PDA

View Full Version : In honor of this here Cool weather

olevetonahill
10/6/2012, 12:00 PM
Ima make a small pot of Chicken an Dumplins

FirstandGoal
10/6/2012, 12:04 PM
I got up early and put all the fixings for stew in the crock pot. Should be ready right around game time.

olevetonahill
10/6/2012, 12:11 PM
I got up early and put all the fixings for stew in the crock pot. Should be ready right around game time.

Was gonna fix Catfish, But the Dumplins just sounded better

MamaMia
10/6/2012, 12:18 PM
Yummy! We're just having burgers on the grill. I have some help today. My daughter and her family are visiting so I made a Miracle Whip/dash of Mayo potato salad and a mustard one too. I just popped my baked beans in the oven. I have a banana pudding chilling in the fridge. I didn't have any vanilla wafers, so I used graham crackers.

I was hungry for chicken and dumplings so I went and got all the stuff for that and to make a salad for tomorrow. :D

Flagstaffsooner
10/6/2012, 12:31 PM
You lightwieghts dont know what cool is.

olevetonahill
10/6/2012, 12:32 PM
Yummy! We're just having burgers on the grill. I have some help today. My daughter and her family are visiting so I made a Miracle Whip/dash of Mayo potato salad and a mustard one too. I just popped my baked beans in the oven. I have a banana pudding chilling in the fridge. I didn't have any vanilla wafers, so I used graham crackers.

I was hungry for chicken and dumplings so I went and got all the stuff for that and to make a salad for tomorrow. :D

When its Cold weather My favoritest foods is Chili and Dumplins
Just put the chicken to boiling

olevetonahill
10/6/2012, 12:33 PM
You lightwieghts dont know what cool is.

Dont give a **** either, IF YOU wanta live in eskimo country have at it.:tongue:

MamaMia
10/6/2012, 01:21 PM
You lightwieghts dont know what cool is.I lived in Cold Bay Alaska. I think I know cold weather. :D

olevetonahill
10/6/2012, 01:22 PM
I lived in Cold Bay Alaska. I think I know cold weather. :D

Well Im fixing to add the Dumplins in a few .

SoonerInFortSmith
10/6/2012, 01:30 PM
I'm about to peel some taters and throw together some stew for supper. Might talk my daughter into makin some corn bread to go with.

olevetonahill
10/6/2012, 01:32 PM
I'm about to peel some taters and throw together some stew for supper. Might talk my daughter into makin some corn bread to go with.

Corn Bread easy Bro, Ima be having me a Big ole Bowl of these dumplins here in just a few .

MamaMia
10/6/2012, 01:39 PM
Well Im fixing to add the Dumplins in a few .What kind of dumplings are you using? Having to skin and bone and clean the chicken is a lot of work, so I just make the ones on the back of the Bisquick box. :D

olevetonahill
10/6/2012, 01:49 PM
What kind of dumplings are you using? Having to skin and bone and clean the chicken is a lot of work, so I just make the ones on the back of the Bisquick box. :D

I usually buy a package of thighs and freeze em individually , I skin em then, and toss em in a baggiy then the freezer .

I mix up some biscuit dough with flower and Bakin Powder, Milk an grease and such , Just like Ima makin Biscuits, then drop SMALL spoonfuls in the boiling pot

olevetonahill
10/6/2012, 01:50 PM
Eatin some now, Its GOOOOOOOD

MamaMia
10/6/2012, 01:55 PM
We just got the 2 minute warning from the grillmeister. Everythings on the table, so I better go help with the last minute checking. :)

olevetonahill
10/6/2012, 01:58 PM
We just got the 2 minute warning from the grillmeister. Everythings on the table, so I better go help with the last minute checking. :)

Heh
Just finished eatin. Now gonna kick back and watch OU in a bit

Sooner5030
10/6/2012, 02:17 PM
I brewed 5 gallons of merican red ale........my house still smells like hops.

by the way Vet.....I do miss the oct-nov weather in your parts. I'm in the PAC NW and we are having some very nice weather also.

Petro-Sooner
10/6/2012, 03:11 PM
Made chili. Finally cool enough!!

MamaMia
10/7/2012, 05:57 PM
I made my version of Chicks and Dumplings today with the 'easy way out' Bisquick dumplings.' I did have some sage growing out back that gave it a heavenly flavor. This time I tossed in just a tiny bit (only about a 4th cup each) of fresh celery and carrots and some frozen green peas for a change. I also made a real simple lettuce, tomato, cucumber and black olive salad with dressing I just made with one of those Italian Good Seasonings packets using rice wine vinegar and safflower oil. Easy Peasy. :)

olevetonahill
10/7/2012, 06:05 PM
I made my version of Chicks and Dumplings today with the 'easy way out' Bisquick dumplings.' I did have some sage growing out back that gave it a heavenly flavor. This time I tossed in just a tiny bit (only about a 4th cup each) of fresh celery and carrots and some frozen green peas for a change. I also made a real simple lettuce, tomato, cucumber and black olive salad with dressing I just made with one of those Italian Good Seasonings packets using rice wine vinegar and safflower oil. Easy Peasy. :)

heh, I try not to make big batches of anything anymore,Since Im the only one here to eat it. When I was raising My Boys( who could eat up their weight in Groceries)I made Big batches of everything. Its been tuff trying to cut down how much I cook at a time

I did eat all the C&D yesterday, Made just enough for Lunch an Supper.

