PDA

View Full Version : Dear Josh Heupel

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/6/2012, 03:47 PM
It really is okay to run the ball more than 2 times in a row, especially if you are chewing up 8 yards a carry. I promise you that the QBs arm isn't going to fall off or the NCAA will put you on probation. If you don't believe me, take a gander back at OU teams from lets say 1950-1988. This team CAN run the frickin ball, let them.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/6/2012, 03:54 PM
Sigh. You compliment them and then the OL starts diving at feet allowing everyone into the backfield. Can this team be any lazier?

Seamus
10/6/2012, 04:21 PM
LOL.

Well, semi-LOL. Frustrates me too.

goingoneight
10/6/2012, 04:23 PM
Not every play is positive when running. OU did actually punt the ball in the option era, too.

SoonerorLater
10/6/2012, 04:24 PM
I hear you but this is still about as effective of a running game as I have seen out of OU in a while. I hope we go even more of a run to pass ratio in the 2nd half. I think we can roll these guys as the half goes on.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
10/6/2012, 04:28 PM
Not every play is positive when running. OU did actually punt the ball in the option era, too.

My frustration was when we let 7 guys come free into the backfield on 2 consecutive plays by trying to cut them. You cut block when it is the ONLY way you can get them out of the way because it is such a risky block. There should not be any situation where an OU offensive lineman should be THAT outclassed physically that they have to cut block. When you see it from our team, that player is basically taking the play off.

BajaOklahoma
10/6/2012, 05:31 PM

That was just to give our offense a few minutes rest.

OUTrumpet
10/6/2012, 05:48 PM
What about giving our running backs some carries around the goalline? First and goal after Williams gets us down there and Bell immediately comes in. Gotta be frustrating.