PDA

View Full Version : WVU @ Texas

MamaMia
10/6/2012, 06:13 PM
WVU wasting no time. Up 7 points 5 plays later.

olevetonahill
10/6/2012, 06:20 PM
WVU wasting no time. Up 7 points 5 plays later.

And saxet fire backs
Is this gonna be another Baylor WVU game ?

OUInformant
10/6/2012, 06:29 PM
I think WVU wins in a shootout.

OUInformant
10/6/2012, 06:32 PM
It doesn't matter who wins it. Actually, its probably better if Texas does since we play them next week. If we beat them next week, then they and WVU will have a conference lost. But then, we play WVU anyway.

olevetonahill
10/6/2012, 06:32 PM
I think WVU wins in a shootout.

Heh, Saxet blocked a FG attempt

Jacie
10/6/2012, 06:34 PM
Interesting decision by Mack . . . made more interesting since it didn't work.

OUInformant
10/6/2012, 06:35 PM
This game has been wild so far. Still surprised it is only 7-7.

olevetonahill
10/6/2012, 06:35 PM
Interesting decision by Mack . . . made more interesting since it didn't work.

Heh

Jacie
10/6/2012, 06:38 PM
Even if whorns get a 3 & out, it flips the field in favor of the hillbillies . . .

Lott's Bandana
10/6/2012, 06:42 PM
I am a Hillibilly tonight.

Jacie
10/6/2012, 06:44 PM
Timeout wipes out a sack, another mistake by Brown . . .

Jacie
10/6/2012, 06:45 PM
And it costs whorn defense a touchdown.

MamaMia
10/6/2012, 06:46 PM
WVU taking a 14 to 7 lead.

salth2o
10/6/2012, 06:46 PM
WVU has some serious speed.

Lott's Bandana
10/6/2012, 06:47 PM
Bwahahaha.

"SEC-type Defense"

StoopTroup
10/6/2012, 06:48 PM
The Cocks looking really good this year

StoopTroup
10/6/2012, 06:49 PM
They call him Bruce.

StoopTroup
10/6/2012, 07:03 PM
Poor fexas....

Slap happy whorn dogs 7

WVU 21

Lott's Bandana
10/6/2012, 07:03 PM
I'm still aghast that whorn can't figure out how to grow grass.

Judge Smails
10/6/2012, 07:07 PM
Ouch

sooneredaco
10/6/2012, 07:07 PM
Texas receiver just got a huge lick put on 'em

StoopTroup
10/6/2012, 07:10 PM

They know how to grow it....it's just Bermuda, Zoysia, bahia, rye, bent, blue, buffalo, carpet, centipede and Fescue they have a problem with...

StoopTroup
10/6/2012, 07:16 PM
Steer out of the chute!

Lott's Bandana
10/6/2012, 07:16 PM
The Conference logo on the field has been altered to read: Texas XII.

Their arrogance knows no bounds.

StoopTroup
10/6/2012, 07:17 PM
N/M he got roped.

kevpks
10/6/2012, 07:21 PM
There is something off about West Virginia. Their style of play is so chaotic. It goes from stupendous success on offense to epic failure on defense. That is not championship football.

StoopTroup
10/6/2012, 07:22 PM
WVU reminds me of lil aggie

ouwasp
10/6/2012, 07:23 PM
WV suddenly playing like chit

Judge Smails
10/6/2012, 07:24 PM
How did Landry get from Lubbock to Austin so fast?

Jacie
10/6/2012, 07:24 PM
Manny Diaz's D makes up for Mack's decision making . . .

StoopTroup
10/6/2012, 07:25 PM
How did Landry get from Lubbock to Austin so fast?

In the Vette his Wife bought him.

Whet
10/6/2012, 07:27 PM
Go Texass whip Aggie East!

kevpks
10/6/2012, 07:28 PM
I'm not gonna lie. I wish Jeffcoat would have come to OU. I hate him.

Soonerus
10/6/2012, 07:28 PM
Kind of sad, Texas is deliriously happy to be tied at home...

StoopTroup
10/6/2012, 07:30 PM

I wonder if Yermom is there? He loves to go to their games in Sooner Gear. :D ;)

kevpks
10/6/2012, 07:30 PM

I was thrilled to be up 14-10 on Tech.

