PDA

View Full Version : Tech fans, the sting is wearing off.

SoonerInLubbock
10/7/2012, 11:23 AM
Went to Wal-Mart here in Lubbock wearing an OU hat. I actually had two different people come up to me and show respect to OU. Had one guy admited that maybe he had been drinking the Kool Aid but after seeing OU dismantle tech he was very worried about the rest of the season. Then had another tech fan about ten minutes later tell me he hopes OU stomps saxet (there's something OU and tech fans can all agree on). I think most of em were just in shock yesterday.

JLEW1818
10/7/2012, 11:26 AM
I was in shock yesterday.

Nobody honestly knows what to expect on Saturdays.

SoonerInLubbock
10/7/2012, 11:49 AM
Exactly. That's why we play the game.

I Am Right
10/7/2012, 12:11 PM
60,000 fans to 30 in 15 minutes!

BoulderSooner79
10/7/2012, 05:55 PM
60,000 fans to 30 in 15 minutes!

The horn game was better. A new record of 100k+ fans and they all got to stay to the very end to watch their beloved team lose. Then they all got to curse and honk at each other for a couple of hours trying to get that many people out of there and onto the roads.

jk the sooner fan
10/7/2012, 05:57 PM
tech's next 4-5 games are all likely losses - long season for them

StoopTroup
10/7/2012, 06:03 PM
Were they getting refunds on the gear they bought Friday Night? :D

Soonermagik
10/7/2012, 06:52 PM
Texas Tech fans should expect to lose to OU every single year. Last year was a stinking joke and this year was more like it.

8timechamps
10/7/2012, 07:30 PM
tech's next 4-5 games are all likely losses - long season for them

Yeah, they have a nasty stretch. I think they'll pull off a win in one of those. Tech will cause someone problems. Hopefully it's Kansas State.

8timechamps
10/7/2012, 07:31 PM
I was in shock yesterday.

Nobody honestly knows what to expect on Saturdays.

There's the JLEW I know! Very good point. I really hope we can expect more of what we saw against Tech.

yermom
10/7/2012, 07:37 PM
Yeah, they have a nasty stretch. I think they'll pull off a win in one of those. Tech will cause someone problems. Hopefully it's Kansas State.

Kstate can stand to lose a couple for sure :D

8timechamps
10/7/2012, 07:39 PM
Kstate can stand to lose a couple for sure :D

They get Iowa State this week (and you can't sleep on the 'Clones), but then have to travel to Morgantown the week after. It'll be interesting.

yermom
10/7/2012, 07:51 PM
i don't think anyone is that excited to visit Ames or Morgantown right now

8timechamps
10/7/2012, 07:53 PM
i don't think anyone is that excited to visit Ames or Morgantown right now

All of my fan energy is on Texas right now, but I know I'll be nervous about the trip to both.

MamaMia
10/7/2012, 08:03 PM
I hope they beat KSU too. That would be perfect. This thread reminds me; I forgot to post my game winning 'stunned' iPhone photo. Its not much, but just for y'all, I think I'll make this a MamaMia tradition. :)

Stunned Raider 2012

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/stunnedraider2012.jpg

VA Sooner
10/7/2012, 08:51 PM
I hope they beat KSU too. That would be perfect. This thread reminds me; I forgot to post my game winning 'stunned' iPhone photo. Its not much, but just for y'all, I think I'll make this a MamaMia tradition. :)

Stunned Raider 2012

I like this tradition, MamaMia.

MyT Oklahoma
10/7/2012, 10:53 PM
I like this tradition, MamaMia.

Dittos.

Sooner91ATL
10/8/2012, 05:30 AM
I am happy with the win and all, but the fact is, Texas Tech is an awful team that hasn't won a home conference game since 2010. Texas Tech was an awful team last year when they came to Norman and gutted our secondary. We SHOULD have beat this tech team on the road and by a lot. It was good win for us considering our history of poor play down there, but all in all this win did nothing to tell us how much we need to improve for the rest of the season. The same issues remain at QB, DL, and OL. And coaching. It's not time to get all giddy until be come prepared to play and beat a quality opponent, and do this consistently.

thecrimsoncrusader
10/8/2012, 06:19 AM
but all in all this win did nothing to tell us how much we need to improve for the rest of the season.

Personnel changes on defense and Williams starting on offense and continuing to get Shepard more involved say otherwise. Oklahoma isn't a great team, but Kansas St. is a very good team that had to play great in combination with Oklahoma playing poorly for them to win only by 5 and Kansas St. had very little to do with Oklahoma playing poorly in that game. Texas Tech's rushing offense and passing offense ARE better this season and Oklahoma did a much better job of defending them on the road this year than at home last year and this despite Oklahoma being less talented on defense than last season, especially at the defensive ends spots.

