PDA

View Full Version : Why would you even believe Obama in now??

landrun
10/8/2012, 09:48 AM
This guys just said what people wanted to hear to get elected.
Then quickly did the exact opposite of what he claimed he was going to do.
What logical reason does anyone have for justifying their faith in anything this guys says?

http://townhall.com/columnists/terrypaulson/2012/10/08/had_enough_of_broken_promises

btw, for those of you wanting to turn a blind eye to what has happened over the last four years, remember Obama made these statements in good faith of his own free will knowing the situation we were in prior to being elected. So no, it isn't Bush's fault.

Had Enough of Broken Promises?

After watching the first debate, I refuse to believe that American voters will choose an encore for Obama's version of "hope and change." Regardless of his new campaign promises, Romney reminded us of Obama's failed trickle-down-government and his string of broken promises. Here are ten reasons that it's time for a change in Washington.

1. He said, "I am pledging to cut the deficit we inherited by half by the end of my first term in office." Instead the deficit has increased by over $5.3 trillion and keeps on growing!

2. He said, "Transparency and the rule of law will be the touchstones of this presidency." But he consistently made back-room deals, bringing Nancy Pelosi to say regarding the Affordable Care Act, "We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it." We are still finding out what is in it!

3. He promised, "Under the plan, if you like your current health insurance, nothing changes, except your costs will go down by as much as $2,500 per year." But, since 2009, premiums have risen by $2,370 a year. Health insurance premiums are becoming the biggest single monthly payment after mortgages. That cost will soon get a lot worse unless something is done.

4. He campaigned saying, "If you choose change, you will have a nominee who doesn't take a dime from Washington Lobbyists. Doesn't take a dime from Washington PACS. And when I am President, their days of setting the agenda in Washington will be over." He's rejected public funding and his contributions from the PACS and labor union are setting records.
- This is one of his most deceptive lies. I still have lib friends that think this is a reality. And the idea of him taking illegal contributions from foreign countries, as is now coming to light, is beyond thinkable to them!!

5. He promised that if Congress passed the stimulus plan, unemployment wouldn't go over 8%. Unemployment has been above 8% for 43 straight months, and 23 million Americans have stopped looking for work, are out of work, or are underemployed. More of the same policies is not the answer!
Really, by his own mouth and own numbers , the economy got WORSE than it would have had we not passed the stimulus bill. It actually reached 10%, going into double digits for the first time sincd the great depression.

6. He said investing in alternative energy and restricting our dependence on oil and gas would produce a profitable energy future. Solyndra went bankrupt taking our tax money with it. His policies have increased our dependence on foreign oil and resulted in exorbitant gas prices. Romney promises jobs and energy independence by taking advantages of our own energy resources.

7. He said he'd raise incomes for people, but Sentier Research reports that household incomes are down more than 8% since Obama took office. That's a reduction of over $4,000 for the average family. Can you afford four more years?

Only a democrat party minion would believe a word that comes out of this guys mouth. I can't believe that almost half of this country's population who would vote for this guy TWICE??

Skysooner
10/8/2012, 10:01 AM
This guys just said what people wanted to hear to get elected.
Then quickly did the exact opposite of what he claimed he was going to do.
What logical reason does anyone have for justifying their faith in anything this guys says?

http://townhall.com/columnists/terrypaulson/2012/10/08/had_enough_of_broken_promises

btw, for those of you wanting to turn a blind eye to what has happened over the last four years, remember Obama made these statements in good faith of his own free will knowing the situation we were in prior to being elected. So no, it isn't Bush's fault.

Only a democrat party minion would believe a word that comes out of this guys mouth. I can't believe that almost half of this country's population who would vote for this guy TWICE??

It isn't like Romney hasn't flip-flopped on numerous positions. He has earned his nickname "etch-a-sketch". That was why he was pushed pretty hard in the early Republican primaries. I'm not disagreeing with you on Obama. That is politics today which really sucks.

Question: Romney is about to give a major foreign policy speech today saying we should aid Syrian rebels. He criticized Obama for intervening in Libya. What is the big difference ultimately?

badger
10/8/2012, 10:04 AM
Don't think about it as a vote "for Obama." Rather, think about why people would be against Romney.

1- The people that seem to need the least amount of help right now, the wealthy, are probably going to be aided the most by a Republican president.

2- The last Republican president left a lot of people with sour tastes in their mouths. Katrina, bailout, Iraq/Afghanistan... etc.

Those are the two primary reasons why I think people will vote for Obama (or rather, against Romney). I don't think a lot of people believe that a Republican president will help the "little guys," and they are the ones that have suffered the most during this recession.

Is Obama believable? Not really, no. But is Romney, either?

diverdog
10/8/2012, 10:29 AM
It isn't like Romney hasn't flip-flopped on numerous positions. He has earned his nickname "etch-a-sketch". That was why he was pushed pretty hard in the early Republican primaries. I'm not disagreeing with you on Obama. That is politics today which really sucks.