Soonerus
10/6/2012, 07:33 PM
I was thrilled to be up 14-10 on Tech.

We were on the road so that's ok...

FirstandGoal
10/6/2012, 07:39 PM
So is WV's defense this bad or is whorn offense that good?

SoonerCLF
10/6/2012, 07:43 PM
WV's defense is very very terrible...

StoopTroup
10/6/2012, 07:45 PM
So is WV's defense this bad or is whorn offense that good?

You missed the Baylor game that was 70-63, huh?

Judge Smails
10/6/2012, 07:55 PM
I wonder what Erin Andrews looks like naked?

StoopTroup
10/6/2012, 08:02 PM

She looks like a naked Woman with a hair brush. :D

Judge Smails
10/6/2012, 08:11 PM
I know, I just always say that at the first sighting.

I do wish she would stick that hair brush in her mouth. Her voice makes me want to cringe.

StoopTroup
10/6/2012, 08:12 PM

I do wish she would stick that hair brush in her mouth. Her voice makes me want to cringe.

And I think that every time someone says it.....lol

BigTip
10/6/2012, 08:27 PM

I don't know. Really.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

BigTip
10/6/2012, 08:34 PM
Anybody else want to give a scouting report on these teams?

Okay, I will.
fexas front line might give us some trouble. Sure hillbillies don't have a defense, but the O line has been able to protect geno up until this game.
Whorns also look like they have a running game. That is something new from the last few years.

for the hillbillies my only concern is for our secondary, but I might still be judging on last year's performance. They have been doing lots better for us this year.

StoopTroup
10/6/2012, 08:51 PM
I think Nancy Grace still has dreams about it....

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/vAscE3oFNXk/0.jpg

Soonerus
10/6/2012, 09:02 PM
Great game...

BB37
10/6/2012, 09:06 PM
This game's gonna go down to whoever has the ball last.

SoonerCLF
10/6/2012, 09:09 PM
WV wins if they get a stop here.... and stopped.

Edit:

Jynxed!

bluedogok
10/6/2012, 09:10 PM
Being cheap is why they have FakeTurf. There were many stories on it after muddy A&M game there a few years ago. It seems that they used to have Prescription Athletic Turf, then they decided to lower the field and put more seats in when they removed the track but PAT was "too expensive" so regular sod was put down without the base and pump system of PAT, just a french drain system. After the mud bowl game they decided to go with the FakeTurf stuff instead of putting the money into the system they had before that worked. Most of the alums that I know where not in favor of it but then they don't donate enough to have an opinion of any worth.

BigTip
10/6/2012, 09:10 PM
This game's gonna go down to whoever has the ball last.

lol, I just told my son that exact thing!

kevpks
10/6/2012, 09:13 PM
Is Manny Diaz the most overrated coordinator in football? Teams lit them up last year. Teams are lighting them up this year.

BB37
10/6/2012, 09:14 PM
And then the hics give the bum steers a gift.

JLMSOONER
10/6/2012, 09:15 PM
WVU QB pulled a Landry............

SoonerCLF
10/6/2012, 09:16 PM
Wow, what the hell..

Sailed it right past Ash

and shanked the field goal

un-jinxed!

colleyvillesooner
10/6/2012, 09:17 PM
YACK!!!

Jacie
10/6/2012, 09:17 PM
fexas front line might give us some trouble. Sure hillbillies don't have a defense, but the O line has been able to protect geno up until this game.
Whorns also look like they have a running game. That is something new from the last few years.

for the hillbillies my only concern is for our secondary, but I might still be judging on last year's performance. They have been doing lots better for us this year.

Whorns usually have a good pass rush.

That running game was developed last year since neither Ash or McCoy could get the ball downfield.

Sooner secondary was lit up by everyone last year and has not proven (till today at least) that things are any different.

Have any insights, please enlighten us.

BB37
10/6/2012, 09:18 PM
And then the steers try to give it back -- and eventually succeed!:tongue:

BB37
10/6/2012, 09:29 PM
TD hillbillies.