Sooner91ATL
10/8/2012, 07:25 AM
I think the issue of williams versus whaley is far from solved. whaley also had eye popping stats in his game saturday for YPC. They could be interchangeable, but williams may bring more to the passing game. I don't see this as a personnel change however. Both were playing.

It will be interesting to see how the LB situation plays out. Shannon eclipsed Wort so vividly that even the most casual fan can see the difference. M Stoops said the reason Shannon was in there was because of the special D package inserted for Tech. I take that to mean that Shannon won't be supplanting Wort. So not sure this was a personnel change either.

We shall see, the proof will be in the pudding, if this OU team can learn and grow and bring it every week.

But seriously, TT is bad. Saying TT is improved is like saying the deck chairs on the titanic could have been arranged better.

BigTip
10/8/2012, 07:26 AM
Were they getting refunds on the gear they bought Friday Night? :D

lol

texas bandman
10/8/2012, 09:40 AM
Since I live in Lubbock, I normally support the Red Raiders on every game except this one, but I think that's now over. At the beginning of the game when the announcer came on saying the OU band would be playing their alma mater, so I get up with finger raised ready to sing the chant, then the Tech students start booing so loudly that I couldn't even hear the band. Most classless thing I've ever seen. Tech students have no class at all. I'm glad we stomped a hole in them and I hope they are 0 for everything for eternity. (I only wish the Sooner fans hadn't tried to retaliate with "Boomer, Sooner" during their alma mater.) For me I just stayed on my feet and listened respectfully all the while wishing their student sections would be sucked into a black hole!!

The stadium was loud for most of the first half, but by the beginning of the 4th quarter all the rats had abandoned ship. There were more Sooner fans in the stands than Red Raider fans although the ones left truly supported their team and stayed through the bitter end.

Widescreen
10/8/2012, 01:39 PM
I think the issue of williams versus whaley is far from solved. whaley also had eye popping stats in his game saturday for YPC. They could be interchangeable, but williams may bring more to the passing game. I don't see this as a personnel change however. Both were playing.

Both played technically. But one got 20 touches and one got 2. Seems like a decision has been made to me.

picasso
10/8/2012, 01:47 PM
We started our best RB.

BoulderSooner79
10/8/2012, 01:55 PM
Both played technically. But one got 20 touches and one got 2. Seems like a decision has been made to me.

Whaley looked good on his 2 touches but took a big hit on the last one and I wonder if got dinged up. I don't remember seeing him on the field after that.

PalmBeachSooner
10/8/2012, 02:23 PM

Stunned Raider 2012

I was hoping someone would capture that.

MamaMia
10/8/2012, 03:03 PM
Since I live in Lubbock, I normally support the Red Raiders on every game except this one, but I think that's now over. At the beginning of the game when the announcer came on saying the OU band would be playing their alma mater, so I get up with finger raised ready to sing the chant, then the Tech students start booing so loudly that I couldn't even hear the band. Most classless thing I've ever seen. Tech students have no class at all. I'm glad we stomped a hole in them and I hope they are 0 for everything for eternity. (I only wish the Sooner fans hadn't tried to retaliate with "Boomer, Sooner" during their alma mater.) For me I just stayed on my feet and listened respectfully all the while wishing their student sections would be sucked into a black hole!!
Are you just now noticing this? They've done that the last 5 or 6 times I've been there. I always think how rude it is that they cant let us have our chant but our band turns and faces them as The Pride plays their school song when they're at Owen Field.

When Sam got a concussion, their fans were relentless in heckling him and the fans about it. They were mimicking him, yelling over to us "What are you going to do now?" and "Yeah, what are you going to do without Sammy?" Stuff like that. That was so tacky. I'm glad that I haven't been back since.

SoonerInLubbock
10/8/2012, 04:57 PM
I'm just glad that they have never felt the pure joy of winning a MNC or even a Big 12 title. Heck as far as I know tech hasn't even made an appearance in a BCS Bowl game. They are a lower breed, a mutt that's been rolling in the dust for too long.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/8/2012, 05:01 PM
One word.

Tortillas.

Let 'em ALL burn.

NMSooner'80
10/9/2012, 10:07 AM
I also hope people have seen the on-line accounts of how Justin Brown got taunted by TT students about the Penn State mess. That sounds like a Sand Aggy thing if I ever saw one.

MamaMia
10/9/2012, 10:17 AM
I also hope people have seen the on-line accounts of how Justin Brown got taunted by TT students about the Penn State mess. That sounds like a Sand Aggy thing if I ever saw one.

I didn't hear about that, but I know they're real good with the taunting stuff.