PDA

View Full Version : How many spots do we move up?

HolaKyle
10/7/2012, 09:45 AM
I'm using the USA Today Poll, since that is the only poll right now that will matter. We are currently at #14.

#3 LSU
#4 FSU
#5 Georgia
#9 Texas
#13 TECU

5 teams above us lost. How many spots do we move up?

We dropped 10 spots when we lost. I'm thinking that LSU and FSU are still ahead of us, unfortunately.

CatfishSooner
10/7/2012, 09:49 AM
I think we move to 10...

BigTip
10/7/2012, 09:49 AM
I don't know, but yesterday's encouraging win is now making me concerned by the polls, where after KSU I thought I was finished worrying about who in front of us has to lose.

SoonerAtKU
10/7/2012, 09:53 AM
The only one of those OU would move above would be TCU, right?

CatfishSooner
10/7/2012, 09:55 AM
Georgia looked really bad...over-rated!

olevetonahill
10/7/2012, 10:00 AM
Dont know, Dont Care, Im just going to enjoy the games we have left and see what happens at the end

kevpks
10/7/2012, 10:01 AM
With 14 teams in the SEC, 15 is as high as any team can hope for.

SoonerorLater
10/7/2012, 10:07 AM
We move up about three spots. OU and Texas will be ranked about 12 & 13 going into the game next week.

SOONER44EVER
10/7/2012, 04:07 PM
1. We never move up very many.

Soonerjeepman
10/7/2012, 04:32 PM
Dont know, Dont Care, Im just going to enjoy the games we have left and see what happens at the end

no doubt...IF, still a pretty good IF, we win out we are good to b in the top 10..maybe 5. OU has lots of big games left..

OU_Sooners75
10/7/2012, 04:40 PM
If we win out, and barring TCU falling flat before we play them, we will have wins over 4-5 ranked teams. Currently ND, TCU, UT, and WVU.

MamaMia
10/7/2012, 04:41 PM
It should depend on who has the bigger loss. If you lose to a higher ranked team, it shouldn't be as big of a drop as if you were to lose to an unranked team. The human pollsters usually take into account whether or not you lost at home, but I don't remember if the computers will do that. It changes so often that I have to re-read it every year. The way some of the humans vote in such a bias way never ceases to amaze me.

BigTip
10/7/2012, 05:05 PM
It should depend on who has the bigger loss. If you lose to a higher ranked team, it shouldn't be as big of a drop as if you were to lose to an unranked team. The human pollsters usually take into account whether or not you lost at home, but I don't remember if the computers will do that. It changes so often that I have to re-read it every year. The way some of the humans vote in such a bias way never ceases to amaze me.

KSU is going to have to getting beaten, but just once, late in the season. We will have to have impressive wins. We can take care of a couple of unbeatens (hopefully) ourselves. We will still need help and........why am I going on about this and eventually just being disappointed again? Arghhh!

Soonerjeepman
10/7/2012, 05:13 PM
...why am I going on about this and eventually just being disappointed again? Arghhh!

lol I agree...good win yesterday..but before the game everyone was saying how TT wasn't worth a crap...their D really wasn't #1 because of who they played, etc. Can OU win out?...sure but it will be a battle. OU could just as easily lose 4 more. Not sure which team will show up. I'm just along for the ride, enjoying the games, Much more if OU wins!

budbarrybob
10/7/2012, 05:33 PM
It was a good win but lets be realistic. We have NO chance to play for anything meaningful other than maybe a share of the B12. Many were wondering if we'd even win 9 games this season after the KSU game. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. We first need to beat Tejas.

MamaMia
10/7/2012, 05:46 PM
KSU is going to have to getting beaten, but just once, late in the season. We will have to have impressive wins. We can take care of a couple of unbeatens (hopefully) ourselves. We will still need help and........why am I going on about this and eventually just being disappointed again? Arghhh! Because its hard not to. :D

One4OU
10/7/2012, 05:49 PM
It was a good win but lets be realistic. We have NO chance to play for anything meaningful other than maybe a share of the B12. Many were wondering if we'd even win 9 games this season after the KSU game. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. We first need to beat Tejas.

^^^^This and the Big 12 title will be a reach.