FirstandGoal
10/6/2012, 09:29 PM
poor whorns

SoonerCLF
10/6/2012, 09:32 PM
Dang, I wanted the Sooners to get a shot at a very overrated top 10 whorns team next weekend. Guess we'll have to settle for an overrated top 20 team.

FirstandGoal
10/6/2012, 09:38 PM
... and East Hillbillies win

8timechamps
10/6/2012, 09:45 PM
Dang, I wanted the Sooners to get a shot at a very overrated top 10 whorns team next weekend. Guess we'll have to settle for an overrated top 20 team.

If it's any consolation, I think we're going to get a shot at a very overrated (and undefeated) Notre Dame team.

CowboyMRW
10/6/2012, 09:47 PM
If it's any consolation, I think we're going to get a shot at a very overrated (and undefeated) Notre Dame team.

How overrated are they though? That defense is bringing it every week.

This year appears to be just like 2007 when there doesn't seem to be a great team, save Alabama. And I'm not positive that Bama goes undefeated.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/6/2012, 09:54 PM

I do wish she would stick that hair brush in her mouth. Her voice makes me want to cringe.Name another high profile much loved and much despised woman, with a gnawing voice.

8timechamps
10/6/2012, 09:55 PM

This year appears to be just like 2007 when there doesn't seem to be a great team, save Alabama. And I'm not positive that Bama goes undefeated.

I base my opinion on two things:

1. They're always overrated.

2. Who have the beaten, really? Let's look at their resume:

Navy - It's a service academy. Not really a barometer.
Purdue - Squeaked by a very mediocre Purdue team.
Michigan State - This looked good at the time, but MSU is not a great team. I'm not sure they're even a good team.
Michigan - UM has played two ranked teams (one being ND), and lost both.
Miami - Looks like they'll win this one. KSU dismantled Miami, and we still don't know if KSU is legit.

I do think Notre Dame is a good team. While they haven't beaten any great teams, they've beaten everyone they've played. I just can't justify that they are a top 10 team based on their wins. The Big 10 is absolutely terrible this year, and that's pretty much their marquee wins.

Soonerus
10/6/2012, 09:58 PM
Notre Dame is very average , I hope they come to Norman undefeated...

10/6/2012, 10:00 PM
Dang, I wanted the Sooners to get a shot at a very overrated top 10 whorns team next weekend. Guess we'll have to settle for an overrated top 20 team.I was pulling against the whorns, as usual. In case we don't beat them, I want them to have a couple losses some way or another, so they can't make the NC game.

Sabanball
10/6/2012, 10:02 PM

Of course, you could be right. Our problem is mounting injuries. We now have 5 players out for the season. Hard to make a championship run when you lose that many. Thank goodness we've got quality depth and as long as we don't get any more I think we'll be ok. But losing our FB Jalston Fowler was a HUGE loss. He was a big part of our O.

Couple of thoughts on tonight's and other recent games--

Bama and Oregon are in a class by themselves.

I see us and SC in the SEC CG. LSU's O is no match for our D. Mettenberger is not panning out as expected and Miles still has a qb problem. Their D is lights out though. Spurrier has a winning record against Saban.

I see West Virginia winning the Big 12 this yr--but their D is horrible. Some perspective--West Va. has scored 118 points in the past two weeks. But they've given up 108 points in 2 weeks. Bama gave up 106--all last season. And, we have only given up 35 this yr through five games. I would be surprised, but not shocked, if you guys beat them in Morgantown.

Think you guys will beat ND and end your streak of futility against them. I like the job that Brian Kelly is doing, but I still don't think the domers are ready for prime time yet and think they are a bit overrated. All Bama fans will be cheering...

8timechamps
10/6/2012, 10:11 PM
Of course, you could be right. Our problem is mounting injuries. We now have 5 players out for the season. Hard to make a championship run when you lose that many. Thank goodness we've got quality depth and as long as we don't get any more I think we'll be ok. But losing our FB Jalston Fowler was a HUGE loss. He was a big part of our O.

I see us and SC in the SEC CG. LSU's O is no match for our D. Mettenberger is not panning out as expected. Spurrier has a winning record against Saban.

I see West Virginia winning the Big 12 this yr--but their D is horrible. Some perspective--West Va. has scored 118 points in the past two weeks. But they've given up 108 points in 2 weeks. Bama gave up 106--all last season. And, we have only given up 35 this yr through five games. I would be surprised, but not shocked, if you guys beat them in Morgantown.

