PDA

View Full Version : 2013 OU offer, Mike Mitchell...

OU_Sooners75
10/5/2012, 09:11 PM
Prestonwood High School, Plano, Texas Middle linebacker Mike Mitchell.

He stands in at 6'4" 225. Runs a 4.3 40. Plays like Mike Singletary.

Anyway...why do I bring this kid up?

Well, his dad has now listed OU first when naming his favorite schools.

The others: Ohio State, Oregon, Florida State, Texas A&M, and TCU.

A lot of people have been thinking he is Ohio State's to lose. But it seems that OU may actually be at the top of his list since he and his father have named OU ahead of OSU the last few times interviewed.

Granted naming a list (in no specific order) really doesn't have substantial proof that any team leads. Most people do tend who the top is first.

JiuJitsuSooner
10/6/2012, 10:31 PM
Saw him on espn over the summer in some skills competition with the top juniors in the country.. Dude is a LB ran back to back 40's in the 4.30's, he beat everybody, wr's/db's/rb's (and he's a white boy, wtf?!)

He's a freak!! Wish we could somehow land him

OU_Sooners75
10/7/2012, 08:18 AM
Saw him on espn over the summer in some skills competition with the top juniors in the country.. Dude is a LB ran back to back 40's in the 4.30's, he beat everybody, wr's/db's/rb's (and he's a white boy, wtf?!)

He's a freak!! Wish we could somehow land him

OU is in very good shape with him.

His dad likes OU a lot. The Ohio State crowd thinks he is OU's to lose, while the OU crowd thinks he is OSU's to lose.

He wont be doing any official visits until after his season is over. through 5 games this year (not including this weekend) he had something like 93 tackles.

Curly Bill
10/7/2012, 01:06 PM
I'm friends with a guy who coached against Mitchell this season. He said the kid was a beast!

StoopTroup
10/7/2012, 03:27 PM
Maybe Bourbon hasn't treated them as nice as Bob?

8timechamps
10/16/2012, 06:52 PM
A little update; Mitchell and his dad (and brother) are taking an official to A&M this weekend (for the A&M/LSU game).

I think it's coming down to OU & A&M. The way Mike has the defense playing, I think OU is in pretty good shape for this kid. One of the few that I really would like to get.

10/16/2012, 07:17 PM
Two ways A&M competes for recruites... Close to home, and success in their new conference. I think the second one will take care of itself, and we've made Norman home for how many Texas kids over the years?

8timechamps
10/16/2012, 07:50 PM
Two ways A&M competes for recruites... Close to home, and success in their new conference. I think the second one will take care of itself, and we've made Norman home for how many Texas kids over the years?

I completely agree. In addition, if you're an up and coming linebacker looking to develop, the coaching situation at OU is head and shoulders above A&M.

redkid
10/17/2012, 12:36 PM
we had a pretty good LB named Mitchell once,I believe mike pulls him into the fold and creates a monster LBing crew with Mitchell,'mastrogiavani and a few other studs.

8timechamps
10/17/2012, 01:43 PM
we had a pretty good LB named Mitchell once,I believe mike pulls him into the fold and creates a monster LBing crew with Mitchell,'mastrogiavani and a few other studs.

If we land Mitchell, that could be a great duo. I really think Mastro is going to be good. Big, smart kid with a nose for the ball.

StoopTroup
10/17/2012, 08:32 PM
http://www.wellpromo.com/upload/upimg34/Nose-For-Freddy-Football-Troph-272134.jpg

8timechamps
11/11/2012, 04:25 PM
I'm afraid A&M may have locked up Mitchell with their impressive win last night. I think he's been an A&M lean from the beginning, and it's his dad that is so high on the Sooners. I hope I'm wrong, I would love to see Mitchell and Mastro together.

Curly Bill
11/11/2012, 04:26 PM
I'm afraid A&M may have locked up Mitchell with their impressive win last night. I think he's been an A&M lean from the beginning, and it's his dad that is so high on the Sooners. I hope I'm wrong, I would love to see Mitchell and Mastro together.

I concur. aTm may be a handful in the Texas recruiting battles now.

freshchris05
11/11/2012, 04:29 PM
aTm became more of a threat as soon as they inked Sumlin. I think the horns should fear the shift more than us. Times they are a'changin.

rock on sooner
11/11/2012, 04:31 PM
Funny how such a visible win creates that magnet effect. Wish
he'd look at the program history and tradition of OU vs ANY other
school. Heh, I've grown up wondering how anybody could go
anywhere but OU....

Salt City Sooner
11/11/2012, 05:45 PM
aTm became more of a threat as soon as they inked Sumlin. I think the horns should fear the shift more than us. Times they are a'changin.
I'd love to buy that but I can't. No matter if UT is 10-1 or 1-10, there's tons of kids down there who dream of playing for them (Caleb Benenoch is the perfect example) & will jump at an offer 10 seconds ago. The pool of Texas kids who feel that way about OU was small enough when A&M was stinking up the joint, & I've got a feeling it's going to be shrinking some more.

I loved seeing Saban get beat; I just wish it hadn't been A&M who did it.

trwxxa
11/11/2012, 06:10 PM
I'd love to buy that but I can't. No matter if UT is 10-1 or 1-10, there's tons of kids down there who dream of playing for them (Caleb Benenoch is the perfect example) & will jump at an offer 10 seconds ago. The pool of Texas kids who feel that way about OU was small enough when A&M was stinking up the joint, & I've got a feeling it's going to be shrinking some more.

I am seeing a bit of a change when it comes to kids going to Texas. For the first 10 years or so of Mack, Texas was winning and kids growing up saw Texas was winning and had them at the top of the list and comitted on the spot when the offer came. Over the past 3 years or so, Texas has not been the same, including this year though their record is good, and they have been putting fewer kids in the NFL. Kids are noticing this as well. Yes, Texas still gets first crack, but kids here in Texas are also looking around before making a decision and continue to look after the decision is made.

With that said, the competition in Texas for OU is tougher. I believe the SEC, especially the West division schools, will continue to make in roads.

Sabanball
11/22/2012, 12:10 PM
You guys are right. The AM recruiting phones are ringing off the hook now. A lot of buzz around the program, and with Manziel about to win the heisman, they're getting plenty of pub. Sumlin really has it really going on down there.

DentonSoonerFan
12/13/2012, 01:26 PM
Any updates on this guy? I noticed on scout, they had his interest level on high for tOSU, aTm, and OU. Now the interest level is Med. across the board.

8timechamps
12/13/2012, 04:06 PM
Any updates on this guy? I noticed on scout, they had his interest level on high for tOSU, aTm, and OU. Now the interest level is Med. across the board.

Very, very long shot. Mitchell will end up choosing between Texas A&M and Ohio State. OU may get an honorary shot at being the third school, but I'd say that chances that OU is there in the end is about 5%.