PDA

View Full Version : Bob Woodward Rumor - Obama's Bad Performance

soonercruiser
10/5/2012, 09:09 PM
LATEST CONJECTURE!!!!!

Bob Woodward (aka Watergate Bob) was on FOX this evening.
He is pushing the theory that Obama's poor debate performance was due to some bad news he may have gotten shortly before the debate.
There is a story perculating on a potential scandal about foreign money making it's way into Obama's Presidential campaign.....and the administration supressing the story.

Anybody got more on this story?

OU_Sooners75
10/5/2012, 09:18 PM
Anything to not make Obama look bad, i guess.

soonercruiser
10/5/2012, 09:19 PM
It was just interesting to me that Woodward (with his reputation) would even come up with a theory, unless he has some inside info.

OU_Sooners75
10/5/2012, 09:27 PM
Well, Google is a very good tool....

Here is a article I found.

Mind any of YOU (either side of the aisle) I do not copy and paste articles but on occasion.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2012/10/05/foreign_donor_scandal_to_hit_obama_campaign

The Washington Examiner (http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2509895/%23.UG47-vl_WGP#.UG7zXhh5Hx4) is reporting Obama For America is about to get rocked by a scandal involving taxes and foreign donors.

According to knowledgeable sources, a national magazine and a national web site are preparing a blockbuster donor scandal story.

Sources told Secrets that the Obama campaign has been trying to block the story. But a key source said it plans to publish the story Friday or, more likely, Monday.

According to the sources, a taxpayer watchdog group conducted a nine-month investigation into presidential and congressional fundraising and has uncovered thousands of cases of credit card solicitations and donations to Obama and Capitol Hill, allegedly from unsecure accounts, and many from overseas. That might be a violation of federal election laws.

The Obama campaign has received hundreds of millions in small dollar donations, many via credit card donations through their website. On Thursday, the campaign announced a record September donor haul of $150 million.
It's no surprise President Obama has support overseas. Billionaires like George Soros support him and considering Hollywood is partially controlled by European money, naturally Obama has foreign support. Obama's economic philosophy is also similar to European style resdistribution of wealth, which is why French President Francois Hollande supports him. We'll have to wait and see how this story plays out and whether the Obama campaign really has a problem/scandal to deal with a month away from Election Day.

cleller
10/5/2012, 09:40 PM
This could get interesting. I think it would take some scandal, or suspicion to make enough people stay home for him to lose.

Skysooner
10/5/2012, 09:43 PM
This may or may not happen but Woodward is promoting a book.

landrun
10/5/2012, 09:43 PM
Here's the Washington Examiner report: http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2509895/#.UG5KQZjA-OP

Mazeppa
10/5/2012, 10:11 PM
It's probably nothing that wasn't done in 2008.

cleller
10/5/2012, 10:16 PM
In his State of the Union Address where he attacked the Supreme Court, Obama had this to say on the subject:

“With all due deference to separation of powers, last week the Supreme Court reversed a century of law that I believe will open the floodgates for special interests –- including foreign corporations –- to spend without limit in our elections. I don’t think American elections should be bankrolled by America’s most powerful interests, or worse, by foreign entities.”

Wishboned
10/6/2012, 12:44 AM
In his State of the Union Address where he attacked the Supreme Court, Obama had this to say on the subject:

“With all due deference to separation of powers, last week the Supreme Court reversed a century of law that I believe will open the floodgates for special interests –- including foreign corporations –- to spend without limit in our elections. I don’t think American elections should be bankrolled by America’s most powerful interests, or worse, by foreign entities. COUGH Unless it benefits me COUGH”

FTFY

Soonerjeepman
10/6/2012, 08:02 AM
watch the acorm video..she mentions the list of under $200 donors...interesting

the problem I'm getting from my lib friends is they think Romney is just as crooked...he might be, but he is an unknown, they know obama..or think they do so they will vote for him. My one friend asked him if I was worse off than before obama...besides the threat of taxes going up...all I had was food, fuel, living expenses. that didn't phase him.

cleller
10/6/2012, 08:06 AM

the problem I'm getting from my lib friends is they think Romney is just as crooked...he might be, but he is an unknown, they know obama..or think they do so they will vote for him. My one friend asked him if I was worse off than before obama...besides the threat of taxes going up...all I had was food, fuel, living expenses. that didn't phase him.

My household income is the same + everything else more expensive (especially insurance) = worse

sappstuf
10/6/2012, 08:06 AM

The last part of this video 100% captures what you are saying.

