watching one loss is somehow going to detract from their original choice

kids pick schools for a lot of different reasons