PDA

View Full Version : Am I being too stubborn?

FirstandGoal
10/6/2012, 09:50 AM
So just last week I had the A/C running when the highs were in the mid to high 80's, but since the cold front moved in last night the temp in the house has fallen to and is hovering right at 60 degrees. My daughter and I are wrapped up in layers of clothes and I kind of feel a little bit ridiculous that I'm having this internal battle with myself to not turn on the heater. I mean, for goodness sakes its only October 6th for crying out loud, I don't think I've ever had the heater turned on this early in the fall.

I've been thinking though that if the house temp falls into the 50's I might have to cave in and turn it on and that's going to make me angry.

Mjcpr
10/6/2012, 10:24 AM
You will be dead of cold long before that.

Turd_Ferguson
10/6/2012, 10:26 AM
Id rather hear the heater kick on than the a/c unit kick on. Set the heater at 59 or 60 and put your winter jammy's on.

olevetonahill
10/6/2012, 10:33 AM
heh, Turned mine on last night. Course I still aint wearin no clothes :very_drunk:

Breadburner
10/6/2012, 10:50 AM
My house was 55 inside...I turned on the heater and the heated mattress pad....Heh......

FirstandGoal
10/6/2012, 11:17 AM
LOL guys, I just got up and turned it on. Can't wait for the smell of burnt hair to get out of my nose.

I dipped to below 60 so I had to do it. It sucks though cause its going to be in the 70's next week.

okiewaker
10/6/2012, 11:34 AM
It will be nice next week. I just use a lasko space heater in the middle of living room to get the chill out.

olevetonahill
10/6/2012, 11:37 AM
I dont GAS what its GOING to be , I worry about what it IS right now and its COLD right now so the heater is on, When it gets HOT next week Ill turn the heater OFF and the AC on.

FirstandGoal
10/6/2012, 11:52 AM
I dont GAS what its GOING to be , I worry about what it IS right now and its COLD right now so the heater is on, When it gets HOT next week Ill turn the heater OFF and the AC on.

Pfft, I see you've missed the whole point of my neurotic obsessing about it this morning.

olevetonahill
10/6/2012, 11:54 AM
Pfft, I see you've missed the whole point of my neurotic obsessing about it this morning.

Heh, Im sayin Lightin the **** up and Enjoy what ya got , Take what ya need. :very_drunk:

MamaMia
10/6/2012, 11:55 AM
I'm hot blooded. I like it cool. My house is 63 degrees. I'm perfectly comfortable wearing a white oxford button up shirt, an OU sweatshirt over that, a pair of OU shaggy slippers that just came out of the dryer, all warm and toasty, and a pair of Levis.

I burn up at my mother in laws house, and most doctors offices. She keeps her thermostat set at 72 degrees. I could never work in a government building.

bluedogok
10/6/2012, 09:46 PM
Kind of how I am, I am used to the heat on in the morning and the A/C on in the afternoon at times. I don't care about which one is on, I am going to be comfortable.

I'm hot blooded. I like it cool. My house is 63 degrees. I'm perfectly comfortable wearing a white oxford button up shirt, an OU sweatshirt over that, a pair of OU shaggy slippers that just came out of the dryer, all warm and toasty, and a pair of Levis.

I burn up at my mother in laws house, and most doctors offices. She keeps her thermostat set at 72 degrees. I could never work in a government building.
I am very hot natured as well, I can have the front door open when it is in the 40's. It is 32 right now and I have shorts and a t-shirt on in the house, my wife is under her Tech snuggie. Denver is much better for me than Austin when it comes to the temps, much more comfortable here not running the A/C all year long, our electric bills reflect that.

At the office in winter I am usually wearing short sleeve shirts with a sweatshirt over it and the sweatshirt doesn't stay on long.

8timechamps
10/6/2012, 10:16 PM
Stubborn! Like all women. :)

MamaMia
10/7/2012, 12:25 AM
Stubborn! Like all women. :)I am NOT stubborn, and there is absolutely nothing whatsoever you could say that would make me change my mind.

cleller
10/7/2012, 09:53 AM
I have the solar heater working this morning.

FirstandGoal
10/7/2012, 11:48 AM
I am NOT stubborn, and there is absolutely nothing whatsoever you could say that would make me change my mind.

:D

Well, I finally got tired of feeling like :snowman: and I did turn the danged thing on.

olevetonahill
10/7/2012, 12:14 PM

Well, I finally got tired of feeling like :snowman: and I did turn the danged thing on.
:tickled_pink:

C&CDean
10/7/2012, 07:32 PM
90 effing degrees with 90% humidity in Orlando. It was weird seeing snow all over the roofs in Hodsmeade whilst sweating like Obama at church.

BTW, HP world kicks some A. Spent the whole day there. Rode everything and momma bought me some cool slytherin stuff. I said "but I'm gryffindor" and she goes "like hell Lucious."

MamaMia
10/7/2012, 08:18 PM

Well, I finally got tired of feeling like :snowman: and I did turn the danged thing on.Good. I didn't like thinking you were cold. Even I, turned my heat on late last night; not much, but a couple points. :)

BajaOklahoma
10/7/2012, 09:13 PM
My AC is still turned on, but taking a break in the cold weather. It dropped to 48 last night, but the house temp only dropped to 69.
I left the door to the laundry room open when I ran the dryer today.
I am wearing a sweater, but I had to wear flip-flops to get my pedicure today. lol I hated taking my feet out of the warm water.

olevetonahill
10/7/2012, 10:26 PM
90 effing degrees with 90% humidity in Orlando. It was weird seeing snow all over the roofs in Hodsmeade whilst sweating like Obama at church.

BTW, HP world kicks some A. Spent the whole day there. Rode everything and momma bought me some cool slytherin stuff. I said "but I'm gryffindor" and she goes "like hell Lucious."

Hope yer having a Great time Bro