PDA

View Full Version : Down goes FSU!

8timechamps
10/6/2012, 10:32 PM
NC State pulls off the upset!

8timechamps
10/6/2012, 10:33 PM
Well...there's 16 seconds left. Still a chance for a return I guess.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/6/2012, 10:35 PM
With 16 sec left...

NC State 17
Florida State 16

SoonerInLubbock
10/6/2012, 10:39 PM
Man this makes me happy!!!!!

8timechamps
10/6/2012, 10:40 PM
It's official. Wow.

BlownGP
10/6/2012, 10:44 PM
WOW,, what a great weekend

LSU lost, Georgia, Texas lost and now FSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StoopTroup
10/6/2012, 10:46 PM
I said earlier that I thought a bunch of undefeateds were going to go down today. Of course we knew the ones that were both Top 25s would have at least one but I meant some like FSU too.

Awesome.

MamaMia
10/6/2012, 10:54 PM
Holy Smokes! Yeah, Texas, who was ranked 11th, lost to 8th ranked WVU.

So, who's left above us?

8timechamps
10/6/2012, 11:00 PM
Holy Smokes! Yeah, Texas, who was ranked 11th, lost to 8th ranked WVU.

So, who's left above us?

We were #14 coming into the weekend (in the coaches poll, the only one that matters in the BCS rankings), and FSU will drop below us (since they lost to an unranked team). Texas should drop below us, but we can move past them on the field next week. UGA should drop below us because they got embarassed. LSU will probably (sadly) stay ahead of us.

Sabanball
10/7/2012, 12:09 AM
I'm getting older and my memory is not what it used to be, but didn't ole Herbie have OU/FSU as his NCG prediction before the season started and most of the pundits had LSU/USC penciled in for that game?

IronHorseSooner
10/7/2012, 01:00 AM
Well, I said that we really needed just three teams to lose for us to be back in contention- Oregon, FSU, and K-State. I dont count the SEC, since unless their champ has two losses, they will automatically have a rep in the BCS Title. We would/should probably jump USC, and ND could really help us by beating them, too. Since FSU just bit it, it then comes down to Oregon and K-State. USC does get Oregon in SoCal, and I will bet that WVU beats K-State. That would leave a three-way-tie scenario for us in the Big XII, and with all things being equal, we would get it due to a better non-con. We would have the strongest SoS since we would have beaten ND; K-State's best win was Miami (who ND just beat); WVU's best was Maryland. In a scenario with a bunch of one-loss teams, we would be sitting good due to the overall strength of the Big XII (likely 27-3 non-con record), with only a one-loss SEC team ahead of us.

MamaMia
10/7/2012, 01:18 AM
Its good for us that some of those teams will have to play each other.

Notre Dame and WVU are still undefeated.

soonercastor
10/7/2012, 01:27 AM
Right now I'm just trying to focus on the Big 12. Chances are if we win out we're most likely in but I'll start thinking about that again after we beat WVU.

BlownGP
10/7/2012, 01:50 AM
Right now I'm just trying to focus on the Big 12. Chances are if we win out we're most likely in but I'll start thinking about that again after we beat WVU.

x2

I really like hearing the scenarios, but I dont want to get a head of my self. I do it every year and OU always lets me down. Lets get past WV and see where we stand. Still WAAAAY to early.

MamaMia
10/7/2012, 01:57 AM
Not me. I like to know if there's a chance, what those chances are and what needs to happen to see them come to fruition. :)

soonercastor
10/7/2012, 02:12 AM
Not me. I like to know if there's a chance, what those chances are and what needs to happen to see them come to fruition. :)
Well most years a 1-loss OU team would be in the NCG, so don't even worry about the scenarios.
When I start getting excited about that possibility and the NC talks start heating up again after our first loss, we proceed to lose our second game (Baylor last year and A&M the year before though in retrospective this wouldn't have mattered anyway)

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
10/7/2012, 07:34 AM
Well, I said that we really needed just three teams to lose for us to be back in contention- Oregon, FSU, and K-State. I dont count the SEC, since unless their champ has two losses, they will automatically have a rep in the BCS Title. We would/should probably jump USC, and ND could really help us by beating them, too. Since FSU just bit it, it then comes down to Oregon and K-State. USC does get Oregon in SoCal, and I will bet that WVU beats K-State. That would leave a three-way-tie scenario for us in the Big XII, and with all things being equal, we would get it due to a better non-con. We would have the strongest SoS since we would have beaten ND; K-State's best win was Miami (who ND just beat); WVU's best was Maryland. In a scenario with a bunch of one-loss teams, we would be sitting good due to the overall strength of the Big XII (likely 27-3 non-con record), with only a one-loss SEC team ahead of us.

K State's best win would be us. They need to lose 2 or have a bad 1 loss.

PLaw
10/7/2012, 07:55 AM
WOW,, what a great weekend

LSU lost, Georgia, Texas lost and now FSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, did all of these teams pull an OKLAHOMA????

LSU should have beat UF.

The great ubber-talented FSU should have had a cake walk with NCSU.

Maybe, should OU ever lose to an inferior opponent, we should say they pulled a Seminole.

BOOMER

PLaw
10/7/2012, 07:58 AM
x2

I really like hearing the scenarios, but I dont want to get a head of my self. I do it every year and OU always lets me down. Lets get past WV and see where we stand. Still WAAAAY to early.

The next three weeks will be telling.

IF we can get by texas and nd, then it will be a mini-red OCTOBER and we will be back in the discussion. Really would have liked to see an undefeated, highly ranked UT next weekend.

BOOMER

IronHorseSooner
10/7/2012, 08:56 AM
K State's best win would be us. They need to lose 2 or have a bad 1 loss.

Again, this would be a three-way tie, a la 2008, so WVU, K State, and OU would all cancel each other out. We would then have to look outside of the conference for a discriminator for voters. All three team played an FCS team, a lower non-BCS team, and a "name" opponent. WVU played Maryland, K State played Miami, and we will play ND. Right now, the best team is ND, and the fact that ND just beat up Miami helps our cause even more. I agree it would help matters if not only WVU, but also if UTerus, OSU, TCU, or even ISU were to beat these guys. Also, if we finish strong, which we would need to do with this scenario, voters would have to weigh the losses. We would be viewed as a team whose loss was more of a case where we just gave the game away, and had a lot of young guys who were now just coming into their own.

The only other way that we get in is if the SEC champ has 2 losses. With all of the controversy last year, I don't know if voters would do what they did again. In this scenario, let's say that the SEC East Champ lost not only to another conference opponent, but also to their in-state ACC rival (GA Tech, FSU, or Clemson). They would go on to best the winner of 'Bama and Miss State. Would the voters give the SEC another free pass on this? If there were other viable options out there, especially with a "name" team (like us or USC), I think that the voters would have to think real hard about this, nevermind what the ABseC and CBSec talking heads would say.

prrriiide
10/7/2012, 09:03 AM

We don't need to worry about WVU. We need to worry about texass. Then we need to worry about the Domers. After we beat all of the teams before the trip to Morgantown, we can worry about WVU.

They played a great game yesterday. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

tulsaoilerfan
10/7/2012, 09:18 AM
We don't need to worry about WVU. We need to worry about texass. Then we need to worry about the Domers. After we beat all of the teams before the trip to Morgantown, we can worry about WVU.

They played a great game yesterday. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Amen; as long as good Landry shows up in the Cotton Bowl i think we win that game