StoopTroup
10/7/2012, 06:23 PM

In 2000, I thought we played like sh*t against KU at Home. We won that game 34-16 but it wasn't pretty. At that point...4 games into the Season we were 14th in the polls.

We are 10th right now.

Anything is possible. FSU thought they had a lock on the MNC that year. We didn't stand a chance. Bob and Mike were Coaching our Team that year too.

rock on sooner
10/7/2012, 06:27 PM
If we win out, and barring TCU falling flat before we play them, we will have wins over 4-5 ranked teams. Currently ND, TCU, UT, and WVU.

TCU already did, beware the CYCLONES, we have to go there...

8timechamps
10/7/2012, 07:52 PM
Can anyone give me a reason (other than the ESPN love-fest) why USC is ranked ahead of OU? We lost to the currently #5 team in the country by 4 points. USC lost to the (currently) #17 team in the country by 7 points. USC also struggled with a mediocre Utah team last week. I really don't get it.

JLEW1818
10/7/2012, 08:22 PM
Can anyone give me a reason (other than the ESPN love-fest) why USC is ranked ahead of OU? We lost to the currently #5 team in the country by 4 points. USC lost to the (currently) #17 team in the country by 7 points. USC also struggled with a mediocre Utah team last week. I really don't get it.

Because liberals exist?

MamaMia
10/7/2012, 08:41 PM
Can anyone give me a reason (other than the ESPN love-fest) why USC is ranked ahead of OU? We lost to the currently #5 team in the country by 4 points. USC lost to the (currently) #17 team in the country by 7 points. USC also struggled with a mediocre Utah team last week. I really don't get it. I don't know but maybe their wins are more impressive? Did they lose away or at home?

Soonerjeepman
10/7/2012, 09:10 PM
In 2000, I thought we played like sh*t against KU at Home. We won that game 34-16 but it wasn't pretty. At that point...4 games into the Season we were 14th in the polls.

We are 10th right now.

Anything is possible. FSU thought they had a lock on the MNC that year. We didn't stand a chance. Bob and Mike were Coaching our Team that year too.

we were also undefeated...not this yr. Not saying it can't happen...just not counting on it. Enjoying 1 game at a time.

FirstandGoal
10/8/2012, 10:20 AM

Even though I don't think its right that USC is ranked as high as they are, I honestly think we're right about where we should be. This is about where I thought we should have been before the season started (although now I'm glad we had a higher ranking than we deserved because otherwise who knows where we would be.)

If we finish October undefeated, the rankings will take care of themselves and then we'll truly deserve a top 5 spot.

PrideMom
10/8/2012, 10:22 AM
Wait till December to worry about ratings......

BoulderSooner79
10/8/2012, 10:41 AM
Wait till December to worry about ratings......

Exactly. I doubt we have beaten anyone yet. TT could prove me wrong, but in a few weeks their record will probably show we just did what we should have against one of the weaker conference foes. Let's talk next week if we can manage another 'W'.

kevpks
10/8/2012, 12:19 PM
Any voter who ranked OU out of the top 10 is dead to me, but I'm biased.

King Crimson
10/8/2012, 12:21 PM

we've looked like a top 10 exactly one time in 4 games. i could see the doubt.

8timechamps
10/8/2012, 12:28 PM
Even though I don't think its right that USC is ranked as high as they are, I honestly think we're right about where we should be. This is about where I thought we should have been before the season started (although now I'm glad we had a higher ranking than we deserved because otherwise who knows where we would be.)

If we finish October undefeated, the rankings will take care of themselves and then we'll truly deserve a top 5 spot.

I completely agree. I really don't have any issue about where we are ranked, it's more about why USC is ranked ahead of us. Of course there are a couple of other teams that I think are ranked too high (that are also ahead of us), but we get to plays those teams on the field. But, yeah...it'll all work itself out.

8timechamps
10/8/2012, 12:29 PM
we've looked like a top 10 exactly one time in 4 games. i could see the doubt.

How dare you! Did your forget our amazing effort in the spring game?!

BoulderSooner79
10/8/2012, 12:31 PM

Any voter who ranked OU in the top 10 is a moron to me, but I left my crimson shades at home today.