PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas Review-Journal endorses Romney

badger
10/8/2012, 01:07 PM
I think it endorsed Obama in 2008, Bush in 2004.

Link (http://www.lvrj.com/opinion/for-president-173016161.html?numComments=85)

No state had a bigger stake in Wednesday's presidential debate than Nevada. No other state has suffered more economic hardship over the past five years. No state has a greater need for jobs than Nevada, which leads the nation with a real unemployment rate of at least 22 percent. No state will benefit more from a real economic recovery.

Nevada is one of a handful of swing states that will decide which man wins the White House one month from now. But Nevadans' impressions of Democratic President Barack Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney have been driven largely by negative advertising and stump speeches. Wednesday's debate marked the first time voters saw the men present, defend and contrast their ideas for how to grow the American economy and manage the executive branch of the federal government. Which man's leadership is more likely to spur investment in businesses and encourage companies to hire?

On Wednesday night, Nevadans watched Mr. Romney trounce the president. The evidence Mr. Romney systematically laid out exposed how the president's top-down interventions have virtually paralyzed our economy - and he presented a solution.

Nevadans need a president with a vision and political philosophy capable of restoring ingenuity, competition and excellence to our education and health care systems, of paring back the budget deficit and the explosive growth of our debt, of keeping energy affordable, of bringing back jobs and prosperity not just here, but in every American city with residents who want enough economic security to be able to take a Las Vegas vacation...

Tons more, worth a read. Check it out

TheHumanAlphabet
10/8/2012, 01:18 PM
How is that possible with the Union and Harry "I make **** up" Reid presence in Las Vegas???

Soonerjeepman
10/8/2012, 01:18 PM
interesting...my brother has a house in Vegas, he said it is horrible (economy) out there.

Sooner5030
10/8/2012, 01:37 PM
interesting...my brother has a house in Vegas, he said it is horrible (economy) out there.

I usually love it there.....but the last time I was there it was depressing to look at the lake....it was down pretty far. Started thinking - when will growth outstrip their water capacity?

badger
10/8/2012, 01:40 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong -- Californians moved east and raised housing prices with their move, then the bubble burst when the recession hit and housing prices plunged, leaving many upsidedown on mortgages.

I usually love it there.....but the last time I was there it was depressing to look at the lake....it was down pretty far. Started thinking - when will growth outstrip their water capacity?
I don't think Nevada was ever meant for much of anything, being a desert-like climate. Turning it into America's gambling resort was it's way of making the population and economy explode, but there had to be consequences too, I guess.

Soonerjeepman
10/8/2012, 01:44 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong -- Californians moved east and raised housing prices with their move, then the bubble burst when the recession hit and housing prices plunged, leaving many upsidedown on mortgages.

I don't think Nevada was ever meant for much of anything, being a desert-like climate. Turning it into America's gambling resort was it's way of making the population and economy explode, but there had to be consequences too, I guess.

Not sure, I know in his development it's half done with no completion in the future. Been that way for several years. If ya had $$ be a great time to buy out there...and in Florida.

I agree with your other statement...was trying to think of a good way to say...who the he11 would live in a desert...? without sounding too bad! LOL.