PDA

View Full Version : Computer desk chairs

olevetonahill
10/8/2012, 06:27 AM
Wheres the best place to buy one? I want a solid one , dont want to spend a fortune, But will spend what I need to get a sturdy comfortable one

olevetonahill
10/8/2012, 06:38 AM
Oh and Ill prolly have to drive to Ft.Smith to find one .

Curly Bill
10/8/2012, 07:39 AM
I know you love the Walmarts so just go there! LOL

olevetonahill
10/8/2012, 07:41 AM
I know you love the Walmarts so just go there! LOL

What part of SOLID and COMFORTABLE did you misunderstand? :panda:

Turd_Ferguson
10/8/2012, 07:43 AM
That 5 gallon bucket wear'n out on ya?

olevetonahill
10/8/2012, 07:51 AM
That 5 gallon bucket wear'n out on ya?

My Old desk chair gave up the ghost. Just couldnt take another Olevet Fart .

Im sittin in one of my Dining room chairs right now

MamaMia
10/8/2012, 07:54 AM
I like Ethan Allens. They're comfy and stylish. :)

olevetonahill
10/8/2012, 07:56 AM
I like Ethan Allens. They're comfy and stylish. :)

Pic? Where ya get one?

MamaMia
10/8/2012, 08:40 AM
It looks like they have one in Little Rock, but not Ft. Smith. There's also one in OKC.

There are some photos under "desk chairs" if you use the search engine. Here is the web site:

http://www.ethanallen.com/home

Curly Bill
10/8/2012, 08:41 AM
I'd think any office supply store should be able to help ya out - Office Depot, Staples, etc...

olevetonahill
10/8/2012, 08:42 AM
It looks like they have one in Little Rock, but not Ft. Smith. There's also one in OKC.

Here are some photos. They have a web site:

http://www.ethanallen.com/search

I aint driving that far, Thanks Mom.
Ill just go to FT. Smith today and look around .

MamaMia
10/8/2012, 08:49 AM
Oh, and J.C Penny's has really nice sturdy and comfortable ones too. I have to have arms on mine and they have to be high back and padded. I have one of each and they have lasted 10 and 12 years and are like brand new.

Boomer.....
10/8/2012, 08:51 AM
What about buying online? Check out a site like http://www.bizchair.com

Midtowner
10/8/2012, 08:58 AM
I got mine at Stowe's in OKC. It's comfy, breathes and isn't plastic. It's a good quality chair. I probably shelled out $500-$600 for it, but I don't recall exactly how much or even what brand it is.

Mjcpr
10/8/2012, 09:05 AM
I aint driving that far, Thanks Mom.
Ill just go to FT. Smith today and look around .

The office supply places usually have a bunch...Staples, Office Depot. Best Buy has some.

MamaMia
10/8/2012, 09:13 AM
I wouldn't buy one without sitting in it and trying it out, no matter where you go, and make sure they have a good warranty.

olevetonahill
10/8/2012, 10:40 AM
I wouldn't buy one without sitting in it and trying it out, no matter where you go, and make sure they have a good warranty.

Thats the thing Mom, Prolly some dayum good deals Online, But not if I cant see em upclose and sit in em
Thanks all.

Midtowner
10/8/2012, 12:42 PM
The office supply places usually have a bunch...Staples, Office Depot. Best Buy has some.

Those chairs are almost always crap. If this thing is going to accommodate your fat azz for several hours per day, it's worth spending some money on. Go to an office furniture store, not a home furniture store. Trust me on this one.

8timechamps
10/8/2012, 01:09 PM
If you only want to spend a $100 or so, go to Sams or Costco. But, more times than not, you'll still get what you pay for.

I went to a standing workstation about 2 years ago, so I ditched my chair. If you would have asked two years ago, I could have hooked you up!

TheHumanAlphabet
10/8/2012, 01:13 PM
As an certified professional ergonomist, i'd say you pay for what you get. The cheaper chairs just don't work... You need an adjustable height chairs, adjustable arm rests, adjustable lumbar support and adjustable seat pan length (usually a sliding seat pan). You are likely going to pay more than $100 bucks. I found some decent ones at Sam's from time to time. We use the Steelcase Leap or the Herman Miller Embody at work, all with our discount are $500 or more. Find a chair that has those features.

Based on current research into metabolic syndrome and sedentary lifestyles, the sit/stand workstation is the way to go.

8timechamps
10/8/2012, 01:19 PM
As an certified professional ergonomist, i'd say you pay for what you get. The cheaper chairs just don't work... You need an adjustable height chairs, adjustable arm rests, adjustable lumbar support and adjustable seat pan length (usually a sliding seat pan). You are likely going to pay more than $100 bucks. I found some decent ones at Sam's from time to time. We use the Steelcase Leap or the Herman Miller Embody at work, all with our discount are $500 or more. Find a chair that has those features.

Based on current research into metabolic syndrome and sedentary lifestyles, the sit/stand workstation is the way to go.

It took me a little time to adjust, but now I can't see ever going back. I'm on the phone a lot of the day, and I have a wireless earpiece/mic so I can walk around my office while I'm talking.

MsProudSooner
10/8/2012, 04:30 PM
The Relax the Back store has some nice office chairs.