PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech game panoramas

Phil
10/7/2012, 07:34 AM
Here are the cool new panoramas I took. I must admit, the quality on these things is astonishing, especially considering I took them with my phone. If you right click and select view image, you can see them in full resolution, which is way bigger than your monitor. I think I'm going to do these every game from here on out. Very cool.

Pregame

http://www.soonerfans.com/gallery2012/Texas Tech/panoramapregame.jpg

Kickoff

http://www.soonerfans.com/gallery2012/Texas Tech/panoramakickoff.jpg

Beginning of the fourth quarter - it only got emptier after this. In fact, the only stadium I've seen empty out like this one did is the Cotton Bowl. Well, the North half, anyway.

http://www.soonerfans.com/gallery2012/Texas Tech/panorama4q.jpg

BigTip
10/7/2012, 08:06 AM
That's cool.

I thought you would post some of the middle of the 4th quarter shots. I forgot what the announcer said exactly, but Tech just made a good play and he said, "The Tech offense is still trying to put on a good show for the dozens of fans still left in the stands."
Then they panned the bleachers to show how embarrassingly empty they were.

deweydw
10/7/2012, 08:31 AM
Very cool indeed.

Boomer.....
10/7/2012, 01:28 PM
Allsome!

StoopTroup
10/7/2012, 01:40 PM
Tech has a beautiful sh*thole.

Your ability to catch the flies hovering over that turd are amazing. You can almost smell the stench through the lens of your phone.

I hope you understand that I'm not being critical of your photography. I applaud your even stepping into that place. I couldn't make the decision to go to the game like you did.

Thanks for the Blog and the pics Phil.

StoopTroup
10/7/2012, 01:42 PM
BTW....is that the new IPhone5? Are you using an app or does it come with the panoramic feature?

Phil
10/7/2012, 01:43 PM
BTW....is that the new IPhone5? Are you using an app or does it come with the panoramic feature?

Yes, no, and yes.

Phil
10/7/2012, 01:44 PM
That's cool.

I thought you would post some of the middle of the 4th quarter shots. I forgot what the announcer said exactly, but Tech just made a good play and he said, "The Tech offense is still trying to put on a good show for the dozens of fans still left in the stands."
Then they panned the bleachers to show how embarrassingly empty they were.

I posted one in the game story.

StoopTroup
10/7/2012, 01:54 PM
Yes, no, and yes.

Very cool. I am really having a hard time deciding whether I want the 5 or the Samsung Galaxy 3. Both are expensive and both have features I like.

Cool to see the Pano feature you used. Thanks.

bluedogok
10/7/2012, 01:57 PM
My wife said that it has changed a bunch since she graduated from Tech in 1988, she hasn't been to a game there since she left but has only seen it from the outside in the years since.

I tried out the panorama shots on my iPhone5 some during last weekends trip to Breckenridge, definitely requires some practice.

StoopTroup
10/7/2012, 02:02 PM
My 3GS or the Wife's 4G doesn't allow us to zoom in and out when taking a video and when you zoom in with the camera, you have to keep the phone really still or it blurs.

I'm guessing by Bluedogs statement that you really have to keep the phone steady to get those panos too?

StoopTroup
10/7/2012, 02:18 PM
We bought into the digital camera phase and many of them are very handy for certain things. Lately I have been thinking about breaking out my old 35mm and the short telephoto and wide angle lens we have for them. I really miss not having the good prints and being able to put them on digital media too.

I know there are some new very high dollar digitals that can nearly do as well as our Nikons, Minolta and Pentax 35mm bodies and lenses...but I really miss the old stuff and having negatives.

