PDA

View Full Version : need the big 12 title game back

SapulpaSooner
10/7/2012, 10:29 AM
It would help OU out a lot this year if they could go back to the big 12 title game and beat Kansas State. Am sure if Osu had big 12 title game last year and won it big they would have made it the National championship

SanJoaquinSooner
10/7/2012, 10:35 AM
I think it's too late for this year. But I understand your point. K-State now needs to lose two conference games - or - we need some sort of 3 way tie that favors us for the tie-breaker.

FirstandGoal
10/7/2012, 11:29 AM
I say we see how the rest of October shakes out before we start thinking along these lines.

DrZaius
10/7/2012, 11:34 AM
There should be no problem with KState losing 2. They would already have 1 loss if it was not for our turnovers. They should lose to WVU and TEXAS and possibly OSU.

I have and will always be on the side of having a champ game. It was great for the conference. I can only hope we can grab 2 more teams for next season and get it back.

Okie35
10/7/2012, 12:01 PM
Within the next 3 years it'll be back.

Salt City Sooner
10/7/2012, 03:12 PM
There should be no problem with KState losing 2. They would already have 1 loss if it was not for our turnovers. They should lose to WVU and TEXAS and possibly OSU.

I have and will always be on the side of having a champ game. It was great for the conference. I can only hope we can grab 2 more teams for next season and get it back.
You might want to check KSU's record against the 'horns since the B12 started. To say that they've had some sort of chinese voodoo hex thing going on vs. UT would be a huge understatement.

Statalyzer
10/7/2012, 03:15 PM
Am sure if Osu had big 12 title game last year and won it big they would have made it the National championship

The voters would still say "Bama had the tougher SEC schedule and OSU lost to Iowa State"

StoopTroup
10/7/2012, 03:34 PM
How long before Nebraska can leave the B1G?

You'd think they realize what a mistake they made by now.

I know it won't take much for Mizzou to come crawling back. TAMU? I think they will never come back. They are right where they belong. The SEC Cellar. I have them winning against Sam Houston State and maybe Mizzou.

SapulpaSooner
10/21/2012, 11:58 AM
Need it back not just to win the big 12 but it helps If you're in the Hunt for a national championship with other teams that have lost one game

StoopTroup
10/21/2012, 12:27 PM
Teams like TCU, WVU for example, came to the Big XII to just plant their Schools Flag and declare that they are and always have been worthy of such a conference.

So far neither are making a very good case. I do hope they don't get mad and take their football home. It's going to take time for them to realize they really aren't what they thought they were....but I think they are well on their way to rethinking it all.

FirstandGoal
10/21/2012, 01:00 PM
Is it wrong that a part of me kinda hopes that KSU only loses one and goes on to win the conference just so we don't have to go to the tater chip bowl again?

I honestly think we might end up in a better bowl now if we win out and don't win the conference.

StoopTroup
10/21/2012, 01:25 PM
I can't really sit around wishing something that shouldn't have ever happened would come back this year because hell froze over for k-state.

This needs to be fixed or the Big XII shouldn't have ever brought WVU or TCU into the conference. The Big 8 did just fine for years. If mack is able to weather the storm and turn things around in austin...he can still bring back the fairytale that they are a Nationally recognized football program. Baylor and KU are about where they have always been. The rest of the Conference is playing well. Of course losing nebraska shouldn't have happened but flushing out mizzou and tamu hurt our Conference's ability to have a Championship Game but mizzou was kind of like colorado. They thought they were really great but they just didn't bring much to the conference strength hanging around like a fly on the wall. Every Conference has their flies...now that mizzou and tamu are gone, the conference didn't really need to replace them with two mediocre teams like WVU and TCU unless they were going to get 12 Teams and a Conference Championship Game back.

IronHorseSooner
10/21/2012, 02:43 PM
If KSU or OU get left this year, with OSU getting shafted last year, I think everybody has to seriously look at bringing in Louisville and BYU/Cincy/Rutgers. Those are all competitive teams that will help the conference as a whole. On top of this, the Big 12 has been the #1-rated BCS conference in the country for two years, and they still may not get a team in the championship. Bottom line, we need get our collective noses out of the air and add any one of these teams. Period.

yermom
10/21/2012, 04:22 PM
Is it wrong that a part of me kinda hopes that KSU only loses one and goes on to win the conference just so we don't have to go to the tater chip bowl again?

I honestly think we might end up in a better bowl now if we win out and don't win the conference.

this is about where i am on it. it still goes on the stadium if we tie anyway