PDA

View Full Version : What to expect from these Sooners?

SoonerObsession
10/7/2012, 02:02 PM
I can't remember a year that was so unpredictable as this one. OU could lose 4 to 5 more games or we could win out and I would not be totally surprised. Texas, Notre Dame, Baylor,OSU, and West Virginia are all going to be tough, but also winnable. Obviously West Virginia has the type of offense that we can't stop, but their defense is lousy. The only game that doesn't concern me is Kansas. TCU and Iowa State should be wins, but stranger things have happened.

Breadburner
10/7/2012, 02:24 PM
Take care of the ball and we are un-defeated.....

StoopTroup
10/7/2012, 02:28 PM
I can't remember a year that was so unpredictable as this one. OU could lose 4 to 5 more games or we could win out and I would not be totally surprised. Texas, Notre Dame, Baylor,OSU, and West Virginia are all going to be tough, but also winnable. Obviously West Virginia has the type of offense that we can't stop, but their defense is lousy. The only game that doesn't concern me is Kansas. TCU and Iowa State should be wins, but stranger things have happened.

Yep. Not many people were concerned about Baylor last year and the meltdown that ensued obviously was proof of just how little respect we have for their football program. I don't really have much respect for them this year but obviously you have allowed one season to change that. I really don't see them coming to Norman and walking away with a win this year. Going up to Ames worries me more.

Ames is actually one of the places I have never been. I might even consider making that trip this year.

TCU is a mess but Patterson has a way of reloading and getting his Team to play even when they have a major loss of their QB. Losing to ISU might have been the spark they needed to prove to themselves that they can score on offense. It surely seems they need some help on defense.

This weeks matchup between BU and TCU ought to shed some light on who we should be more worried about between these two. That is...if we should be worried about either of them.

5thYearSooner
10/7/2012, 02:43 PM

In a way ISU and Kansas worry me more because of our latest trend of losing to teams we shouldn't lose to . Just because these are the only 2 original big 12 teams we haven't lost to yet in near past. Its like we pick some teams to make them happy every year.
Team:Last Loss
Texas:2009
OSU:2011
KSU:2012
Mizzou:2010
Baylor:2011
Neb:2009
Colo:2007
Tech:2011
A&M:2010
ISU:???
Kansas:??
--------
TCU:2005
WVU:2007

I particularly have a bad feeling about ISU

StoopTroup
10/7/2012, 02:54 PM
In a way ISU and Kansas worry me more because of our latest trend of losing to teams we shouldn't lose to . Just because these are the only 2 original big 12 teams we haven't lost to yet in near past. Its like we pick some teams to make them happy every year.
Team:Last Loss
Texas:2009
OSU:2011
KSU:2012
Mizzou:2010
Baylor:2011
Neb:2009
Colo:2007
Tech:2011
A&M:2010
ISU:???
Kansas:??
--------
TCU:2005
WVU:2007

I particularly have a bad feeling about ISU

With feelings like that...you are probably filling your pants every time you watch a game....

RahOkU
10/7/2012, 03:51 PM
Take care of the ball and we are un-defeated.....

This.

Without turnovers, this offense can put up a ton of points against anyone. And this opens up opportunities for the defense to take more chances and get turnovers.....

agoo758
10/7/2012, 03:57 PM
With feelings like that...you are probably filling your pants every time you watch a game....

Funny the first 15 times you posted this......