Think you guys will beat ND and end your streak of futility against them. All Bama fans will be cheering...

I agree with Bama and Oregon being removed from the pack. BUT, that can always change. Like you said, injuries can change a season (which, unfortunately, we know all too well around here).

SC looks like they are for real. I can also agree that it'll be Bama and SC in the SEC CCG.

I'm not on the WVU bandwagon. Even though I'm biased, I don't think they win the conference. At some point, not having a defense will cost them. And so far, they've yet to prove they can stop anyone. They're winning by betting they can outscore anyone (I know that sounds stupid, but you know what I mean). We'll see though, right now they look like the best team in the Big XII.

Here's the thing about OU, we are a very young and inexperienced team. IF things can continue to come together, we have the ability to beat anyone in the conference. But, that's still a big "if".

SoonerCLF
10/6/2012, 10:13 PM
I was pulling against the whorns, as usual. In case we don't beat them, I want them to have a couple losses some way or another, so they can't make the NC game.

Don't get me wrong, I picked WV earlier this week to win.

I don't see the whorns getting through this season with more than 9 wins.

10/6/2012, 10:14 PM
...Spurrier has a winning record against Saban...(all oklahoma fans will assuredly be cheering for you guys against uscarolina)

Think you guys will beat ND and end your streak of futility against them. All Bama fans will be cheering...We are relieved and truly grateful that bama fans will be pulling for us then.

Sabanball
10/6/2012, 10:18 PM
I agree with Bama and Oregon being removed from the pack. BUT, that can always change. Like you said, injuries can change a season (which, unfortunately, we know all too well around here).

SC looks like they are for real. I can also agree that it'll be Bama and SC in the SEC CCG.

I'm not on the WVU bandwagon. Even though I'm biased, I don't think they win the conference. At some point, not having a defense will cost them. And so far, they've yet to prove they can stop anyone. They're winning by betting they can outscore anyone (I know that sounds stupid, but you know what I mean). We'll see though, right now they look like the best team in the Big XII.

Here's the thing about OU, we are a very young and inexperienced team. IF things can continue to come together, we have the ability to beat anyone in the conference. But, that's still a big "if".

The WVU/KSU game in Morgantown will be huge and will probably determine the Big 12 championship.

CowboyMRW
10/6/2012, 10:20 PM

I see us and SC in the SEC CG. LSU's O is no match for our D. Mettenberger is not panning out as expected. Spurrier has a winning record against Saban.

Think you guys will beat ND and end your streak of futility against them. I like the job that Brian Kelly is doing, but I still don't think the domers are ready for prime time yet and think they are a bit overrated. All Bama fans will be cheering...

Definitely agree that Bama and Oregon are in a class above all, but I think Oregon will lose one somewhere that they shouldn't have.

I don't agree that WV will win the Big 12. That defense is bad. Someone is going to control the ground game and not allow their offense to stay on the field and sometime this season, Geno will throw a couple INT's.

To me, South Carolina has been a surprise. Didn't see them winning the East, but can they beat Florida?

StoopTroup
10/6/2012, 10:21 PM
Oregon

over rated.

Not in a class by themselves. USC plays them Nov. 3rd and after that they have Stanford to get by as well.

I think they are a decent team but just like most College Teams....it takes a bit of luck to win to MNC. If that wasn't true....Bama wouldn't have gotten a 2nd chance last year with LSU. With this new 4 team playoff we will see some Teams who have one or two losses getting a shot against these teams who are supposedly in a class of their own.

Also...

Poor whorns....lol

Sabanball
10/6/2012, 10:22 PM
We are relieved and truly grateful that bama fans will be pulling for us then.

No problem. We hate them as much as you guys do.

Sabanball
10/6/2012, 10:23 PM
Oregon

over rated.

Not in a class by themselves. USC plays them Nov. 3rd and after that they have Stanford to get by as well.

I think they are a decent team but just like most College Teams....it takes a bit of luck to win to MNC. If that wasn't true....Bama wouldn't have gotten a 2nd chance last year with LSU. With this new 4 team playoff we will see some Teams who have one or two losses getting a shot against these teams who are supposedly in a class of their own.