MamaMia
10/7/2012, 02:31 PM
Great photos. Thanks again. I was wondering what these panoramic view photos would look like. I have the last version, but we're due for an upgrade. :D

StoopTroup
10/7/2012, 02:44 PM
Great photos. Thanks again. I have the 4S, but we're due for an upgrade. :D

We are leaving AT&T. They do have a decent offer to change to the 5 if your contract/plan allows you to upgrade and you like paying a bunch of dough for a limited data plan. I've kept my 3GS for so long as I was Grandfathered into a totally unlimited plan. If we were staying...I would just make the jump. Our new provider is more linked to the Android Platform but supposedly they are ironing out the issues IPhone folks have by December. Some IPhone users say they aren't having any issues with our provider. I get a new Sim Card for my 3GS this week and will hopefully find out for myself. This new plan has no contracts so we have to purchase phones at Retail or find used phones. Since the price of Unlimited Phone, Text and Data is so low....it really makes it cheaper than signing a 2 year contract. That made it easy to tell AT&T good bye.

Now I have to decide IPhone5 or Samsung Galaxy III.

MamaMia
10/7/2012, 02:55 PM
We are leaving AT&T. They do have a decent offer to change to the 5 if your contract/plan allows you to upgrade and you like paying a bunch of dough for a limited data plan. I've kept my 3GS for so long as I was Grandfathered into a totally unlimited plan. If we were staying...I would just make the jump. Our new provider is more linked to the Android Platform but supposedly they are ironing out the issues IPhone folks have by December. Some IPhone users say they aren't having any issues with our provider. I get a new Sim Card for my 3GS this week and will hopefully find out for myself. This new plan has no contracts so we have to purchase phones at Retail or find used phones. Since the price of Unlimited Phone, Text and Data is so low....it really makes it cheaper than signing a 2 year contract. That made it easy to tell AT&T good bye.

Now I have to decide IPhone5 or Samsung Galaxy III.We have ours on a small business plan account, which helps a lot.

StoopTroup
10/7/2012, 03:44 PM
We have ours on a small business plan account, which helps a lot.

Our new plan is a business plan. That makes sense.

bluedogok
10/7/2012, 04:19 PM
I had a (Verizon) Droid Incredible before the iPhone5, an iPhone 3G (with AT&T) before the Incredible, just wanted to go back to the iPhone and my contract was already up when the 5 came out so I went ahead and got the new one. I am not typically an early adopter preferring for at least the first set of bugs to be sorted out but figured that most the most part at this point most are incremental upgrades and not completely new leaps in technology. A co-worker has a S3, nice phone but just bigger than I want to carry around in my pocket, I thought the new 5 was a nice compromise in screen size. The panorama just takes some practice, but I did get some interesting funky shots with it along with some decent ones.

I have a Nikon D3000 with the kit lenses, I definitely need to get some specific lenses like a wide angle and macro. I was talking to a professional landscape photographer that we have bought prints from in Breckenridge still does everything on film, mostly medium format. Another pro that I know in Austin (from Edmond) does almost everything digital now. If you want to do B&W, film is the only way to go, I have never seen the depth in a digital B&W that is present in film B&W. I had intended on doing some B&W with my film camera and lenses (Olympus OM System) but the entire camera bag with everything was taken when our house was broken into a few years ago.

SapulpaSooner
10/7/2012, 04:45 PM
The Iphone 4s can take the panoramas with the IOS 6.0 Update

badger
10/7/2012, 04:52 PM
4th quarter panorama:
http://arizonaoddities.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Tumbleweed_rolling_2.jpg

BigTip
10/7/2012, 05:02 PM
4th quarter panorama:
http://arizonaoddities.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Tumbleweed_rolling_2.jpg

lol.
Seriously, that's what it was like. Some fans, huh?

bluedogok
10/7/2012, 05:37 PM
My wife got a laugh out of that, said it looks like West Texas.

StoopTroup
10/7/2012, 05:47 PM
I had intended on doing some B&W with my film camera and lenses (Olympus OM System) but the entire camera bag with everything was taken when our house was broken into a few years ago.

Bummer.

I agree. B&W kicks *** on almost anything. It's really got it's own way of getting a different look out of what you shoot that leaves a forever lasting impression on the eyes once processed onto the photo paper. Nothing has ever had the impact that B&W has.