2gVESsj9okI

hawaii 5-0
10/6/2012, 10:31 AM
Maybe there was another reason Obama didn't want to meet with Wotld Leaders at the UN meeting.

They were told to drop off their suitcases full of $$$$ at the back door.

5-0

pphilfran
10/6/2012, 10:38 AM
It takes over a billion dollars to get elected...a billion stinking dollars...

A sad state of affairs...

rock on sooner
10/6/2012, 10:59 AM
It takes over a billion dollars to get elected...a billion stinking dollars...

A sad state of affairs...

Citizens United MUST be reversed or it's gonna take TWO billion before long.

cleller
10/8/2012, 03:13 PM
There's a story out now on the internet (currently only at conservative websites) about the GAI (Gov Accountability Institute) study of campaign finances. Lots of problems, including foreign money. Documents the Obama campaign taking credit card payments without requiring the Card Verification Code for donations, yet requiring the CVV to purchase merchandise. Also some questionable foreign involvement, regarding Obama.com, which is run from China. A quote from the story:

“The fact that Obama.com is not owned or managed by the Obama campaign is a mystery,” muses the GAI. “Obama for America owns 392 different domain names bearing either the President’s name or the name of campaign initiatives. It seems logical that Obama.com would be sought after by the campaign.”

But instead, it found its way into the hands of Robert Roche, an Illinois native who lives in Shanghai, and has developed strong commercial ties with the Communist Chinese government. He still gets back to the United States often enough to have made nineteen visits to the White House since 2009, including a personal meeting with the President, and several meetings with the White House Chief of Staff.

http://www.humanevents.com/2012/10/08/obama-campaign-part-of-foreign-campaign-donation-scandal/

By not using the CVV code, the Obama campaign could face millions more in credit card fees. Why would anyone use such a system? The only explanation I can think of is to intentionally prevent info from being collected that might later be evidence of fraud.

diverdog
10/8/2012, 04:20 PM
LATEST CONJECTURE!!!!!

Bob Woodward (aka Watergate Bob) was on FOX this evening.
He is pushing the theory that Obama's poor debate performance was due to some bad news he may have gotten shortly before the debate.
There is a story perculating on a potential scandal about foreign money making it's way into Obama's Presidential campaign.....and the administration supressing the story.

Anybody got more on this story?

I have everything from the altitude to anniversary sex the night before. The truth is Romney has done dozens of debates over the past year and Obama has done none. The old saying practice makes perfect probably applies.

LiveLaughLove
10/8/2012, 06:32 PM
I think this donor thing could get real interesting.

Having said that, Obama lost because he's not that smart on his feet, and he thinks he should be treated like royalty.

The topic was the economy. How the heck could he win? His economy sucks...big.

cleller
10/8/2012, 07:08 PM
Not even a gratuitous tweet from the big 3 networks. They'd have been asking about a resignation from anyone else.

landrun
10/8/2012, 08:37 PM
Interesting.
Eric Ericson of redstate.com tells his story of donating to Mr. Obama.
http://www.redstate.com/2012/10/08/i-donated-to-barack-obama/

Here's one person's accepted donation:

sonofbreitbart•an hour ago−

Obama for America is now $3.00 richer thanks to:

M. T. Chare
4 Leg St
Damascus, AK 00000
(wouldn't let him put Syria, so he just selected the first state on the list)

Employer: Hezbollah

M. T. sent me a screen shot of the thank you email signed by Rufus Gifford, OFA's National Finance Driector.

Oh, And the charge did go through to M. T.'s bank, it did not show up as BofA.

An interesting point brought up was you have to wonder if any US TAXPAYER money is going for foreign aid and recycled back into obama campaign coffers.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/8/2012, 09:12 PM
Not even a gratuitous tweet from the big 3 networks. They'd have been asking about a resignation from anyone else.

I don't know anyone who watches the evening news on ABC, NBC, or CBS. People don't get their news that way.

cleller
10/8/2012, 09:20 PM
I don't know anyone who watches the evening news on ABC, NBC, or CBS. People don't get their news that way.

Don't you acknowledge that "more Americans get their news from ABC News than than from any other source"? I think there is a trademark involved in there somewhere, so it has to be true.

In summation: The Obama campaign in all likelihood has garnered millions in illegal donations, and is aware of this. They have also facilitated it, while doing their best to secrete their culpability.

diverdog
10/9/2012, 12:40 AM
Interesting read on Obama's debate performance and I agree with it:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-milbank-president-obama-doesnt-meet-the-press/2012/10/04/ac688c8a-0e78-11e2-bb5e-492c0d30bff6_story.html?tid=pm_opinions_pop