PDA

View Full Version : OU moves up to 13th in AP

PalmettoSooner
10/7/2012, 11:06 AM

Skysooner
10/7/2012, 11:09 AM
Sounds about right. Still not sure we can beat WV later in the year, but I like our chances next week.

OU_Sooners75
10/7/2012, 11:14 AM
What's the coaches poll?

That one matters more than the AP. We were 14th last week. I suspect we will be in top 10-11 in the coaches poll.

We win out we will be sitting pretty with wins over ranked ND, Texass, TCU, and WVU.

FirstandGoal
10/7/2012, 11:18 AM
Still a lot of season left to go before I can cast a judgement on this.

Okie35
10/7/2012, 12:15 PM
What's the coaches poll?

That one matters more than the AP. We were 14th last week. I suspect we will be in top 10-11 in the coaches poll.

We win out we will be sitting pretty with wins over ranked ND, Texass, TCU, and WVU.

We're 10th

Coaches Poll
1 Alabama (58)
2 Oregon (1)
3 South Carolina
4 West Virginia
5 Kansas State
6 Florida
7 Notre Dame
8 LSU
9 USC
10 Oklahoma
11 Florida State
12 Georgia
13 Clemson
14 Oregon State
15 Texas
16 Louisville
17 Stanford
18 Mississippi State
19 Rutgers
20 Cincinnati
21 Texas A&M
22 Boise State
23 TCU
24 Louisiana Tech
25 Iowa State

Others Receiving Votes: Arizona State61, Baylor52, Michigan33, Northwestern31, Michigan State27, Ohio23, Nebraska18, Texas Tech11, Duke10, Wisconsin8, Western Kentucky7, North Carolina State6, Louisiana-Lafayette6, Oklahoma State5, San Jose State4, Louisiana-Monroe3, Nevada2, Toledo2

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/7/2012, 12:27 PM
What's the coaches poll?

We win out we will be sitting pretty with wins over ranked ND, Texass, TCU, and WVU.Should help our recruiting if we can. Almost no chance for NC game, but who wants to play the Sabanites anyway?

EatLeadCommie
10/7/2012, 12:36 PM
how is TCU still ranked?

JLMSOONER
10/7/2012, 12:41 PM
We get beat in a close game by #5 (I think #11 at the time) and drop to #16 (or #14) and free shoes gts beat by an unranked and drops to #11??

Flagstaffsooner
10/7/2012, 12:46 PM
how is TCU still ranked?
Fulmer cup.:highly_amused:

StoopTroup
10/7/2012, 12:51 PM
As lucky as we have been with losses to K-State and still ended up playing for all the marbles...

I don't want to upset any mojo we might get later in the Year. Still, we probably have very little chance in getting in however you just never know. Plenty of Teams that have lost games this year unexpectedly. I'm glad that if we were going to drop a game that it was to one of the tough teams in our Conference and it was early in the Season. Yesterday seemed to be a shot in the arm for our Team and a good portion of our Fans.

Now it's fexas time.

10/7/2012, 12:53 PM
We get beat in a close game by #5 (I think #11 at the time) and drop to #16 (or #14) and free shoes gts beat by an unranked and drops to #11??If they don't lose again, they will be in the NC game. Money Markets walk. Flyover markets talk.

StoopTroup
10/7/2012, 01:01 PM
FSU can't beat phlorida and I don't think phlorida can beat South Carolina and who knows....maybe Georgia will give them a game. I know Missouri won't. :D

Jacie
10/7/2012, 01:24 PM
Sounds about right. Still not sure we can beat WV later in the year, but I like our chances next week.

Mountaineers look very beatable. An average whorn team playing in the worst home-field advantage venue among teams that aspire to be BCS contenders almost beat WV. I like OUr chances to win in Morgantown much more now than I did in the preseason.

StoopTroup
10/7/2012, 01:36 PM
Mountaineers look very beatable. An average whorn team playing in the worst home-field advantage venue among teams that aspire to be BCS contenders almost beat WV. I like OUr chances to win in Morgantown much more now than I did in the preseason.

I agree. Their offense looked shaky at times and I am hoping Mike's ability to keep offenses from scoring a lot of points continues. If LJ is able to get these WRs to all be a threat every time we snap the ball and Williams continues to be an all-purpose threat...I think we can beat everyone left on our schedule. I also think Millard is going to have his breakout season this year. He seems to really be getting a lot of calls and when he does....he makes good on them.

Plexis22
10/7/2012, 02:24 PM
We could be facing a Top 5 Notre Dame team Oct. 27. They are sitting at #7 and have Stanford and BYU at home the next two weeks. Either #6 Florida or #3 South Carolina will lose when they play Oct. 20 in Gainesville, and the same goes for #4 WVU and #5 Kansas State when they play the same day in Morgantown. If OU gets past Texas and Kansas we will likely be back in the Top 10, around 8 or 9 probably. It will be a huge game in Norman..

StoopTroup
10/7/2012, 02:59 PM
Yesterday I think I remember there were around 19 undefeateds in the top25.

Today there is 13.

We move up 4 spots and are now in the Top 10.

I think it's a good place to be and we should again take the attitude of "Win out and let things work themselves out".

MamaMia
10/7/2012, 03:15 PM
WVU has a lousy defense. If our D shows up and we can outscore them, we could win that game.

StoopTroup
10/7/2012, 03:16 PM
WVU has a lousy defense. If our D shows up and we can outscore them, we could win that game.

I agree.

OUinFLA
10/7/2012, 03:20 PM
...... and we can outscore them, we could win that game.

wouldn't that be true of any game we play?

StoopTroup
10/7/2012, 03:25 PM
wouldn't that be true of any game we play?

:beaten:

IronHorseSooner
10/7/2012, 04:08 PM
Like I have said before, we need three things to happen. First, Oregon needs to lose to USC or Stanford. They will take care of Oregon State. Second is that WVU needs to beat K State. A corollary to this is that ISU beats K State this week, and then WVU beats K State the next. ISU will be jacked to high heaven next week, and that is their big rival now. I expect WVU v. K State to resemble the OSU v. K State game last year. The last team with the ball wins; however, as good as K State is, I think that they have peaked, and WVU's offense will be too much for them. Third, ND needs to beat USC. Besides a 1-loss SEC team, USC is the only other team that could get in over us due to their media lovefest. What could offset that is the overall strength of the Big 12 v. the PAC 12. I know that 'Zona beat OSU, but the overall Big 12 conference record will likely be 27-3, which is a .900 winning percentage. No other conference can say that, not even the all-mighty SEC.

For anyone here to dismiss our chances right now is absolutely ridiculous.

stoopified
10/7/2012, 04:12 PM
We could be facing a Top 5 Notre Dame team Oct. 27. They are sitting at #7 and have Stanford and BYU at home the next two weeks. Either #6 Florida or #3 South Carolina will lose when they play Oct. 20 in Gainesville, and the same goes for #4 WVU and #5 Kansas State when they play the same day in Morgantown. If OU gets past Texas and Kansas we will likely be back in the Top 10, around 8 or 9 probably. It will be a huge game in Norman.. True dat

SoonerinSouthlake
10/7/2012, 05:21 PM
how is TCU still ranked?

Glad they are! The more ranked teams we can beat...the better

SoonerOX
10/7/2012, 09:13 PM
Notre Dame on Owen Field is going to be a dandy......

10/7/2012, 09:36 PM
Notre Dame on Owen Field is going to be a dandy......Most important game since FU gators in NC, after the '08 season.