PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks Shepard will be the next Broyles?

Okiemofo
10/5/2012, 08:49 PM
I've heard lots of guys saying the think Shepard will be OU's next Broyles. If so wouldn't you think he should be moved to Broyle's old spot?

picasso
10/5/2012, 09:00 PM
There will never be another Broyles but I think Shep can be that explosive guy we're needing right now. He has great hands on top of his athletic ability.

OU_Sooners75
10/5/2012, 09:03 PM
I don't.

I do love how Ryan Broyles played and all, but I think Shepard will be more like his dad, Derrick Shepard.

Derrick didnt get a lot of attention, but in a wishbone offense, he was superb and arguably the best WR in the wishbone ever at OU.

SO maybe Sterling will become the best spread WR ever at OU?

OH and he is already playing Ryan Broyles old spot...Slot Receiver.

He started vs. Kansas State.

picasso
10/5/2012, 09:14 PM
hmmm that's a thread all in of itself.

Best wishbone WR at OU? Tinker, Brooks, Arthur Guess, McDaniel? I liked Buster Rhymes better when he was RB.
Carl Cabbiness? Remember when Jim Rockford played WR before being moved to DB? heh

8timechamps
10/5/2012, 09:22 PM
hmmm that's a thread all in of itself.

Best wishbone WR at OU? Tinker, Brooks, Arthur Guess, McDaniel? I liked Buster Rhymes better when he was RB.
Carl Cabbiness? Remember when Jim Rockford played WR before being moved to DB? heh

I'd say Owens, but Sheppard was pretty special too. In fact, all those guys were good (duh!).

Carl Cabbiness, there's a guy I hadn't thought about in a long time. Remember his brother, Chris? Never really panned out like Carl, but then again he got to Norman at a bad time.

JiminyChristmas
10/5/2012, 09:29 PM
Sheppard has been the bright spot on the offense for the year. You can just tell he has some extra juice that unfortunately most of our other guys don't right now.

IslandSooner
10/5/2012, 09:49 PM
Was Jim Rockford Garner actually any good? Before my time, just wandering?

Jacie
10/5/2012, 11:01 PM
No one is ever the "next" someone else (okay, Heisman-winning QB's excepted). What happens, if we are lucky, is that someone becomes the next impact player, the one that seems to bail us out on third down time and again. Demarco was that guy, then Broyles and Whalen. So maybe Shepard will become that guy.

picasso
10/5/2012, 11:04 PM
Was Jim Rockford Garner actually any good? Before my time, just wandering?
I'm talking about Jim Rockford who played in the early/mid 80's.

Jacie
10/5/2012, 11:07 PM
I thought James Garner was on the track team.

Mazeppa
10/5/2012, 11:21 PM
I think he will be the next Shepard, and probably better than the next Broyles.

MamaMia
10/5/2012, 11:35 PM
We just need a next 'somebody,' 'anybody.'

Mazeppa
10/5/2012, 11:51 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/ziso61.jpg

Okiemofo
10/6/2012, 08:54 AM
When I said "the next Broyles" of course I know there won't actually be another Broyles. Ryan was THE BEST and my all-time absolute very favorite. But with this "Little Shep" I think the kid has all the talent and tools to make us one hecik of a player. I would want him on the field as much as possible.

OU_Sooners75
10/6/2012, 09:24 AM
No one is ever the "next" someone else (okay, Heisman-winning QB's excepted). What happens, if we are lucky, is that someone becomes the next impact player, the one that seems to bail us out on third down time and again. Demarco was that guy, then Broyles and Whalen. So maybe Shepard will become that guy.

Who is Whalen?

Okiemofo
10/6/2012, 09:36 AM
I think he meant WAYLEN.. like Waylen Jennings.. lol.

Who is Whalen?

picasso
10/6/2012, 09:50 AM
I think they were talking about Eddie Van Whalen, who played in the early/mid 80's.

Okie35
10/6/2012, 11:42 AM
Maybe the kid is good.

Monster Zero
10/6/2012, 01:23 PM
I don't.

I do love how Ryan Broyles played and all, but I think Shepard will be more like his dad, Derrick Shepard.

Derrick didnt get a lot of attention, but in a wishbone offense, he was superb and arguably the best WR in the wishbone ever at OU.

SO maybe Sterling will become the best spread WR ever at OU?

OH and he is already playing Ryan Broyles old spot...Slot Receiver.

He started vs. Kansas State.

Right on. It's a fair question but Sterling Shepard is gonna turn out to be the next Shepard at OU, which is a good thing. Nothing against Ryan Broyles, mind you.

goingoneight
10/6/2012, 02:11 PM
I don't think Shepard has any extra "juice" to him just three games in. He just appears to be more talented than Stills, Metoyer and Brown.

StoopTroup
10/6/2012, 02:15 PM
Shepard is going to have a nice year with LJ throwing to him. I think he's off to a great start and if Stills and Brown keep their numbers up...Shepard won't see as many double teams.

Next year? It depends on who the QB is IMO. If it's Bell....I don't think Shepard will have as many catches as we will be more of a run Team.