Question: Romney is about to give a major foreign policy speech today saying we should aid Syrian rebels. He criticized Obama for intervening in Libya. What is the big difference ultimately?

In Libya we did not give the rebels heavy weapons. The Arab nations are wanting to give the Syrian rebels shoulder fired missile to take down Syrian aircraft. If they fall into the wrong hands it could be catastrophic.

The other issue. In Syria is that this is a Sunni vs Shi'ite fight we best stay out of. Sunni jihadist are flocking to Syria right now.

Turd_Ferguson
10/8/2012, 10:36 AM
Sunni jihadist are flocking to Syria right now.And you know this how?

hawaii 5-0
10/8/2012, 10:44 AM
Don't think about it as a vote "for Obama." Rather, think about why people would be against Romney.

1- The people that seem to need the least amount of help right now, the wealthy, are probably going to be aided the most by a Republican president.

2- The last Republican president left a lot of people with sour tastes in their mouths. Katrina, bailout, Iraq/Afghanistan... etc.

Those are the two primary reasons why I think people will vote for Obama (or rather, against Romney). I don't think a lot of people believe that a Republican president will help the "little guys," and they are the ones that have suffered the most during this recession.

Is Obama believable? Not really, no. But is Romney, either?

That pretty much nails it Badger. Obama is a known factor.

Romney........does anyone really have a clue? He's all over the place and will and does say anything. It's rediculous.

It's the Automatic Rubber Stamp 'No' of the Repubs in Congress that has kept this country from moving ahead. Why did they reject the Jobs Bill?

5-0

okie52
10/8/2012, 12:28 PM

Romney........does anyone really have a clue? He's all over the place and will and does say anything. It's rediculous.

It's the Automatic Rubber Stamp 'No' of the Repubs in Congress that has kept this country from moving ahead. Why did they reject the Jobs Bill?

5-0

A known disaster is better than the unknown?

badger
10/8/2012, 12:42 PM
You have to admit though, 5-0, that what Obama is known for among voters is not popular right now. High unemployment, Obamacare, etc.

I agree that he hasn't looked very plausible for those that know is complete track record... but do a majority of voters know his complete track record? Do a majority of voters compare what he said in Iowa versus what he said in the first debate versus what he said as governor of Taxachusetts? No. The Democrats need to do a better job of educating the majority of voters if they expect voters to think Romney is not to be trusted.

5-0
I have never been a fan of Adam quickly blaming Eve and Eve quickly blaming the snake in the book of Genesis. However, in this case, I will make an exception: The Democrats had all of 2008-2010 to pass the Jobs Bill before having to worry about Republican opposition. They could have passed a wide variety of things and probably gotten bipartisan support. Instead, they chose to force through Obamacare. If President Obama and the Democrats were really so concerned about the Jobs Bill and jobs in general, why did they wait until the Republicans controlled the House again?!

hawaii 5-0
10/8/2012, 02:15 PM
Sure I wish things were better.

I didn't drink the Koolaid that it would all be reversed in just 4 years.

I didn't expect gridlock. It was dirty holding the Country hostage.

Where would we be if McCain had won? How many more unpaid-for wars would we be in? How many more Americans would have died in Arab lands?

What scares me most about Romney's threat to end Obamacare is his repeal of Pre-existing Conditions. A lot of people are gonna lose their houses over that.

Speaking of which.......hasn't Romney said he would appeal the tax credit for mortgage loans? Who's that gonna hurt? It sure won't be the wealthy. It'll be the Middle Class.

5-0

Midtowner
10/8/2012, 02:18 PM
Speaking of which.......hasn't Romney said he would appeal the tax credit for mortgage loans? Who's that gonna hurt? It sure won't be the wealthy. It'll be the Middle Class.

Actually, I don't think he's promised to do anything. He won't say which deductions he'd want to ditch. At any rate, there's no way in Hades Congress would get rid of the mortgage interest deduction. It's huge for several reasons. First, it's a big tax break which affects the middle class more substantially than anything else. Second, it encourages home ownership vs. renting. Finally, any congressman who voted to end the mortgage interest deduction would find themselves to be out of a job very quickly.

That said, Romney said back during the primary that he'd be cutting taxes for everyone by 20%, including the top 1%. He was specific about that. Now, within the same campaign, when facing a general electorate, he's no longer doing that. Discussing Romney's tax plan is pointless. He has no plan. He has talking points which have been approved by focus groups and marketing folks.

hawaii 5-0
10/8/2012, 02:26 PM
Actually, I don't think he's promised to do anything. He won't say which deductions he'd want to ditch. At any rate, there's no way in Hades Congress would get rid of the mortgage interest deduction. It's huge for several reasons. First, it's a big tax break which affects the middle class more substantially than anything else. Second, it encourages home ownership vs. renting. Finally, any congressman who voted to end the mortgage interest deduction would find themselves to be out of a job very quickly.

I heard that from some Talking Head clarifying Romney's closure of loopholes.

5-0