Making "Pasta Pizza" tonight , Already made the salad, Chopped up Cucumber, Mater, Avocado,and lettuce

Gonna be some More fine eatin tonight

MamaMia
10/7/2012, 06:38 PM
heh, I try not to make big batches of anything anymore,Since Im the only one here to eat it. When I was raising My Boys( who could eat up their weight in Groceries)I made Big batches of everything. Its been tuff trying to cut down how much I cook at a time

I did eat all the C&D yesterday, Made just enough for Lunch an Supper.

Making "Pasta Pizza" tonight , Already made the salad, Chopped up Cucumber, Mater, Avocado,and lettuce

Gonna be some More fine eatin tonightI know what you mean by trying to downsize everything. I've had to do that every time one of the kids moved away. If its something economical or something you cant really downsize, I just make the bigger batch and take it to someone to share, or invite my mother in law, or a friend over. My mother in law is a picky eater though and would complain if I put blueberries in the fruit salad, jalapeņos in the cornbread, turnips in the stew, celery in the tuna salad, bell pepper in the egg casserole, too much chili powder in the pinto beans, or firm tofu in the soup, diced onion in the baked beans, bacon in the cabbage, (all things we really like)...so as much I love her, she doesn't get as many invitations anymore. :D

bluedogok
10/7/2012, 06:40 PM
We are making potato soup tonight, pinto beans and cornbread will be the next cold snap, chili sometime after that.

MamaMia
10/7/2012, 07:01 PM
We are making potato soup tonight, pinto beans and cornbread will be the next cold snap, chili sometime after that. My husband would disagree but I would rather have Hormel ham pinto beans and cornbread than steak. :D

FirstandGoal
10/7/2012, 07:17 PM
So this afternoon I was able to get some chicken soup made in the crockpot as well. I don't worry about portion sizes anymore, because I just freeze up the leftovers and it makes great easy meals for the nights when I don't have time (or want) to cook.

Tonight's dinner is going to be some hot chicken noodle soup with grilled cheese sammiches.

MamaMia
10/7/2012, 07:30 PM
So this afternoon I was able to get some chicken soup made in the crockpot as well. I don't worry about portion sizes anymore, because I just freeze up the leftovers and it makes great easy meals for the nights when I don't have time (or want) to cook.

Tonight's dinner is going to be some hot chicken noodle soup with grilled cheese sammiches.Freezing is a great idea. I do that sometimes with meatloaf, goulash, lasagna, chicken enchiladas and other things that freeze easily. I love to make a double batch of cornbread stuffing. It saves so much time when making any bird or your holiday turkey. I also freeze wine in ice trays for cooking. Any recipe that calls for wine, all you have to do is grab a few cubes out of a freezer ziploc. :)

This is an example of my downsizing. I sent a banana pudding home with my daughter and her bunch yesterday that I had made in that large yellow bowl. Its the same bowl I used when the kids were growing up. Today, my husband and I had no banana pudding but I still had enough ingredients to make some more vanilla bean pudding on the stove and put together another one for us. That little tiny casserole, which is about half the size of the bowl, is what I make banana pudding for the 2 of us in. :D

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/vbbp.jpg

MamaMia
10/7/2012, 07:48 PM
FirstandGoal, what kind of noodles do you use in your chicken soup? I would like to make some with noodles next time. Are they fresh, frozen or dried and when are you suppose to add them?

GDC
10/7/2012, 09:01 PM
There is no such thing as too much chicken and dumplings.:chuncky:

olevetonahill
10/7/2012, 10:24 PM
There is no such thing as too much chicken and dumplings.:chuncky:

This is True, But I tend to eat em all up in one day.

olevetonahill
10/7/2012, 11:00 PM
The Pasta Pizza was Great, Got so much left over Ima have to freeze a bunch , Tried to get The lady to take some home with her but she was skeered she would Pig out also .

FirstandGoal
10/8/2012, 10:23 AM
FirstandGoal, what kind of noodles do you use in your chicken soup? I would like to make some with noodles next time. Are they fresh, frozen or dried and when are you suppose to add them?

Sending a PM

MamaMia
10/8/2012, 10:32 AM
Sending a PMGot it. Thanks. I like that recipe because I can use my All-Clad slow cooker. :)

olevetonahill
10/8/2012, 10:42 AM
Sending a PM

If ya gots a Good recipe Share it gurl.