Also...

Poor whorns....lol

The four team playoff does not start until the 2014 season. Until then we are still all in the BCS system.

StoopTroup
10/6/2012, 10:27 PM
The four team playoff does not start until the 2014 season. Until then we are still all in the BCS system.

I made a boo boo. Tired. To much Boomer Q.

Still...I think Oregon doesn't make it out of the pac 1? undefeated.

8timechamps
10/6/2012, 10:28 PM
Oregon

over rated.

Also...

Poor whorns....lol

Let me qualify this by saying I am no Oregon-lover (like most of us here), but I've watched a lot of their games, and they really are good. The thing that's different about this Oregon team is that Chip Kelley has the best defense he's ever had. I would really like to see their offense against Bama's defense. It would be a good game (and I think it's what we're gonna see).

USC is a joke, and Oregon will roll the Trojans.

Sabanball
10/6/2012, 10:44 PM
Definitely agree that Bama and Oregon are in a class above all, but I think Oregon will lose one somewhere that they shouldn't have.

I don't agree that WV will win the Big 12. That defense is bad. Someone is going to control the ground game and not allow their offense to stay on the field and sometime this season, Geno will throw a couple INT's.

To me, South Carolina has been a surprise. Didn't see them winning the East, but can they beat Florida?

Not me. They have the best O and D individual player in the conference(Lattimore and Clowney). South Carolina will be no. 3 in the new poll released tomorrow, take it to the bank.

StoopTroup
10/6/2012, 10:49 PM
I like Spurriers Team this year too. They look solid right now.

10/6/2012, 11:50 PM
USC is a joke, and Oregon will roll the Trojans.USUC has a Mackbrown quality coaching staff, now, and I'm guessing it won't improve much. They might recruit the 5-star guys, but they won't really blossom til they're in the nfl.

CowboyMRW
10/7/2012, 12:27 AM
[/B]

Not me. They have the best O and D individual player in the conference(Lattimore and Clowney). South Carolina will be no. 3 in the new poll released tomorrow, take it to the bank.

I'm not so sure on Clowney. For sure at DE but I'm a fan of Jenkins at DT and they're OLB who's name escapes me currently. Jones?

Lattimore is a beast but he's not back to his form yet that he was pre-injury.

And Shaw will lose them a game single handedly this year

BigTip
10/7/2012, 08:02 AM
Name another high profile much loved and much despised woman, with a gnawing voice.

I don't know, maybe:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_LSNbj4s_Bgs/TNUqtKTrT-I/AAAAAAAABMc/IA7LU-y3Slk/s1600/NannyFine.jpg

PLaw
10/7/2012, 08:08 AM
USUC has a Mackbrown quality coaching staff, now, and I'm guessing it won't improve much. They might recruit the 5-star guys, but they won't really blossom til they're in the nfl.

And, they have no depth. It's a number thing and it's about to get worse thanks to Petey and Reggie.

BOOMER

Monster Zero
10/7/2012, 10:28 AM
Kinda like a certain ag school not far from here that has fake grass on their megabucks football field?

10/7/2012, 12:19 PM
I don't know, maybe:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_LSNbj4s_Bgs/TNUqtKTrT-I/AAAAAAAABMc/IA7LU-y3Slk/s1600/NannyFine.jpgI'll give it to ya on that one. I was thinking of a voice not quite THAT gnawing.

BigTip
10/7/2012, 01:54 PM
I'll give it to ya on that one. I was thinking of a voice not quite THAT gnawing.

Roseanne Barr, but does anybody "love" her?

cherokeebrewer
10/7/2012, 02:42 PM
No problem. We hate them as much as you guys do.

This is not possible.

10/7/2012, 09:52 PM
This is not possible.We had all of the Barry Switzer years and a good part of the Fairbanks and Stoops years to play the domers, and likely would have thumped them really good. But, we didn't play them during those superb years of OU football. Now, it's a nailbiter.

10/7/2012, 09:55 PM
QUOTE=BigTip;3524807]Roseanne Barr, but does anybody "love" her?[/QUOTE]

Someone with a gnawing voice, AND is good looking?[